Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Wallabies team for Tokyo

vCash
    Not too sure about Rabbit at 12 right now robyn, I don't think he's got his confidence together at fullback and 12 puts a stack of pressure on him.

It's also a no-brainer that if Gits and Berrick are fit, they should play 12 and 10 respectively. JO'C would have to ride the pines for a while and wait for his chance.

!5 is a pretty good option for him to find his feet, unfortunately against the Blackness it apperas he only finds them once they're slipping in a puddle of his own shit!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frait train View Post
    Deans should stick with Burgess, he will be the best halfback in the world. Genia has a good pass, but does not have the flair that burgess brings to the game. Barnes is a natural playmaker, and should be at the point of distribution. Occonnor is good but as we saw against the All Blacks he cannot step it up as the last line of defence, play him at outside centre and see how he goes. Cooper in my opinion is the best outside back in the world, he is very much like matt Burke.

9-Burgess
    10-Barnes
    11-Digby Ioane
    12-Giteau
    13-James O' connor
    14-Hines
    15-Adam Ashley Cooper

P.S We need to toughen up in the forwards.
    Sorry, but this might just be the most preposterous post I've ever read on this site...

1- J'oC is a superb defender who rarely if EVER misses a tackle. And 2- Outside centre is the universally accepted as being the most difficult defensive position on the field!! If you think he's a suspect defender, why on earth would you play him there?!

vCash
    that was a disgusting game to watch, same players making the same stupid mistakes and decisions

They need to move Giteau to inside and put Cooper at 5/8 IMO, Giteau isnt making the backline fire, having AAC at 12 is a waste as he is much more valuable at 15. Actually even Beale or Toomua would play better at 5/8 then what Giteau is currently playing.

vCash
    Giteau did OK... there was no understanding or support of players running inside or outside him... Furthermore AAC played both 12 and 15 how much can a coach ask one player to do? Really he was covering others. And he still played well what a champ. Taking Palu off and playing Smith at 8 is a waste , Smith should have gone to 7 and Palu stayed on the field. Did Deans give up on the Wallabies and is keeping them for next week?

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

The Wallabies are playing with 14 and half men...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Would that half man be the one your were sooooo keen on signing for the Brums?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Pocock had twice the (positive) influence for the Wallabies than Palu (who I thought played ok) and deserved to play 80 minutes.

I found it a very frustrating match to watch, it was kind of 60/40 to me.
    60% of the time most of the players individually played very well, unfortunately 40% of the time most of the players individually played very shit.

There were obvious breakdowns in lines of communication which is inexcusable after a considerable build up together, I cannot believe that Deans trained the Squad for 100% of the time with #10 Gits, #12 Barnes with no variations.
    We continue to turn the ball over cheaply (e.g. Elsom, Palu, O'Connor) or give away stupid penalties (Mumm, Mumm...).
    The AB's had no offside line and earned about three yellows having deliberately ignored the "last warning".

Highlights to me were how far the scrum has come, most of AAC, Palu's return to some form (without being outstanding by any means), Hynes with some solid leg work, 60% of Digby and Genia unequivocally proving he is the best #9 in the country, what fantastic passing!

Lowlights being lineouts, JO'C (feel vindicated picking to start on the bench for the Force next year, generally poor...but definitely out of position too), by his standards Gits (there is no argument to get me to agree with him being at Flyhalf) and discipline. Probably skills too I guess.

We were found wanting against the best in the world, but if we can get a win against the Poms then I believe the Grand Slam is still a very real possibility.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I am wondering if Tony Woodcock will be pinged for hitting George Smith in the back of the head with an elbow and fists whilst Smith lay belly down exposed off his feet at a breakdown, that instigated the fight in the 80th minute! Well from what I seen Smith knows how to perform an uppercut or two!!!

These guys missed Sharpe the most and of course Barnes next and then Mortlock. positives from certain players (Genia, Digby, Pocock and AA Copper) but then looking at positives is always a losers game.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Thankfully Gits is playing for the Brumbies next year and not for the Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    From the ARU home page:

Who was your Wallabies Man of the Match against the All Blacks in Tokyo?
    Will Genia - 75.2%
    David Pocock - 10.9%
    Adam Ashley-Cooper - 10.9%
    Wycliff Palu - 2.0%
    Matt Giteau - 1.0%
    Total votes: 101

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    ^^ its changed now, looks like some act fans jumped on the voting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Giteau did OK... there was no understanding or support of players running inside or outside him... Furthermore AAC played both 12 and 15 how much can a coach ask one player to do? Really he was covering others. And he still played well what a champ. Taking Palu off and playing Smith at 8 is a waste , Smith should have gone to 7 and Palu stayed on the field. Did Deans give up on the Wallabies and is keeping them for next week?

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

The Wallabies are playing with 14 and half men...
    Hmm interesting, so what you're saying is everybody who isn't currently contracted to the Brumbies was the reason we lost that game?

I also detect a hint of 'the majority of the issue rests with the Force players.

I know you're fishing, but you're still full of shit!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I am wondering if Tony Woodcock will be pinged for hitting George Smith in the back of the head with an elbow and fists whilst Smith lay belly down exposed off his feet at a breakdown, that instigated the fight in the 80th minute! Well from what I seen Smith knows how to perform an uppercut or two!!!

These guys missed Sharpe the most and of course Barnes next and then Mortlock. positives from certain players (Genia, Digby, Pocock and AA Copper) but then looking at positives is always a losers game.
    Woodcock is out for one week along with Sivivatu for his tackle on AAC. Agree that Sharpe was badly missed in that game

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3