Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What have you done for me lately.........

Champion
    vCash
    Okay I've been flushed out. All and I mean all the Force boy's that have been associated with Wests have always gone above and beyond any request for assistance in regards to both on field and off field tasks.
    Undressing fields, cleaning changing rooms, filling water bottles etc these boy's are always in boots and all.
    Dwanye Nester is always available to come down and run drills[That's for whodunit]
    Plenty of people here get off on bagging Richard Graham but at least he would come down quite regularly and run through the latest systems and stick round for a beer and is a genuine good bugger.
    Foley and his assistants I have never seen at any club games anywhere, you guy's do know I hate him with a passion don't you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Emu, I saw what you did there.
    Is it open slather by Force players to pick a club that suits them or do Force management organise it?

In AFL in Adelaide until Crows got reserve team two years ago. Recently drafted players from interstate for Port and Crows were allocated to the SANFL clubs on a needs basis worst to best if they did not have previous allegiance.

Rookie
    vCash
    Melbourne Rebel's 10 Feb 16 - From their website.

Maybe happier place Promise not trolling

The Melbourne Rebels are hoping to strengthen the pathway to Super Rugby for local talent with the Direct Connect Dewar Shield ambassador program evolving in 2016.

Every contracted Rebels player has been assigned as an ambassador to a local Rugby club, where their role will vary from playing for their Club, attending functions, junior registration days and engaging with all stakeholders.

“The Dewar Shield teams are really keen to build on the existing strong foundations, alignment and engagement with the Rebels so there are some exciting times ahead,” Melbourne Rebels General Manager Rugby Operations Baden Stephenson said.

For the first time, representatives, including presidents, coaches and directors of rugby, from all nine Dewar Shield clubs were invited to spent the morning with Rebels players and coaching staff at IKON Park on Tuesday.

The guests joined the Rebels for a team meeting before hearing from Stephenson, Head Coach Tony McGahan and Head of Performance Bryce Cavanagh about the direction of the club and watching the players be put through their paces in a training session.

“It’s extremely important to have this strong connection as the professional game can’t succeed without that community base,” Stephenson said.

“We’ve got some great junior clubs and Dewar Shield clubs in Melbourne that are vital for growing the code and Melbourne Rebels base.

“We want everyone in Melbourne to feel passionately that the Rebels are their Super Rugby team.”

Rebels flanker Jordy Reid has been a regular member of the Melbourne Unicorns for the last two seasons.

The fan favourite said the relationship between the Rebels and local clubs was important to the success of Rugby in Melbourne.

“It’s great to have an affiliation with a local club,” Reid said. “I think that relationship is super important.”

“I’ve played my fair share of games in the Dewar Shield so I love getting back to club land and getting amongst all the guys who love playing for the fun of it and those trying to make it to the next level.

“Trying to bridge the gap and get familiar with the club players and the player in around the club is good for us and good for them as well.”

After making history with the club signing its first two home-grown players, Sione Tuipulotu and Rob Leota, Stephenson hopes a strong relationship with local teams will provide greater opportunities for local players.

“We’ve just signed our first two local contracted players and we want more home grown talent to be future Rebels,” Stephenson said.

“It’s really important that the clubs and players feel there’s a pathway for success and opportunities here in Melbourne.”

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    First, RugbyWA encourages Force players to play club within the "Purple Circle", within 5 -7 km of McGilivray.

Second, the clubs offer cash and other incentives for the players to join their club.

Third certain players hawk themselves around to the highest bidder.

Fourth, RugbyWA blames all this on the heinous nasty RUPA.

Fifth, we end up with the skewed parody which passes for local club rugby in WA.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    can anyone name any Force players who played club rugby for Nedlands last season?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    First, RugbyWA encourages Force players to play club within the "Purple Circle", within 5 -7 km of McGilivray.

Second, the clubs offer cash and other incentives for the players to join their club.

Third certain players hawk themselves around to the highest bidder.

Fourth, RugbyWA blames all this on the heinous nasty RUPA.

Fifth, we end up with the skewed parody which passes for local club rugby in WA.
    Gob smacked. I was unaware. It was interesting the spread of talent by Rebels and Brumby's which included home grown and long term allegiances Lilo at Vikings Coleman/ Makin Whites juniors Staniforth Royals Powell Vikings Bernie and Bernie Jnr (Jooste) Wests

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    can anyone name any Force players who played club rugby for Nedlands last season?
    why, has old age affected your memory?

