Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why people join to stir?

vCash
    The sheer volume of posts would indicate a peer mod thing might be the go - Mods have lifes too - am guessing that if two or more peps say no this is trolling then it makes the mods life easier - so long as it is understood that you can only card trolling as opposed to not actually liking someone's opinion it could work.

i.e. we couldn't card the Cheerleader thing because it is part of the game for some peps

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Gees Louise EnForcer
    The people on here are a touch precious.
    People do have different opinions.
    Supporters of other franchises like to call our bullsh1t and believe me some of these Force players are placed on a pedestal way up in the sky where they don't belong. There are some pretty average players in the Force team, but united we stand as we in the west need a team to support and damn it we'll support them whether they suck @rse or not. When you are a passionate rugby supporter, it's a hard life in WA without rugby. Our circumstance is incomprehensible to the east coast inbred who has never ventured further afield than his/her own suburb.
    Rugby must survive and prosper in WA for our own pleasure. That is why we are so passionate/desperate.
    We are vulnerable to the niggle and some on here are so p1ssweak and sensitive that it's like taking candy from babies. It's also dull and boring to ignore the baiting. Join me in the counter sledge. It makes you feel warm inside.

footnote
    I bet you got sledged a lot in the lineout and never had a comeback till after the boatraces. Fire up old chap

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Should I attemp to introduce 'peer moderating' where members can 'yellow card' other members as per previous post?

Praise = Yes/I Like the concept
    Smite = No/Don't like the concept
    The moderating on here is akin to Nazism. Relax a bit.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    I am not a fan of mob law
    There are a lot of cliques and cyber groupies on here who can't handle a bit of team or player criticism. If you're a regular, you can post with impunity. If you're a newbie or non Force supporter, you get canned/banned for pretty harmless banter.
    Try cycling the moderators. Some of them are a touch precious and get a bit carried away with their own importance

Last edited by SleazyWineBaas; 03-03-09 at 20:02.

vCash
    Not entirely true, SWB. Chis was a regular and a Force supporter.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    I'm game for anyone who wants to turn up, its all (meant to be) fun and games after all or maybe I'm just in lala-land.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    Why people join to stir?......It's a question I have asked myself on several occasions.

I'm a Force supporter and passionate about them. I know we have faults and weaknesses as do other teams but I reckon we are doing pretty well considering all that has happened in our infant years. I'm critical at times, almost scathing but that is my right as a supporter and I believe we should all be allowed to do this on occasion. However, we are Force supporters and being so we come together on game day and love and support our team and all the players playing. It's the way it is.

Now, why would I go onto some other team’s supporters site to stir the pot and generally be a nuisance. I suggest in some cases it's immaturity, others it's because of lack of intelligence and they follow like a lamb. But that leaves the remaining few. I have to admit some of these pests appear to be intelligent and weigh in with smart and witty comments. I have even seen, on occasion, intelligent debate from some of them. But I'm afraid this does not last long.

The core perpetrators are here for other reasons. They openly slag us on other sites and talk about going on fishing trips and having fun at our expense. Now, most of us could bring ourselves down to that level and spend our time bagging, slagging and generally being a nuisance. Fortunately most of us are not like that. We have banter, craic, informative debate and even the odd fight like any family would. But that is what we are, a family.

I still do not know the answer to the question but I'm pretty sure it has something akin to people who scratch my car because it is better than theirs. Or people when not included in something good they will find fault in everything that is there. But this all comes down to the fundamental reason being jealousy, which is an immature emotion.

So, my point is. Why feed these people? They are here to spoil, brag, slag and essentially break the thing we have. All that happens when you respond to them is that it inflates their immature egos and gives them some sort of perceived power over you. Maybe this is the only power they have in their lives? I don't know, but please take heed and ignore them for they are nothing but little boys with little toys.

Go The Force
    I see no naming of any members in the original post, so why have people started posting and accusing certain members. It's good to have members from all around Australia and the world, do we not have dedicated sections for them too??? Of course we do.

