Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ARU expansion promise: Victorians told they were next

vCash
    Just a small... question here... Can the ARU legally restrict a province from signing players if they do it within the ARU guidelines... Can the ARU make enough restrictions to still be fair to the new province... Additionally how does the current player contract spell out their terms of moving from one contract to another... there could be a little bit of the Sonny bill Williams in this one about restriction of trade... which is not legal...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Don't want to resurrect a tete a tete from another thread Muddy, but that's exactly what they did with O'Meara and the player contract indiscretions in the 'Wild Wild West years.......but moving on, you're correct, what the ARU need to do before this franchise is licensed is make sure the protocols are all smick, and watertight, make sure that all the loopholes are loopholes they're happy with and (IMHO) apply the policy across the board, enabling all provinces a clear guideline of the legal and appropriate recruitment process.

I'm a big fan of getting the rules right and letting everybody do whatever is within the rules.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    In terms of the Private Equity issue for the VRU. They are addressing that. They have started high level talks with a raft of corporate interests.

vCash
    I hear Telstra might have a lazy $12million worth of corporate sponsorship to throw around if they go through & renig on their deal with the NRL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Don't want to resurrect a tete a tete from another thread Muddy, but that's exactly what they did with O'Meara and the player contract indiscretions in the 'Wild Wild West years.......but moving on, you're correct, what the ARU need to do before this franchise is licensed is make sure the protocols are all smick, and watertight, make sure that all the loopholes are loopholes they're happy with and (IMHO) apply the policy across the board, enabling all provinces a clear guideline of the legal and appropriate recruitment process.

I'm a big fan of getting the rules right and letting everybody do whatever is within the rules.
    My point isn't about the past Force deals. Currents player contracts likely talk about terms in which they finish and move onto another... These contracts likely have clauses in them, which complicate new ARU contract guidelines... Similar loopholes the Force got away with in the past...

I'm just expecting a new province will pick up some Brumbies... and I'm happy as long as they do the right thing by the players and ensure all contracts commitments are honoured...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    what a load of crap, quit with the slander campaign already
    Where the hell did that come from?

What slander campaign? It was an observation about the structure that the ARU seeks for the 5th franchise.

I've really noticed your posts deteriorate here in recent months TOCC. You seem to be getting very angry. Maybe its because the Reds have had yet another crap year. If so, maybe you need to support another team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Maybe its because the Reds have had yet another crap year. If so, maybe you need to support another team.
    Gold Coast Pacific Islanders in 2011?

I think TOCC's got a fair reason to be pissed at the Reds (if he is anyway) QLD's a proud Union state and nothing to be proud of has come out of it this year.

vCash
    Maybe. Here's something to chew on. The Premier Grade Rugby comp in Melbourne has 9 teams. The Grade Comp on the Gold Coast has 11 clubs, plus the Breakers who play in the Brisbane Premier Comp. The Northern NSW region which borders the Gold Coast also has a good rugby base.

In saying all that, I still think the 5th team (for the near future) is a mistake.

vCash
    Maybe. Here's something to chew on. The Premier Grade Rugby comp in Melbourne has 9 teams. The Grade Comp on the Gold Coast has 11 clubs, plus the Breakers who play in the Brisbane Premier Comp. The Northern NSW region which borders the Gold Coast also has a good rugby base.

In saying all that, I still think the 5th team (for the near future) is a mistake.
    If not in 2011 it will happen Tic,,,

vCash
    Slow news night at your place tonight Muddy?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Bork Bork Bork!

vCash
    Where the hell did that come from?

What slander campaign? It was an observation about the structure that the ARU seeks for the 5th franchise.

I've really noticed your posts deteriorate here in recent months TOCC. You seem to be getting very angry. Maybe its because the Reds have had yet another crap year. If so, maybe you need to support another team.
    excuse me for looking at the greater picture rather then personal goals, it doesnt take a genius to realise the addition of a another franchise in australia would boost the exposure of the game, but you seem so paranoid about protecting the reds you cant see the benefits of it.

As for the comments about the structure of the 5th franchise, your making illinformed comments about the VRU.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Bork Bork Bork!

Is Bork Bork Bork by any chance the noise a troll makes?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    excuse me for looking at the greater picture rather then personal goals, it doesnt take a genius to realise the addition of a another franchise in australia would boost the exposure of the game, but you seem so paranoid about protecting the reds you cant see the benefits of it.

As for the comments about the structure of the 5th franchise, your making illinformed comments about the VRU.

The VRU have publicly stated that they don't support the private ownership model and that they believe that there is existing available player stock within Australia. This is, of course, complete bunkum. They are also on the record saying that they don't want a transplanted team in their town.

Only in recent days, against the backdrop of the ARU insisting that there will be an element of private ownership, has there been any public statement by the VRU that they are attempting to source private equity interest.

TOCC please debate the point rather than belittling others who have a different opinion. I'm not an idiot, like you infer.

vCash
    [/I][/B]

The VRU have publicly stated that they don't support the private ownership model and that they believe that there is existing available player stock within Australia. This is, of course, complete bunkum. They are also on the record saying that they don't want a transplanted team in their town.

Only in recent days, against the backdrop of the ARU insisting that there will be an element of private ownership, has there been any public statement by the VRU that they are attempting to source private equity interest.

TOCC please debate the point rather than belittling others who have a different opinion. I'm not an idiot, like you infer.
    stop been such a sook, i never called or infer'd you were a idiot, as for debating the topic, well i find that amusing coming from you TIC, you have a dirty habit of actually tiptoeing around the topic in a 'debate'.

The private ownership model is only a by-product of the current GFC, its not a necessity depending on the factors, the biggest factor for a private ownership model is the start-up capital, which is what the ARU are trying to avoid. Any province would preferably avoid it because it means a loss in control.

As for having "a transplanted team", well what does that even have to do with the debate? A transplanted team would be like moving the Brumbies to Melbourne.

Also i agree with the VRU, that it is possible to build a new team out of Australian players, when the players from overseas are factored in, as well as poaching some NRL players and a few players from each province then they could be competitive without decimating the other franchises.

However, it would be the preference of the remaining provinces that they lose none of there players hence why foreign players is a consideration.

Im interested TIC, can you actually show me where the VRU have "publicy stated" these things and gone on "record" with them?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast