Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Warnbro Electorate

vCash
    we should have shasta!

thanks for your reply Shane.
    i'm sure i am not alone when i say its appreciated to recieve a legitimate responce from a politician.
    What possible hope do rugby fans under Labor have to realise their dreams of a decent rectangular stadium they can call home?
    none i believe, and i am sure i am not alone in believing that. Which is why We Need Corners - A Rectangular Stadium For Perth! was organised with the pourpose of presenting a petition to the parliment of western australia showing just how much support there was for the stadium we were promised by the current government.

i like shasta eagerly await the stadium policy from Mr Barnett, as this will be one of the factors i take into account when i enter the polling booth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bump.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Well, it appears I've been spending far too much time having a life.

Thanks for your reply Shane, I don't see Lark Hill as an option for S14 games though, but the Wallaroos would be happy to take the bar receipts if that were to happen (full strength beer and spirits at rugby club prices.....that's how you cater a rugby game)

Seriously. I know there are voters in the Warnbro electorate, and I know I would be delighted to be able to publicly state the support of WNC for SOMEBODY'S sport and rec policy because it includes a statement on a dedicated rectangular stadium. C'mon Shane, it's between you and the Family First guy, does your party stand for having a dedicated rectangular stadium suitable to the needs of Rugby Union, Rugby League and Association Football at the international level or not?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Are they going to make a big official announcement?

Because at this stage its just here and a small section in Sunday Times that knows?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Their big chance was at the Grand Final day last Sunday...

vCash
    odds are if you vote for a minor party your vote will eventually end up with a major party. (good old preferential voting)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Gerry, all you'll get from the pollies on either side on this issue is fairy floss. Ear candy spun with a lot of hot air..

The reality is people vote for issues that affect their lives, their children, their assets, their income, their pensions, not their sometime recreation.

They vote on issues like Workchoices, trains, education, health, police, climate change.

They vote the way they do for ingrained idealogical reasons. Because their parents voted that way. Because thet are left wing or right wing.

Because they think Barnett is a bland, uninspiring lump. Because they think Carpenter is an arrogant smartarse.

Because they believe themselves upper class. Because they believe in the solidarity of the union comrades.

And the politicians know this.

They have to feed the masses with what the majority of those likely to vote for them want to eat. They don't waste their time on pandering to the appetites of insignificant niche groups who individually carry little or no substance in the overall scheme of things.

If you don't provide them cash (the uranium lobby) or votes ( pensioners on free transport) you don't count.

No aspiring hopeful with his eyes and dreams on a sinicure and a retirement on the public teat is going to tell you to bugger off exactly, but neither is he going to make a commitment to you that he has no interest in, or can avoid being obliged to meet.

Mes enfants, the only way we are going to get the stadium we want is to fund it ourselves, or make it commercially attractive to an entrepeneur.

Otherwise, resign yourselves to an Aussie Rules ground with a few strands of retractable plastic seating on the inner perimeter as a token, mocking sop to your impertinence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Mes enfants, the only way we are going to get the stadium we want is to fund it ourselves, or make it commercially attractive to an entrepeneur.
    Are you chiselhead?

Most of what you say is right Fulvio. No offense meant, but I'm pretty sure most of us don't need to be told, at least the ones who are way past being enfants. But small interest groups can get the pollies interested if they can smell a few votes in marginal seats. they do it all the time. If nothing else they can raise the profile of their cause. Personally I've been resigned to the Kitchener Park project since day one. But I had hoped to see the MES upgrade get another look as a stop gap. That's all.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep chiselhead, thats me. Sorry if I sounded condescending, didn't mean to. It's a professional trait, common to most chiselheads.

But I think the accuracy of my assessment is adequately borne out by the quantity and quality of the responses we received from the politicians and wannabe politicians.

One response, maybe two?

But all due respect to mr Bathgate, both for responding, and in at least endeavouring to get some meaningful commitment from his party.

Apprentice
    vCash

Make your vote count

At the state election you have an opportunity to exercise your democratic right and influence the direction of Western Australia. Noble words perhaps but as an individual the vote which you cast is significant and can have a direct effect on the issues which are important to you.

At the recent election in the Northern Territory the balance of power was determined by less than a hundred voters. In a number of key marginal seats here in Western Australia the outcome may be decided by a very similar margin. Your vote matters and as an individual you have the ability to influence the decision making process.

I agree with Fulvio Sammut that other issues such as health, transport and public order have grabbed the attention of the media becuase they are important to the wider community. However, I would not subscribe to the view that you, both as an individual and the supporters of the Western Force as a whole, cannot influence the State Government regardless of who wins on Saturday. If at first you do not succeed then I urge you to keep speaking up and speaking out because the more you do the more those in power will be obliged to take notice.

One the reasons why I am standing for the electorate of Warnbro is the self-belief that an individual can make a difference. As an organised political lobby the Western Force Supporters have a voice which can speak louder than words - your vote, your choice.

Why not fly the flag on Saturday and seek out your local candidates at the polling booth?

Regards,

Shane Bathgate
    Liberal Candidate for Warnbro
    Mob: 0412 012 811

vCash
    i am seriously concidering paying a fine as opposed to voting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    wow jono, how heroic of you..................

vCash
    meh. i would rather pay a fine than support someone who i dont think will govern the state properly

vCash
    Communist.

vCash
    meh. i would rather pay a fine than support someone who i dont think will govern the state properly
    Then just go down and fill out the ballot paper incorrectly.

Apart from that congratulations on taking a stand on something that no one cares about.

Or further more, for taking for granted a system that people in some places would die for. Sure the system isnt the best but its democracy. Maybe you would like to move to Zimbabwe?

You dont vote, you don't get to complain. You put up and shut up
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jargan83; 02-09-08 at 20:43.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast