Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new #10 in our own backyard

vCash
    UJ Seutini could be worth a look at - part of the Reds EPS but isn't a banana bender, just got poached to go there. Very young, but a good development prospect.

There are big wraps on him from Adelaide rugby sources.

0 Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    With of some of the views here, you would swear Australian rugby was flush with great depth, particularly in the 10 position. With 5 franchises, talent has been significantly diluted.

0 Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I reckon it will take at least 5 years to regain equilibrium. We were on the doorstep of it before the Rebels came in but that is long gone. Even then we will need more room for marquee players. Each squad needs at least two Super Rugby capable hookers and someone in development. We are only just able to cover that at the moment with the Brumbies looking a bit short after Moore. It will be harder to hold on to those players in the future too as only 2 of those 10 are likely to get ARU top ups.

0 Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    According to today’s West Australian the ARU (David Nucifora) knocked back a proposal for a 1 year deal and stated that the Force could only sign another international player on a minimum two year contract.

That must really be in the best interests of Australian Rugby!!???!!

0 Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    According to today’s West Australian the ARU (David Nucifora) knocked back a proposal for a 1 year deal and stated that the Force could only sign another international player on a minimum two year contract.

That must really be in the best interests of Australian Rugby!!???!!
    I just read the artical...what crap. The ARU (DAVID NUCIFORA) needs to pull their/his head of their/his arse.

0 Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Back a local

3rd graders from Sydney and Brisbane won't help

Sometimes you need to give them a crack, let them get rattled and shaken and see what falls out

0 Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Is there a premier grade player who could do the job? And do it well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Is there a premier grade player who could do the job? And do it well.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    very doubtful

0 Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Rookie
    vCash
    Who is currently playing fly half for Force A and perth gold, can we just take them? Isn't the idea of having them?

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wqerti View Post
    Who is currently playing fly half for Force A and perth gold, can we just take them? Isn't the idea of having them?
    The Force A 10 is Wes Roberts from Waneroo.

Dont know much about him though. He went alright when i watch them play the Aus Babars btu not sure how he would go at Super level.

0 Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    I think we should give Wes and Ben Seymore a chance, to be honest our chance is very slim to get anyone in the middle of the season anyway. We will be better off developing our own player and just hope for the best (remember Cooper needed to step up when Barnes went to Tahs)

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    very doubtful
    That's what I thought. I can see us borrowing someone from a Japanese club again
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Back a local

3rd graders from Sydney and Brisbane won't help

Sometimes you need to give them a crack, let them get rattled and shaken and see what falls out
    As usual Rex - so quick to criticise but never offer a well thought out option as an alternative.

Rex says - Lets sack the Coach, Dead Set - ok who do you want to replace him with???

Rex says - Back a local, Dead Set - ok name one - give us someone to look at

Here is a thought Rex - next time you feel the need to give us your thoughts - Breathe and then exhale and then follow the thought through to its conclusion and provide an answer to your question.

I would love to hear your opinion.

0 Not allowed!

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    we have Seymour & Godwin Developing

we need to recruit a high profile #10 this season,if none availlable throw one of the above in the deep end to supplement Chucky

0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast