Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will we win a game in 2012??

vCash
    Don't get too worried. The Rabble lifted enormously and the Reds were very, very flat (they were on a plane to Africa within hours ....so was their attitude), yet the Reds won with some ease.

I believe that a fully fit Force would do the business on the Rebels.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Rugby WA hired you as a spin doctor, Tic?

vCash
    I tell you what - you guys have an amazing rugby passion and dedication. It's fantastic and your team will thrive there.

Melbourne people cannot give two hoots about anything other than AFL - it's not a passion, it's a sickness. They couldn't care less if the Rabble survived or not.

I know wher I would put my money when backing the team with the the better long term chances.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks Tic. We need some positivity.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    I tell you what - you guys have an amazing rugby passion and dedication. It's fantastic and your team will thrive there.

Melbourne people cannot give two hoots about anything other than AFL - it's not a passion, it's a sickness. They couldn't care less if the Rabble survived or not.

I know wher I would put my money when backing the team with the the better long term chances.
    But Tic Melbourne is the "sporting capital of the world"

Thanks for your positive comments as I for one feel the Force can lift

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post

Not all Melbournians are one-eyed AFL supporters, some of us actually care about rugby surviving down here.

Besides if I have to go back to watching AFL, I may just have to stick needles in my eyes

vCash
    ill try elaborate on my comments earlier as some of you seem to have misunderstood me.

im not having a go at the guys criticising the game plan the coach or even some of the players its the... "if this keeps happening im changing my support to another team" crap that pisses me off.

of course every is entitled to an opinion but if you cant hack the heat get off TWF and go start up a forum for the Powder Blues or Rabble, we dont need you and your fair weather support here.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    ... we dont need you and your fair weather support here.
    *needed* - perhaps not, but everyone is welcome here

Force will win a few in 2012 - they just have to build on each game - sometimes it seems they either ignore all the negatives and possible lessons these bring from previous matches, and other times it seem they ignore all positives from previous matches.

They tried to play somne good rugby on the weekend, but got all tense when it didn't go to plan and fell apart. Ignore the score board - just get on with the game ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Champion
    vCash
    i want to know what they practise each week all we see is them lifting weights in their gym! Have we a backs coach I ask ????
    Gee com on Force.... 15000 there last week..... next game be interesting to see the numbers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    ill try elaborate on my comments earlier as some of you seem to have misunderstood me.

im not having a go at the guys criticising the game plan the coach or even some of the players its the... "if this keeps happening im changing my support to another team" crap that pisses me off.

of course every is entitled to an opinion but if you cant hack the heat get off TWF and go start up a forum for the Powder Blues or Rabble, we dont need you and your fair weather support here.
    How many fair weather supporters fly to NZ and SA to watch their team Zim?
    We have a go because we care! We want the club to succeed and not just make up the numbers.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ox View Post
    if I have to go back to watching AFL, I may just have to stick needles in my eyes
    Ouch!!

Surely moving to Perth would be much less painful. Pretty sure you'd find some "new" friends over here without too much trouble.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ox View Post
    Besides if I have to go back to watching AFL, I may just have to stick needles in my eyes
    My dad tried that when he was little (well it was actually wire, not needles!), didn't work out too well ... I guess that explains why he's a one eyed collingwood supporter though! ...

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Veteran
    vCash
    I'm getting to the point were i don't read peoples posts anymore... They are all pretty repetitive...

sack the coach.
    back line rubbish
    new ten
    new twelve
    more eleven
    new thirteen
    bad defense

all of this is written in a novel,

blah blah. Yes i know, and yet i am still going to melbourne to watch them, and i will be at every game i am in perth for (FIFO).

look to the improvements. they are getting better. they will not become a different side in a couple of weeks. but they are putting more together than in the start.

2c.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    look to the improvements. they are getting better. they will not become a different side in a couple of weeks. but they are putting more together than in the start.

2c.
    Spot on Palitu, we are making progress albeit slowly as confidence is low and playing stocks are solid without being spectacular, each week we will get better and I feel one performance will swing it all round.

Look at Perth Glory a few months back coach was nearly at the door now finals contenders.

Keep the faith, we will get their eventually.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    The Rebels were very good in their defensive systems and their techniqiue and physicality - they will not be easy on the road

Season defining mini trip, EWF need a win, some confidence and some conference points.

Even though the result was not good by any means there were still some signs of positivity

Forwards pretty good overall - Kieran Longbottom and Nathan Charles as good as any on the park

Their intent to attack was better but not their execution -

A simple precis of the match reveals that the EWF played too narrow and continually ran into defenders "T-Boning" whereas the "danes ran wide whnever it was "on" and put theit players into "space"

As part of the media team at NIB Stadium last Friday night there were a few rays of hope amongst the cloud of doom and gloom - however there needs to be a significant shift in mindset about their game plans and patterns of play. Far far too much static ball which gave the "canes " too much time to set their defensive screens and defensive lines.

Looking at the EWF roster we would be far better playinga wide based posesion game a la Blues, Highlanders, Brumbies, Blue Bulls - higher risk but potentially higher rewards and something for the EWF fans to latch on to.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast