Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Zealand All Blacks outplay Wallabies to win 49-28 at Etihad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post

I thought in the second half, the Wallabies had the better game and gave a great account of themselves despite being a man down...
    Have to disagree..

Heaps of phase ball but no significant yardage. Sure, might show they can retain the ball but simply have little ability to convert..

In my opinion the backline was pretty much a dud for most of the game..even the second half..

And finally, I cannot believe the Wallabies, a very capable and professional side, is unable to successfully receive kickoffs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The problem with the restarts has been a problem since the england series.
    I guess the AB's noticed this and exploited it as an area to target.

The backline play was definitely poor, which imo highlights the importance of quade cooper. At times for the sake of retaining the ball we were just shovelling from one side to another without anyone really threatening the defensive line like quade does. Which in my opinion also biulds a case for a more direct runner like faingaa in place of barnes or the now vacated position of rob horne.
    probably go 10 barnes 12 gits and 13 faingaa or ashley cooper.
    gits had a great game against the boks with more room as 2nd receiver. he was suffocated against the AB's.
    With the possesion in the 2nd half with one man down and an inability to attack via one of the wings they were pretty much only left to resort to tighter play.

vCash
    ^^ yeah definetly, i thought after Giteau's performance against the Boks that Giteau should have remained at 12 and Barnes slotted into 10. Giteau was just starting to play well as a inside centre and he got moved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Stand near to or in front of the player he's intending to throw the ball to.

Or if your a spectator on the side line touch the ball.
    Actually, I thought if the ball was thrown into a defensive player inside the five it would have had the same result as slapping the ball down. Am I incorrect?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Have to disagree..

Heaps of phase ball but no significant yardage. Sure, might show they can retain the ball but simply have little ability to convert..

In my opinion the backline was pretty much a dud for most of the game..even the second half..
    remembering they were a man down... this creates all sorts of problems in attack as well as defence.. they no longer have an extra dummy runner on the inside or numbers out wide.. Where they did well was use their pack to keep the ball close and hold on to it...
    SA were unable to score tries with a full squad, the irish were blown away with 14 men.. credit where credit is due.. the Wallabies scored twice with 14 men and IMHO had a third from Pocock that was disallowed even though I could see the ball on the ground as could the commentary team.

They were always going to struggle in defence and the All blacks took advantage of that all too easily as evidenced by their last two tries.. simple numbers there... so we'll agree to disagree

Champion
    vCash
    If there has been a spear tackle ( yellow card offence) and neither ref nor assistant can identify the culprit then captain should go to the bin......otherwise go to the Video Ref.... Duh?

vCash
    the thing is the spear tackle i think youre talking about wasnt even a spear tackle.. the player was not lifted past the horizontal and was held on the way down as well.. it was a nothing tackle perfectly legal..

im not sure however of the rule around unknown offenders.. i think if the team has been warned and an offense has occurred then its the ref's discretion to bin the captain.. i dont think its hard & fast.. ecky.. maybe you can advise?

vCash
    you guys are talking about the whitelock tackle??
    it was a joke to even consider it being dangerous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3