Me too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Dwanye Nester is always available to come down and run drills[
    Awesome, keep it up.

vCash
    Works in a machine shop.

Always ready for overtime, is our Wayne.

vCash
    For petalz, perhaps the inter club vitriol comes as a result of nobody actually trusting the administration to have their best interests at heart. When I was playing volleyball, all of the clubs were administered by the same association, the regional team played inter-association games which were all organized by the state body....sometimes the state body would select our players for national champs (both age group and open) therefore it was obviously counter-productive for the association to select gumbies in the rep side just because they played their club games in the right jersey.

It sounds like that philosophy doesn't affect RugbyWA and therefore the clubs are basically looking after themselves in a violent and lawless wasteland.

Would you agree Fulv?

If so, what would be the actions which restore confidence in the administrators?

C'mon the

vCash
    Gigs, do you really want to get me started?

Without laws, rules, police, and importantly, respect, and to a degree fear of consequences for bad behaviour, all societies fall apart.

The same applies to sub and micro societies, like a local Rugby competition, for example.

To run a rugby competition you need the rules of the game itself, the rules of the competition, the rules of acceptable conduct between clubs, the rules of acceptable behaviour between players and their clubs, the rules of acceptable spectator conduct, the rules for regulating the regulators of the competition, and the rules for dissent and the arbitration of dissent. And importantly you need a body to enforce all those rules dispassionately and impartially, and to be seen to be doing so.

I won't repeat here the diatribe of issues relating to nearly all these necessary processes which I have so frequently railed against on these forums.

Suffice to say that when competition rules are varied mid season at the whim of self appointed administrators, when some clubs are given preferential treatment, when staff and players paid for by the union are funnelled into preferred clubs exclusively, when clubs are permitted to steal players from each other with no consequences attached, when the rules that do exist are overturned to ensure one club receives an unfair advantage over another and the controlling body not only allows it to happen but facilitates and encourages this, where there is no appeal from Caesar except unto Caesar, you have anarchy.

With anarchy comes the instincts of self preservation, retaliation, bloody mindedness and ever increasing failure to recognise or even care about the rights, concerns or sensibilities of others.

And that is where we are today, survival of the fittest, superiority of the wealthy and well connected, and callous disregard for the weak.

Don't get me wrong, at the present time this system, or rather lack of it, is working well for the only club I care about. It is cashed up, has plundered what it needs locally and bought what it needs internationally in the way of players and staff, has fought off attempts to plunder its own, and by some miracle of endeavour or deviousness has secured some very useful Force contracted players to its fold.

We'll be there when it counts.

But at what cost? Why does it have to be like this? What has happened to decency, fairness, camaraderie, respect?

I will go to watch a match, and catch up with like minded friends of my youth, but I'll be buggered if I'll put my hands in my pocket any more than I have to, I won't any longer volunteer a minute of my (to me) precious time for anything, and I'll take every opportunity to express my disgust that things have been allowed to come to this sorry pass.

Finally I'll say this, a fish rots from the head, and when the head's rotten, you either put up with the stink, or discard it and concentrate on catching a new fish.

vCash
    I gues that's an affirmation of sorts.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    What a load of rubbish, any more conspiracy theories you would like to share.

Senior Player
    vCash
    It sounds like the local comp is following the same sorry path the Sydney comp went through. Only the damage is irreversable if its not nipped in the bud. Jobs for the boys by the sounds of it. And yet we still have some deadset quality players coming out of the quagmire. Imagine if the place was set up more equally.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Okay I've been flushed out. All and I mean all the Force boy's that have been associated with Wests have always gone above and beyond any request for assistance in regards to both on field and off field tasks.
    Undressing fields, cleaning changing rooms, filling water bottles etc these boy's are always in boots and all.
    Dwanye Nester is always available to come down and run drills[That's for whodunit]
    Plenty of people here get off on bagging Richard Graham but at least he would come down quite regularly and run through the latest systems and stick round for a beer and is a genuine good bugger.
    Foley and his assistants I have never seen at any club games anywhere, you guy's do know I hate him with a passion don't you.
    Talk about having your account hacked
    This must be hansie or hater looking fo a halo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast