Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rugby Heaven team of the week

vCash
    IMHO the fantasy stats are telling us something about the team as much as the individual players.

The players scoring highest on the fantasy teams are on the worst teams - for instance Brownie and Pocock are having to do way too many tackles etc.. as they are getting no support - therefore no Brownie tries yet this year.

The Force backs are getting no stats because they are getting no ball.
    Digby is having a stellar season for the Reds - if he was on a better team would he really make as many runs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Cross was brilliant defensively and Haig Sare had great energy and seemed to be involved in everything in the first half.
    Pocock and Brown were again brilliant and Ben Castle seemed to do very well
    MoM for me was Haig.

vCash
    i really didnt think Haig played that well, i thought he was average, Cummins on the other hand played very well

vCash
    How come they pick Digby again @ #14 when he played outside centre for the Reds (although he was wearing a #14 jersey as the Reds have the players names printed on them)?

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    I must have been suffering from jet lag and impaired vision, because I didn't think that Haig was that good.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    I must have been suffering from jet lag and impaired vision, because I didn't think that Haig was that good.
    maybe mildly improved but still needs to do a lot better. At least thats what the beer goggles told me.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Actually, I thought he played well. Noted that both he and Cross were much more involved in the kick chase, and recovered some excellent ball.

vCash
    RUGBY 365
    Team of the Week: Round Two

15 - Zane Kirchner (Bulls):
    He is coming into his own now that he is gaining getting more experience of Super Rugby. He may not be there just yet, but if he keeps developing Kirchner could challenge for a place in the Bok team in the future.

14 - Rene Ranger (Blues):
    He have sullied his performance with that high/late tackle. But he remains a class act.

13 - Casey Laulala (Crusaders):
    We received a blasting from the readers when he didn't make it last week and as if to prove us wrong, he produced another stunning performance.

12 - Stirling Mortlock (Brumbies):
    As his name says, he is pure Stirling.

11 - Sitiveni Sivivatu (Chiefs):
    His team may not have come away with the win, but he can't be faulted for his effort in a losing cause.

10 - Morne Steyn (Bulls):
    He has really come into his own and matured as a flyhalf this year. The way he controls the game allows those beefy forwards to get the momentum that makes them such a fearsome force.

9 - Rory Kockott (Sharks):
    He was the spark that saw the Sharks come from behind to post a comprehensive win.

8 - Pierre Spies (Bulls):
    So athletic and so powerful. A class act.

7 - George Smith (Brumbies):
    Still one of the world's premier openside flanks and a mainstay for the Brumbies.

6 - Duane Vermeulen (Stormers):
    Last week he was a star at No.8, this week he reproduced that form at flank. He is going to be crucial to the Stormers' cause this year.

5 - Nathan Sharpe (Western Force):
    He is the rock in a Force pack that is not endowed with too may World Class players. Sharpe is a key element in the plans of Perth-based team - as leader and player.

4 - Bakkies Botha (Bulls):
    If they didn't know about it before, the Blues will now know why he is the enforcer at both Super Rugby and International level.

3 - Neemia Tialata (Hurricanes):
    There seems to be a shortage of really good tighthead props, but Tialata is one of the few that puts his hand up every week.

2 - Stephen Moore (Brumbies):
    There seems to be a vast improvement in the forward play of the Australian teams and Moore is one of the players who has stepped up.

1 - Heinke van der Merwe (Lions):
    He is sending a very loud message to the Springbok selectors - not just about his awesome scrumming power, but also his general play.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdevil View Post
    RUGBY 365
    Team of the Week: Round Two

5 - Nathan Sharpe (Western Force):
    He is the rock in a Force pack that is not endowed with too may World Class players. Sharpe is a key element in the plans of Perth-based team - as leader and player.
    If they are referring to the tight five fair enough but if they are referring to the forward pack I m sorry but who are Pocock and Brown chop liver (biased opinion of loose forwards)????

Not too many super 14 teams are overly endowed with world class players most are dispersed through out the provincial teams.

vCash
    Sharpe, are they serious? honestly i thought that was one of his worst games in a long time, all he did was float around in the backline

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Sharpe, are they serious? honestly i thought that was one of his worst games in a long time, all he did was float around in the backline
    I didn't think he was that great. Lost a lot of line-out ball and that double penalty would've ended much worse against a better team.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3