Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Brumbies urge James O'Connor to see move as long-term investment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Why do I need to think about that?
    Unless you are James O'Connor, you don't.
    I see you are Mr Current Affairs though, and as sharp as a blade to boot

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Spoke to James last night, I have heard rather confident murmurs that he is going to stay at the force, or not sign with the Brumbies, so I asked him about it and he said yes, he is most probably going to stay at the force.

I squealed a little and gave him a thank-you hug. Forgot the camera guy was trailing him.

I don't see how the Brumbies would develop him any time other than training. They can't play Giteau, Lea-la-la, Tooma, Smith and James at the same time. It's just not possible! Someone will miss out and I wouldn't like to think it could be James

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Spoke to James last night, I have heard rather confident murmurs that he is going to stay at the force, or not sign with the Brumbies, so I asked him about it and he said yes, he is most probably going to stay at the force.

I squealed a little and gave him a thank-you hug. Forgot the camera guy was trailing him.
    Well at least you got a hug Robyn... He's hardly going to announce it to you at last nights farewell match with all the media hovering.... But then maybe he wants to stay and fight on... either way good luck to him; it’s his career... A big decision for a young guy to make...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Well at least you got a hug Robyn... He's hardly going to announce it to you at last nights farewell match with all the media hovering.... But then maybe he wants to stay and fight on... either way good luck to him; it’s his career... A big decision for a young guy to make...
    Muddy - don't take it away from me. He told me he is most likely going to stay I think he will stay. My sauces and James told me so. It's hardly a battle he's entering, it's a team he's a part of not a fight against the evil that is RWA.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    No you misunderstand… I'm saying fight as in fight on for his team not rebel against the administration... If he's happy to stay that's fine with me. I’d like to see him grow as a player and in become world-class player… The Force is all he knows he maybe more comfortable staying and not challenge himself starting with a fresh province…

It sounds like the ARU would rather him stay to strengthen the Force with all the recent departures...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Talk about back handed compliments.

vCash
    No you misunderstand… I'm saying fight as in fight on for his team not rebel against the administration... If he's happy to stay that's fine with me. I’d like to see him grow as a player and in become world-class player… The Force is all he knows he maybe more comfortable staying and not challenge himself starting with a fresh province…

It sounds like the ARU would rather him stay to strengthen the Force with all the recent departures...
    Whoops, sorry I think the ARU see that the Brumbies have plenty of depth in their inside backs, which they do and that the force backline is loosing a great deal of talent in Giteau, Spanner, Drew, etc. I think he will stay, myself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rahrahgirl View Post
    actually i said giteau moved to the force to play 10 cos he was behind larkham at the brumbies, he always wanted to play ten and signed with another team to do so, he had studied ten and played there when larkham was injured a few times. him being moved intot he position that was always his long term goal was a "developmenT" but the argument presented above was that the force developed him more than the brumbies did, which cannot be justified.

i want all four teams to do well but being blind to the fact that in buying giteau the force brought success doesnt help. i just hope the force board sees what has happened and finds players that are loyal and will stick by the jersey rather than cut and run at the end of every contract so we can build a team over 5 years or so than have to support new players every two years!
    Actually Gerry is right. Giteau never wanted to play 10. He really didn't like it He preferred 12 because it gave him more room to move. Even now that he's far more comfortable with 10 they're probably on par...different roles...as much as he likes being the play maker he also likes to run and take the opportunities. Unfortunately though without Larkham around any more, someone else had to step into his shoes and that had to be Gits

Also in Robyn's defence I was standing there when O'Connor told her he was most likely staying, and whilst I respect your point muddie, he was in a position where he didn't have to say anything in response to her question....it was slightly chaotic and no answer would have been entirely understandable...but he said he was most likely going to stay, just sorting a few things out.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Come on ladies...you are ruining Muddys dreams here..

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    Unless you are James O'Connor, you don't.
    I see you are Mr Current Affairs though, and as sharp as a blade to boot
    Yeah sorry. I was fairly drunk when I wrote that and now realise the stupidity. I'm not used to people referring to JOC as James. Haha.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Come on ladies...you are ruining Muddys dreams here..
    Not really, Muddy will keep posting how JOC is going to sign with the Brumbies and develop his game better in Canberra....bullshit...bullshit even if he re-signs, he'll just change the dates and say it's going to happen next contract.

A mudskipper doesn't change his spots....

C'mon the

vCash
    Ya think so, Brett?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    "We are encouraging him to take a long-term view. His earning potential will be maximised by continuing to develop as a rugby player. We think he can do that best here." Andrew Fagan

Maybe it is just me, but anyone else find it amusing that they are touting player development to tempt JO'C, whilst dumping scrumhalfs and twarting young flyhalves to accommodate the Force combination? Maybe their cracking good development program just wasn't up to replacing Gerrard either..?

vCash
    Valentine got a better offer boys get over it.... He is standing in the Perth departure lounge as we speak with the others... and Josh Holmes went back to his home town Sydney... It’s a shame about James Stannard but he was signed late but at least he got to be a part of a great club… That gave him some respect... I hope he does well in the Currie cup...

I'm touched Gerrard decided to leave to make way for JOC... How’s that for club loyalty...

vCash
    Valentine got a better offer boys get over it....
    And Peter O'Meara got the ass get over it!

C'mon the

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast