Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Giteau loses to Scotland single-handed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Giteau loses to Scotland single-handed...
    perhaps... However he has single-handed won more tests than he has lost...
    Not this week he's not.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Giteau loses to Scotland single-handed...
    perhaps... However he has single-handed won more tests than he has lost...
    Please, O Sage, could you bless us rude plebians with the detail to support your wise words. Giteau has been rubbish ever since he pulled on the #10 jersey.....sure it took opposition defences 12 months to work him out, but he certainly didn't have enough impact in that 9 months to make up for the last three years!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    O Sage
    Stop swearing, it's a family site...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I was wondering if I'd get shit for that one! I thought it was long enough for the majority of people to have forgotten.

C'mon the

vCash
    The problem is Gits who is a quality player has started to drop in form because he's playing with players who are crap.

There is a crisis of talent in the current squad. The wallabies have had a good run over the years but currently the team is lacking talent.

For a team to be good you need the whole team to be good. Even the less talented will lift around them. It works the other way and quality players start to play badly when around lesser talented players.

I look at the tight five and think is this the best Australia can produce?

An excess of talented flankers, no dramas there.

Genia will be good in time and Gits is a quality and world level talent.

AND then the backs, or lack there of them. AAC is very good but that is it. None of the other backs would get a game in the AB's or Boks.

Maybe its Australias turn to go through a dark patch.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Gits loses singlehandedly - too harsh. He had a bad day at the office no doubt, but there was blame-aplenty all round for that lot. But starting with him, I knew we were in trouble when he tried that dropkick. Right or wrong, it reeked of panic and a lack of trust in his backline and I'm sure it gave the Scots a hell of a lift going into the shed. His head just didn't look right...he gets that petulant, impatient look on his face and then just starts looking to do it all himself. That said, some of the things he did were not bad and on the whole his kicking out of hand was probably a little better. But I am so sick of seeing kicks on attack (and not just from him). It is done so often it is not a shock - it is almost the standard play. They slog their guts out, get to the 40, then some muppet tries to toe it through and they have a line-out back in their own half. Over and over and over. Someone needs to break a small bone in the foot of the next idiot that does it. It is not part of the kicking game - that is about going for territory from within your own half. Once you are in the oposition half, you hang on to the bloody thing!

But still, Giteau put players away and they were incapable of putting the ball down. What on earth does it say about our roughty toughty forwards that they get held up by a couple of backs - how embarrassing! Mind you, at least they were sighted, which is more than the locks were. Someone really needs to point out to all the young locks in Australia that next year is their big chance. If they can demonstrate an ability to contribute to (and even run) a line-out and still contribute around the ground, they are right in the frame. Like it or not, the Wallabies are going to be looking for Sharpie's successor and it is pretty obvious that some brain is required along with the "mongrel" that so many traditionalists think is all that is required (not that the current pair is even showing much of that).

Perhaps Cooper/Mitchell were a touch unlucky, but the ball certainly travelled forward and Cooper was running as much sideways as forward, so rub of the green. Shouldn't have mattered within the context of the game, but the chicken amputees were certainly well and truly chucking laps by then. The Scots defended well, no doubt, but there is just no way they actually deserved to win that match. It should have been long over, probably before half time, but it wasn't and there seemed to be no leadership capable of telling everyone to calm down, take a deep breath, relax and let it come - bit of a worry. But still, the Wallabies themselves have often scraped wins from games they didn't deserve to and you have to credit the Scots for relentlessly hanging in. It was their turn, and they deserve it if only because the Australians so plainly couldn't take it away from them. As my sentimental NH team, I was frankly a little pleased for the Scottish team but enormously pleased for the crowd - despite normal expectations going in they showed up in crap weather and were rewarded with an upset. It is why folk go to live sport and I can't begrudge them the moment...must have been huge when that kick went wide.

But it is getting to the stage where Deans is going to have to choose. The type of game he wants them to play is obvious and it is the best style of play for the laws as currently interpreted and applied. But the players don't seem to be capable of playing it, so does he change the game plan to fit the players (and accept that that style is likely to result in losses) or fit the players to the plan (and risk even more young players and the inevitable problems when senior players are moved on or told to do something they don't like)? If nothing else, I hope he sits everyone down at the end of this tour and burns the team sheet. Ideally the players would all chuck in their ARU contracts at the end of the year in recognition that they all have to earn the spot next year, but that is sadly unrealistic. But he has to find a way to let them know that next year they have to earn their spot from scratch, and it has to be actually true. If it isn't, is it any wonder we are where we are?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Anyone still questioning the forward pass?

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 23-11-09 at 20:14.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Geometry 101

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If it wasn't held up Gerry...
    Seriously though, everyone assumes that Cross would have made it, the cover was there, more likely a flick pass on from Cross if it was to be successful, but he would have tried himself and quite possibly ended up short.
    Also, we are laying all the blame on the inexperienced Cooper but check out the dumbarse senior Winger waving his arm in the air for the pass!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Why didn't he just pass it to cross ffs. Simple rugby. No offense coops but i could of done that.

At international level they cannot make any mistakes. Not many people can even make that pass but he can so it is his duty to make it stick.

Sorry but i mean they have all been playing for 20 odd years, if you can't go a whole game without a 100% good pass rate you should be back in club rugby end of story.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    If it wasn't held up Gerry...
    He'd've made it, because the defender was sliding before the ball was even released. Look at the last two of WRF's photos and how far he had moved from a standing start while the ball was in the air. He would have been wrong-footed if nothing else.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Scotland played an outstading defensive game. Considering they were defending for most of the game it shows tremendous fitness to still be in it up until the end. There was passion and pride in our side and with this confidence booster we will see a lot more from this team

Scotland deserved the win because Australia did not take advantage of their opportunities. Maybe now we will have the confidence to play a more attacking game against the so called top teams.

Much as I love the Wallabies my first team will always be Scotland. What dissapoints me is the lack of recognition from the Australian public and press that the Wallabies found it extremely hard to break a great Scottish defence. Don't forget we lost our Captain and best Scrum Half in the first quarter, that does make a difference to a teams attacking capability. Note that we survided 20 phases of an Australian attack on our line in the last minutes of the game before relenting. No penalties given away there either, would you have seen that from any other of our top teams....I doubt it.

Please be good rugby supporters and give credit where it is due.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    good rugby supporters don't blab results to people who haven't watched it!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Finally shaken the hangover TEF?
    And agreed.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast