Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nick Taylor reviews Western Force's 2008 season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Footy players are on pedestal. Like it or not. Their behaviour is judged on a higher level, like it or not.

They are like poor little lambikins who lost their luggage at the airport, all sooky and squishy. Like it or not.

Force finished worse than last year.

Tahs didn't Like it or not.
    the tah's didn't finished lower than last year because you can't sink much lower than second last. only one spot. its not hard to go up from 13th mate!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Where is the fun in that?

It might get us back to the thread

I for one have some considerable degree of belief that John Mitchell knows what he's doing and whilst he may be disappointed with the seasons outcome he has had his plans in place for next season for some considerable time.

Let's face it - he had the best record of ANY All Black coach and that's not a bad claim to fame. He just got bushwhacked in some semi-final or other ............

I bet Graham Henry wished he'd done as well. Not that I do. Of course

Our Force are well placed for a better result next season. Let's look to the future not the past - and whilst this year was supposed to be "the one" let's not confuse the media bullstuff back in January with reality. To finish with a 7-6 win record is not bad. Look at the teams below 8th position and consider how long some of them have been around.

Keep the faith !!!!!

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 19-05-08 at 20:30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    but I had a very large night on the rums so i could have been under the influence of the bear.
    That explains why Beaver is heading down the wrong path. You're a very bad influence on the young boy Ex!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    We may have dropped a position on the table form last year, but the Force *did* do better this year.

With only 6 home games this year (assuming they have an advantage) we won 7, lost 6.

In 2007 with 7 home games, we won only 6 and lost 6 (plus one draw)

We should have (would have, could have) done better, but it's an improvement, and so long as there is continued improvement I don't think we can complain tooo much. I got faith!

vCash
    Force finished worse than last year

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Chook go bash the force on the Powder puff blues fan boi club not here mate, constructive criticism will be far more appreciated than the "nah nah nah nah" you are spouting right now...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey Zim, if we dish out the nah nahs we should be able to take them!

Chook's enjoying his fifteen minutes of fame. It would be churlish to deny him something that comes along only once in a Tahs supporter's lifetime.

vCash
    Fulv speaks the truth. Listen to him.

Shame on you Zim, don't you know by now that i'm really not that serious? I am merely the mirror that illuminates the ridiculousness of reality.

I should work that 'constructive criticism will be appreciated' into a sig somehow...sort of like a public announcement for all and sundry on TWF. Any suggestions?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    the tah's didn't finished lower than last year because you can't sink much lower than second last. only one spot. its not hard to go up from 13th mate!
    Well, it WAS really last in my book. Considering who was below us.......

Sorry for double post, didnt read the thread thoroughly.

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    I gonna harp on it about it again - the HORROR DRAW. Only EWF had to break up their NZ trip at the worst possible time. Only EWF had to start the first three games on the road in SA. The EWF was one of only two teams not to get a bye until late in the season. The fact we got as far as we did is a major credit to the boys. Yes, I am bitterly disappointed in the fact we didn't make the semis. Yes I was gutted by the "lay down Sally" performances that killed our season.
    I am convinced that there is a major dearth of good scrum halves in the country. COY is just as good as any other 9, but we are still seeing the remnants of the Eddie Jones crap game plan. We built the Wobblies around the Brumbies - and it hurt the nation (in short - Gregan takes two steps, throws to Larkham who cuts out Gits - hmmm great plan). Now we might see some development - with EWF now pushing through the new 9s, I only hope that the rest of the franchises do something about it.

vCash
    Wrong place to post it Punka, no sympathy here apparently.

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    didn't think your draw was that bad really.. and you won those away games. for mine it was more your losses at home together with mishandling of local marsupials that led to your undoing

You guys have the advantage of never having to travel huge distances like the SA / Kiwi teams do. Starting in SA is a bonus as you can get over there with plenty of time to adjust and train - when you go mid-season you have to leave on Sunday and recover from jetlag by wednesday.

Also, there were good ponits to your draw in that you played joberg as your final week in SA, hence no need to fly internally there which can add several hours and their record on baggage handling is not great (twice to the Tahs, once to the baggy greens, once to my wife, many many more I'm sure).

This is very rough, but here's a guess of travel hours. I know someone will have a better go at this, but it's a start. Btw I don't count travel time to week 1 and coming back from a bye as any rush on these open deadlines is down to bad management.

0 Durban
    1 Bloemfontein
    1 Johannesburg
    12 Perth
    9 North Harbour
    1 Queenstown
    9 Perth
    0 Perth
    0 Perth
    3 Brisbane
    BYE
    0 Perth
    8 Wellington
    8 Perth

Total estimated travel time: 50 hours.

As for the late bye - week 11 in a 16 week competition, I remember the Crusaders thankful for a late bye a few years ago as it rejuvinated their players for the finals.

Last edited by Moses; 20-05-08 at 16:48.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkpapa View Post
    I gonna harp on it about it again - the HORROR DRAW. Only EWF had to break up their NZ trip at the worst possible time. Only EWF had to start the first three games on the road in SA. The EWF was one of only two teams not to get a bye until late in the season. The fact we got as far as we did is a major credit to the boys. Yes, I am bitterly disappointed in the fact we didn't make the semis. Yes I was gutted by the "lay down Sally" performances that killed our season.
    I am convinced that there is a major dearth of good scrum halves in the country. COY is just as good as any other 9, but we are still seeing the remnants of the Eddie Jones crap game plan. We built the Wobblies around the Brumbies - and it hurt the nation (in short - Gregan takes two steps, throws to Larkham who cuts out Gits - hmmm great plan). Now we might see some development - with EWF now pushing through the new 9s, I only hope that the rest of the franchises do something about it.

Only the tahs had a bad draw and had bad weather and had a shitty team so you are not allowed to be complaining Punkpapa

vCash
    thanks for quoting me in your signature there chook no matter how out of context, wasn't expecting that but youse did finish second on the log. well done

i think ive been CHAMPUNISHED .......... ouch!!!

vCash
    NTP, champunisher is a good thing. You are a champunisher. And provider of much internet entertainment. Which is what we are here for.

Sorry about misquoting you but the opening was there and I took it. Hope you understand.

Gigsa made me do it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast