Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Elsom snubs ARU

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    western Force sponsorship issues...
    He didn't have any Western Force sponsorship issues. He had Firepower sponsorship issues. You can't claim that they are the same thing and if you want to try consider that if there was a link between the two Giteau would've known about it and if he had known about it, it would be his mistake to make.

Fact is Rocky was released from an ARU contract because it was going to run out at the end of the year and the ARU needed to keep him happy and to make sure he comes back before RWC 2011.

Matt Giteau wasn't released from either the ARU contract he had or the Force contract he had. He was already locked in until to 2011 so they don't need to keep him happy. And after that I don't think the ARU will really care that much about what he does because there'll be new Matt Giteaus like James O'Connor or any one of the numerous young 10s running around. Although I'll bet he'll stay for the Lions tour (once in a lifetime opportunity).

You make it sound, Muddy, like Western Australia/The Force owe Matt Giteau something. What is it I wonder?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    He didn't have any Western Force sponsorship issues. He had Firepower sponsorship issues. You can't claim that they are the same thing and if you want to try consider that if there was a link between the two Giteau would've known about it and if he had known about it, it would be his mistake to make.

Fact is Rocky was released from an ARU contract because it was going to run out at the end of the year and the ARU needed to keep him happy and to make sure he comes back before RWC 2011.

Matt Giteau wasn't released from either the ARU contract he had or the Force contract he had. He was already locked in until to 2011 so they don't need to keep him happy. And after that I don't think the ARU will really care that much about what he does because there'll be new Matt Giteaus like James O'Connor or any one of the numerous young 10s running around. Although I'll bet he'll stay for the Lions tour (once in a lifetime opportunity).

You make it sound, Muddy, like Western Australia/The Force owe Matt Giteau something. What is it I wonder?
    The Same James switch on...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The Same James switch on...
    A lazy response. I expected better. I don't know why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    A lazy response. I expected better. I don't know why.
    Its not worth more...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Yes he does, he owes us untill the end of the Super 14 like a true professional. Then he can go back to the big fish in small pond that is Canberra and his mummy

The future? Hardly. The only reason the NH is such a big lure is cash. If the amount of Rugby that is played comes into it SANZAR are attempting to address that, hopefully those saffers will see the light.

Your more then welcome to Willie Mason, the Roosters are trying to cut him out of the last couple of years of his contract, if the NH clubs come knocking they will let him go with a smile on their face

Does it irritate the IRB, which pretty much looks after the NH, that the 3 Southern Nations are always on top, and always will be on top?
    It's all about the NH mate.

I don't want Mason he would have no position on a union field to fill.

Probably sticks in the back of their mind a bit.

But 3 nations? NZ, SA and whose the third

vCash
    this could very well just be rocky playing hard ball with the ARU so he gets the best possible deal for himself

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Its not worth more...
    Coming from the Mudskipper we know, who has a perpetual case of verbal diarrhoea, remaining silent on a 'Giteau Issue' is an admission of defeat. It's ok to lose Mudskipper. It's something you can have in common with your precious Brumbies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3