So for example, if It's a crappy post / thread in the Force section, don't get upset and post attacking the poster, just ignore it and it will slide down the page and disappear onto page 2 and beyond soon enough, simple. If it has offensive language etc just press the "Report Post" button.

jmho

Fair post EnForcer.

Go The Force!

vCash
    and highly repetitive - typical post

CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all Gits fault
    other peps: blah blah blah
    CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all JM fault
    CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all firepower's fault
    CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all JM fault
    CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all TWF's mods fault

CH: WE'RE DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED WE WILL NEVER WIN - DON'T DARE ENJOY A MOMENT OF RUGBY espesically the FORCE.
    It wouldn't be so bad if he had a sense of humour or occasionally had a laugh with some peps here and the lanuage - bleedin' Chewbacca has a greater command of the English language - and this is from someone who really can't spell.

When I could be bothered to read it I had an overwhelming desire to throw him into a padded cell with all the uppers in the world and a copy of Billy and Albert - in the end I just put an ignore on him and some others - Rugby is an escape from DOOM and GLOOM - not for repetitive drivel from people who CANNOT and WILLNOT accept other's rights to an opinion.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    From my own memory, pretty much all the eastern states guys on here have made good points when they're being nice.

I do take issue with being made to feel like an idiot for supporting my own team when the website is dedicated to that same team though - like TQ1 said, I support my team to forget about the irritations of the day, not to add to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    and highly repetitive - typical post

CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all Gits fault
    CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all firepower's fault
    CH: I believe the force are rubbish we are doomed I tell you we are doomed - it's all TWF's mods fault

CH: WE'RE DOOMED WE'RE DOOMED WE WILL NEVER WIN - DON'T DARE ENJOY A MOMENT OF RUGBY espesically the FORCE.
    It wouldn't be so bad if he had a sense of humour or occasionally had a laugh with some peps here and the lanuage - bleedin' Chewbacca has a greater command of the English language - and this is from someone who really can't spell.

When I could be bothered to read it I had an overwhelming desire to throw him into a padded cell with all the uppers in the world and a copy of Billy and Albert - in the end I just put an ignore on him and some others - Rugby is an escape from DOOM and GLOOM - not for repetitive drivel from people who CANNOT and WILLNOT accept other's rights to an opinion.
    You see what you want to see
    What's also particularly annoying is..........oh Gits, I'm getting wet. Oh Drew, take me. I got a photo with Gits, look at me look at me. For those of us with Y chromosomes it is pretty dull and tedious but apparently to Gen Y XX posters,it is essential rugby diatribe. If you don't like it, don't read it. You weren't charged a fee to read the post. Don't feel obliged. It takes all kinds to fill a freeway. Deal with it.

vCash
    Interesting post but I'm only seeing it with time delay not live posting like on the other TWF threads tonight... about 3 hours behind.... Clever.... I guess I'm not trusted... its a bit silly to cut Eastern members out of the conversation... I guess I'll read it tomorrow... Is this the siege mentality taking hold people which you talk about?... Its OK relax...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    By the way, that's an uplifting avatar you have there sleaz ...er mr. Baas ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    From my own memory, pretty much all the eastern states guys on here have made good points when they're being nice.

I do take issue with being made to feel like an idiot for supporting my own team when the website is dedicated to that same team though - like TQ1 said, I support my team to forget about the irritations of the day, not to add to them.
    Well said Beige. I come on here for similar reasons, I love this team and don't need to have to defend them constantly on a site meant for their supporters.

I am also a member of a similar site for my beloved Magners League side. Not once have I heard ramblings of hate from people who follow other teams on there.

I think others need to find the supporter site for their team and support YOUR team so find one and start posting support for your own team.

Go the tahs is one for the Tah fans to start with. http://www.gothetahs.com/

One for the Reds. http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=6448381091

And one for the Brumbies fans as well. http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947590150

Last edited by welshrugbyfan; 03-03-09 at 21:06.

vCash
    I think we should ban every non WA resident!
    Especially all qlders, I can't stand there stunning good looks
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Also, I may be tolerable now, but wait till it's the QLD-WA match....
    It will be cage fighting on speed
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast