Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Club Rugby - And The Finalists Are?

Champion
    vCash
    Maybe a long session one arvo at the Leederville - leave club allegiances at the door, discuss how we grow our game, attract players, keep players, develope players and give our supporters a product they relish giving up a saturday to support.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    While I think that's a bloody brilliant idea isn't that what RugbyWA is for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Maybe a long session one arvo at the Leederville - leave club allegiances at the door, discuss how we grow our game, attract players, keep players, develope players and give our supporters a product they relish giving up a saturday to support.
    I'm up for that Hansie. Like in every organisation or company there is good and bad at RWA. IMHO organisations don't run on passion but successful ones are set up on passion, which I think is where we need to be. I think a rep from each club over a beer is a good starting point. Definitely leaving club allegiances at the door

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Champion
    vCash
    O.K. let's look at some date after the season's dust has settled - maybe end of September. I think Fulvio needs to be moderator and to make it worthwhile, we do need someone keen to take shorthand or some notes. Fulvio could outline dot points for debate and others passionate about growing our game could add points for debate. Let's be strict about getting a fruitful discussion. I think Fulvio will be able to keep the debate on track.Such a get together is intended to assist RugbyWA, they do a bloody hard job with good people. Personally I feel they try to please all of the people all of the time.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    If this "forum" does go ahead, I can offer The Leederville Sporting Clubs main hall as a venue if needed.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    WTF have I got to do with this concept?

I'm only here to to stir up you lot!

And Hansie, you are aware of my past history with the RugbyWA administration, aren't you?

I'd hardly be a dispassionate moderator. More an anti RugbyWA attack dog.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ask the foundation member of the Retired Western Force Players Assoc. to be the moderator, that way he can take the feedback directly back to the Board.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio that's exactly why you'd be perfect.

You'd lack passion - which is not the case - if you did not constructively criticize our Competition Adminstrators.

Anyway you owe me a beer.

You and I also agree our comp needs to address referee education, retention of juniors as they get older and coaching resources.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    and cheerleaders...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran
    vCash
    im quite interested to see what you think about curtin gaining a premiership spot? and the fact you think there are diferences between gold and black 4th grade?

is there a difference?

Also, im pretty the goats are going to take out the 4th grade gold minor premiership this weekend against joondalup, there is three points in it, with the goats having an advantage... the goats will get up

Anything that is decided would have to be phased in over a number of years i would have thought to allow the clubs to build a team that will be able to compete in the reserve grade and then the premiership grade. I think they should have to prove themselves first in reserve to be able to put their hands up to compete in the premiership.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I just had a look at the so called Soaks players list for this Saturday on the RugbyWA website.

No Staniforths, no O'Young on it.

Who do these wankers think they're kidding?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    im quite interested to see what you think about curtin gaining a premiership spot? and the fact you think there are diferences between gold and black 4th grade?

is there a difference?

Also, im pretty the goats are going to take out the 4th grade gold minor premiership this weekend against joondalup, there is three points in it, with the goats having an advantage... the goats will get up

Anything that is decided would have to be phased in over a number of years i would have thought to allow the clubs to build a team that will be able to compete in the reserve grade and then the premiership grade. I think they should have to prove themselves first in reserve to be able to put their hands up to compete in the premiership.
    Should be a good game today. Coupled with a few cold beers in the sunshine, followed by the 2nd Bledisloe, life seems pretty good. Anyway, back to improving the rugby set up in WA. Phasing in won't work without a concrete plan and schedule. The plan would need to cover:
    - Development and growth of rugby in all catchment areas
    - Incentives to attract more referees, coaches & managers
    - All clubs to have a clearly defined pathway so kids can go from under 6 through to premier rugby without having to jump ship
    - Club rugby & PSA working together
    - Develop a clear business plan with a timeline to cover all of the above

RWA does have a business plan but it needs to be revised to reflect the changes in population growth areas and it needs to have complete buy in from all the clubs, who should have input. Unfortunately this needs to be treated like a business as passion alone won't cut it. I would much rather see all the Force players in the WA comp so there's no pointless bickering about Chris O'Young & Spanner (no dig intended there). This won't happen until we have a local comp that rivals the eastern states and for this to happen it needs to be driven by us, lovers of the great game. From RWA down to under 6s. The ARU might even pay attention to us once this happens.
    My head hurts (the price of a hangover & getting up early to watch my son in the under 10s this morning) so I'll leave with this conversation starter (thanks for incentive Palitu). How about Curtin & Joondalup combining forces for a drive towards premier status. Curtin Brothers. Remember- if it wasn't for the venetian blind it would be Curtin for us all

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The Goat Brothers?

Maybe the magic number is eight, if you get the seven PSA Schools plus Aranmore Catholic College (who actually have it on the curriculum as a subject!) then you have a feeder school for each club too.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    ....you are aware of my past history......
    ...as opposed to your future history?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    pedantic ref!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast