Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ARU threatening disciplinary action against Matt Henjak

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Under rate Stannard at your peril. He is ruthlessly determined and focussed and is thoroughly professional in his approach to Rugby. He has skill, and none of the weaknesses and flaws of character of some of his team mates in the Force. He is no Jackass and won't let the Force down.

The man made second grade Queensland club rugby to Super 14 startup player in two seasons, given the opportunity, and is not going to let go of his chance for anything, let alone boozy Sunday night sessions.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by fulvio sammut; 12-02-08 at 21:20.

vCash
    I don't think anyone is questioning Chucky's talent Fulv...but there is a significant step up for him to get used to...no matter who you are, it takes time to get into the swing of things!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Fair enough Gigs20, but to talk about changing both the half back/five eight and five eight/inside centre combinations when only one change is needed, and the change player is more than competent, is rubbish,with respect, whether Mick Collis or anyone else says so.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Without knowing him at all, I was thinking exactly the same thing Fulv.
    What an ideal baptism of fire for Stannard.
    The opposition would totally underrate him being a rookie in every sense of the word at that level yet he has been around the Force Squad for three years now and would be very familiar with the team.
    As GIGS says, yes it is a huge step up, but he wouldn't be the first to play above himself (or perhaps what is perceived by others as above himself more accurately) at a higher level.
    Read through some of the "Top 100" type Rugby books and history is filled with meteoritic rises from the incumbent star failing to deliver for whatever reason.
    Let's not quite chuck the baby out with the bath water just yet crew!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I'd be a whole lot happier for it to happen next week rather than this week but!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yea of little faith, I'll set Skiz onto you

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I agree with Burgs about this being a great baptism of fire. Does anyone remember a younger Giteau who played his first Wallabies match without ever playing a super 14 (super 12 at the time) game before?? Stannard will go well, he played well in the trial match, seeing a space and scoring the try!

vCash
    Mmm i have to say i'm a massive Henjak fan and always have been but i don't think the team will fall apart without him. Stannard certainly has to step up but as said before i also think he is capable of doing so. He showed some impressive form in the ARC. As for Henjak not being in form i'd only ask you to look at the the last year to see his improvement. The ARC alone clearly demonstrated how integral he can be. The ARU are always going to spit chips over anything that happens in the west. Let them say their piece but in the end i have faith that management will be able to satisfactorily deal with both players once they get all the facts. In the meantime lets bring on some quality rugby.

vCash
    agreed, bring on the Rugby.
    I think the ARU are kicking up a stink because the problem is in the West and if Melbourne had won the chance to have the team there, this would not have had such a big deal made about it...it would have been passed off as a fledgling club just ironing out their issues and they need to learn how to sort such problems out, but its WA and everyone likes to have a whinge especially because its so far if they have to put in some effort and come over here!!
    Again I say Bring on the Rugby we need to let it to go or the media won't either...

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    The ARU should mind their own business. I have a feeling if this involved a NSW player the ARU wouldn't be pushing it so hard and would just be calling for a small fine. If the ARU is so worried about it then why not just suspend him for a couple test matches. I know that ARU has jurisdiction over the Force but I think they shouldn't get involved in internal team issues. If he had punched up a stranger in the bar then yeah the ARU might need to get involved. From everything I have read this was a disagreement between two players that led to a couple punches. I feel that the only reason this is such an issue is because Henjak's punch broke his teamates jaw.

vCash
    Let's wait and see who threw the first punch people!

I'm still not sure whether Henjak was acting in self defense

C'mon the

vCash

retaliator??

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Let's wait and see who threw the first punch people!

I'm still not sure whether Henjak was acting in self defense
    i use to coach my players to smile and walk away if they were punched.. otherwise i'd drag them..

anyway who started at 9 in the trail against QLD? was it stanard (or the other bloke who's name escapes me)? i thought they had a very strong game. esspecialy given the patchy performance of the tight 5. i'f they play and ahve another game like that , the force will be fine.. IMHO.

a.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    anyway who started at 9 in the trail against QLD? was it stanard (or the other bloke who's name escapes me)? i thought they had a very strong game.
    Stannard started and he did play well but playing South African teams in South Africa in the Super 14 is quite different from playing the Reds on home ground in a trial match. But you make a good point. Stannard is not completely useless...we will adapt

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    I hope Yak was not the sole instigator. But any more stalling tactics from managemant will point the other way. They need to conclude the matter ASAP.

I'm on side with Chucky starting if needed, rather than stalling matters till after the Sharks game. Anyone who is concluding the next 2 games will be easier is probably wrong. The Force backline looked well drilled and structured against The Reds so I'd conclude Stannard is on top of the plays. I'm pretty confidant he can handle the pressure.

I must admit though, that part of me is relishing the prospect of seeing a player who's come through the local ranks to ARC then starting 9 in the S14 season opener should it pan out that way.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    If only it had happened on the training field at Rugby Park....

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast