Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The game's almost up for Firepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Good point KQ, don't want to turn into politicians. Just when I hear the 'we fund your state' bollocks, well..

Anyways, to the rugby.. can't wait to get over the Christchurch and get some fush n chups
    At least the Fuch & CHups will be cheap in NZ that they are here. Don't for get to take your woollies ( or pick up a sheep over there), my gran says it's bloody cold there at the moment. Could even go sking at Porters Pass if you are there long enough.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seldom View Post
    At least the Fuch & CHups will be cheaper in NZ than they are here. Don't for get to take your woollies ( or pick up a sheep over there), my gran says it's bloody cold there at the moment. Could even go skiing at Porters Pass if you are there long enough.

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    Hey WJ, when the Tahs get humiliated can you come on this forum and let out all your dissappointment, I'd like a vial of your tears as well to cherish.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    What's the go with the second post Seldom, the memories that good or you stoned and thought someone else wrote it?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Firstly, what makes you think that this will encourage Gits to leave? Did you miss the part of the article which said...and i quote "if the Firepower money was not paid it 'would have a significant effect on the financial bottom line of the franchise but would not cause major distress'". Firepower is hardly the only sponsor throwing money at the Force. Have you forgotten that our sponsorship includes corporate powers such as emirates, ISC, MCF, Tooheys New, Vodafone, Woordside, Thrifty, Integrated Group etc. just to name a few. Not to mention that RugbyWA have been in negotiations to secure further sponsorship since the beginning of the season. I can assure you that given the current economic boom in WA (which i might add is funding your state right now) there is no shortage of corporate sponsors willing to throw money at the Force. Players will not leave for fear that WA cannot provide nice salary tops up, even if that is there prime interest.

Secondly, from a legal perspective, if Firepower are as doomed as the SMH are trying to make out, then in a worse case scenario where Firepower are forced to liquidate, secured contracts to third parties will be the first to be paid out. We can't predict the exact financial position of Firepower but it would be safe to assume that the Force would be in a reasonable position to lay claim on any funds available. If not, the slack is picked up elsewhere. If Gits and Sheps and Stanners etc were that worried about these payments those that have resigned would not have, and in Gits' case he would have walked out last season given how long SMH claims this has been going on for.

Make up your mind WJ. How can you say in one breath that your willing to give us kurtley in return for Gits, and then claim that if Gits did play for the Tahs he'd be on the bench? On this it would seem that you are arguing that you are prepared to give us someone you believe is an A grade player in favour of taking someone you believe is a B grade player. If that's your intention then suits me fine....it is nice to know you've finally recognised that the Force is a better team than the Tahs and consequently far more appealing for elite players...

If Firepower goes to the wall,The Govt(tax dept)would have first dibs surely,closely followed by the banks?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

RugbyWA Statement on Firepower Third Party Player Payments

RugbyWA Chief Executive Greg Harris has issued the following statement on issues relating to Firepower Global.

“There have been speculative news reports in the Sydney Morning Herald and the West Australian this week relating to late payments to Emirates Western Force players by Firepower Global,” said Harris.

“We are currently working through some critical issues with a small group of players who have third party arrangements with the company.”

Harris said RugbyWA was unable to speculate on the amount of monies owed to its players.

“These arrangements were made separate to the players’ RugbyWA and ARU contracts and we are not in a position to comment on any amounts owed to the players. It is standard policy not to discuss any financial arrangements in player contracts.”

“The players have made us aware of the issues and as a responsible employer we will do everything we can to achieve the best possible outcome for those whose third-party arrangements are under duress.”

Harris confirmed that RugbyWA on behalf of a small group of players had been seeking alternative arrangements with various supporters to offset shortfalls in third party player arrangements.

He said the retention of star Wallabies back Matt Giteau beyond 2009 remained top priority for the WA side, despite speculation the 25 year old was reconsidering his position with the club.

“As far as we’re concerned Matt is contracted to the Western Force until the end of the 2009 season and we are hopeful that he will remain with the club for the 2010 and 2011 seasons,” said Harris.

“That said it is our number one priority to ensure that we retain the likes of Matt and other senior players on our list.”

“It is my understanding that a very attractive offer has been made to Matt and his management to assist in extending his contract with the Emirates Western Force beyond 2009.”

RugbyWA will make no further comment on the issue at this stage.

Matt Giteau has declined to comment on his personal situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    If Firepower goes to the wall,The Govt(tax dept)would have first dibs surely,closely followed by the banks?

Thats not a major distress though, apparently.

Last edited by Jehna; 28-05-08 at 15:31.
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    RugbyWA Chief Executive Greg Harris has issued the following statement on issues relating to Firepower Global.

I don't know.... A person could take a very pessimistic view of that statement if one choose too. I hope there are not any rich French rugby club owners sniffing around Perth...

Last edited by Jehna; 28-05-08 at 15:32.
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Champion
    vCash
    St George will have enough money after there merger, and they want to expand to WA.. there's will be some loose change out of 19Billion they can give the force to pay for there players and possibly a rectangular stadium

vCash
    You guys don't have Westpac already? Can't see St George expanding after the merger, if anything they'll consolidate into Westpac.

and win or lose there'll be no embarrassment on our part. To misquote Samuel Butler, It's better to play and lose than to never play at all.

vCash
    I'm quite sure we'll have other companies more than willing to step up if Firepower goes out. ET Mining, Argonaut, Kwik Transport, Emirates, Woodside, just to name a few.

I think you should be concentrating on the stupidity of the Tahs Board members for sacking Ewen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You guys don't have Westpac already? Can't see St George expanding after the merger, if anything they'll consolidate into Westpac.
    Yes we do...I'm with them in fact...

vCash
    i dont get upset with my team unless they dont give me a car!
    were in the grand final and im allowed to be as excited as i want about it! if we get flogged we get flogged if we just lose we just lose, if we win we win, were in the game and thats all that matters, either way, win or lose there will be tears cos i love and feel for the team i love and there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Hmmm, problems....

Last edited by Jehna; 28-05-08 at 15:32.
    Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    I don't know.... A person could take a very pessimistic view of that statement if one choose too. I hope there are not any rich French rugby club owners sniffing around Perth...

my thoughts exactly Chook - however Gitts is contracted to the ARU until 2011.

Firepower is supposed to have made up half of Gitts 1.5 million incentive package to come to Perth - also affected are Drew Mitchell, Ryan Cross and Sheps

Last edited by Jehna; 28-05-08 at 15:33.
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast