Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: tips for round 17

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Paly 33-Rocky 19.

You'll be happy RM!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Very happy. Another top performance by Rocky having Paly down 12-0 after 20 minutes and 19-10 down at half time.

Could have won it but only 4 on the bench as Reserves were playing in Woop Woop and needed to qualify a few guys for finals.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stadh View Post
    West in a tight one over cott
    Neddies to thump Perth
    paly over rocky
    uni easy over wanneroo
    soaks over kala
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Well done, only one wrong.

Wests 26 Cott 25.

And the Premier was there to see what a bunch of losers Cott are. Wonder if the Cott coach told the Wests coach to "F... off" after the game, as is the tradition?

Was their farcical 120th Anniversary cancelled or did they continue with the charade?

Champion
    vCash
    You would think after 120 years of rugby that someone would be able to kick a ball over from right in front and Pugs did get a beer off Chook and then left without buying him one back much to Chooks dismay[pugs is one tight bastard]

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Very happy. Another top performance by Rocky having Paly down 12-0 after 20 minutes and 19-10 down at half time.

Could have won it but only 4 on the bench as Reserves were playing in Woop Woop and needed to qualify a few guys for finals.
    In actual fact you are happy with this as it allowed Paly to get away with a win!

Any truth to the Rumour that you got so close to the action that you actually run the line?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    You should know not to listen to rumours Pisston.

I'd had enough Superdrys by half time I'm not sure I could have run in a straight line.

Player
    vCash
    You should know not to listen to rumours Pisston.

I'd had enough Superdrys by half time I'm not sure I could have run in a straight line.
    Very disappointed to read that.

I expected something better from you!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Very disappointed to read that.

I expected something better from you!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    C'mon, Superdrys aren't that bad

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    C'mon, Superdrys aren't that bad
    I was more referring to his piss weak excuse.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Well done, only one wrong.

Wests 26 Cott 25.

And the Premier was there to see what a bunch of losers Cott are. Wonder if the Cott coach told the Wests coach to "F... off" after the game, as is the tradition?

Was their farcical 120th Anniversary cancelled or did they continue with the charade?
    Ahh there you are RM - I thought you had gone soft over the last month but NOOOOO... the usually tripe shines through eventually. Thanks for keeping in real.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    You would think after 120 years of rugby that someone would be able to kick a ball over from right in front and Pugs did get a beer off Chook and then left without buying him one back much to Chooks dismay[pugs is one tight bastard]
    Westie - congrats and from what I heard it was a good game played in good spirits and contested scrums all day. U are right about the kicking though...

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Ahh there you are RM - I thought you had gone soft over the last month but NOOOOO... the usually tripe shines through eventually. Thanks for keeping in real.
    Dinky, Wholetruth spelt out very clearly the history as we all know it; ie:

"There was a Pirates club back in 1893 but there was only a Cottesloe Pirates from 1928. And don't forget there was no rugby in Perth between 1914 and 1927.
    Do the maths. "

Is there something in Wholetruth's version that is factually incorrect? We all think Cott are drawing a very long bow in claiming 2013 to be their 120th Anniversary. As a good Cott man perhaps you can tell us in very clear terms how Cott can justify their claim, ie playing rugby in Perth for the past 120 years? (without 30 year gaps!).

Seems like a Claytons Anniversary to me used as a PR exercise to breath life into a club that is on its way out.

PS Wonder if the Premier had spent hours learning the words to We're Blue because we're blue...........(repeated 40 times)?

Last edited by RumourMonger; 05-08-13 at 13:17.

vCash
    Kala v Soaks

Kala had nothing to lose and played accordingly, jumping to a quick 3 try lead inside 25 mins. Soaks fought back late in the half to pull back 2 tries. Soaks continued to put pressure on the Kala defence with a try, courtesy of a player staying in the defensive line opening gaps for his mates, next to the posts. Kala weren't done yet scoring another try, adding a penalty and playing some determined scrambling defence late to escape 33 - 28 winners.
    Cottrel did well with plenty of involvements but was outplayed by Tali. McMenimen had little impact as a late sub getting easily tackled whenever he got the ball.
    Jordy scored a double on the right wing.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Dinky, Wholetruth spelt out very clearly the history as we all know it; ie:

"There was a Pirates club back in 1893 but there was only a Cottesloe Pirates from 1928. And don't forget there was no rugby in Perth between 1914 and 1927.
    Do the maths. "

Is there something in Wholetruth's version that is factually incorrect? We all think Cott are drawing a very long bow in claiming 2013 to be their 120th Anniversary. As a good Cott man perhaps you can tell us in very clear terms how Cott can justify their claim, ie playing rugby in Perth for the past 120 years? (without 30 year gaps!).

Seems like a Claytons Anniversary to me used as a PR exercise to breath life into a club that is on its way out.

PS Wonder if the Premier had spent hours learning the words to We're Blue because we're blue...........(repeated 40 times)?
    Not what I was referring to - PR stunt or not its irrelevant to Metro Rugby.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Not what I was referring to - PR stunt or not its irrelevant to Metro Rugby.
    So you admit it was a PR stunt. At least we're getting somewhere.

You are suspiciously silent on the 120 years of history bit so we'll that as an acceptance that it was a sham.

The only thing soon to be irrelevant to Metro Rugby is the Cottesloe Rugby Club. Their days are numbered.

vCash
    If I had anything to do with it, it would have made national news - Now back to you putting words in everyone's mouth... again... PR Stunt or not is what was said - please maintain your very slim grasp of the Queens English prior to trying any verbal or literal jousting. I just makes you look....... desperate. Again

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast