Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: YOU BLOODY BEEEUUTTYY!!

vCash
    ......oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... etc etc

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I thought Kaplan did an OK job....he could have been a bit more critical of the 'Saders diving over the ball at every opportunity, but apart from that (and one or two dodgy calls) it was all good.

AT least he was pretty consisten and only called the most blatant of sealing off penalties for us as well (except that bloody miracle of Pocock's in the second half where he dove in and then regained his feet before hitting the ground....how does one DO that!!!!)

Oh and Pekka's 'knock on'

come ci come ca

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Yes, even when we win we must touch on how crap the ref was. I don't suppose we mind his missing of that crucial forward pass from Shep to Hodgo when the try was scored? We seemed to mind a couple of weeks ago when Joe Rococococococoko received a couple, but it was probably ok tonight.
    Didn't notice a forward pass there. Noticed that the ball went backward and then forward with momentum. Though the first try was a joke though- there was no way we had control of that. I was with a Crusaders fan when it was scored and he figured it was karma that they'd had the rub of the green decisions wise they
    d give it to us. Through tries 2 and 3 were a-ok. But try one and a couple of the calls pro crusaders were average.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Yes, even when we win we must touch on how crap the ref was. .
    Do you think that he was ok Ecky ?????????????

---------- Post added at 06:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I thought Kaplan did an OK job...
    Only because we won If we lost all hell would have been loose

vCash
    last try by Hodgo was legit..

a forward pas is only forward if it leaves the hands going forward..

Sheps threw it backwards but because he was moving forwards at speed it kinda just plopped on the ground and rolled forwards..

also agree with James first try shouldnt have been allowed.. in Rugby League they wouldve said there was sky between his forearm and the ball beforethey came together again..

Kaplans shocker of the game was pek's "knock-on" his arms were up in the air and the ball bounced off his shins.. how is that a knock on???

vCash
    JM, love him or hate him, he knows how to play the Crusaders.

Well done boys, gutsy deserved win to finish the home games. Must have been brilliant to be there.

There are 70 odd participants in the S14 picking comp at my local. Mine was the only Force pick. Mine was the only Force shirt. Today I am extremely cocky and I'll get weeks out of this. Thanks boys, now get over to SA and return with at least 2 wins.

Young S14 players all over Aussie are coming to the fore 18 months before the RWC. The odds will keep shortening.

vCash
    That game last night was definitiely worth the trip over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Hart View Post

Jonathon Kaplan's a good referee; probably one of the best in the competition. Jaco Peyper, however, is a tool.

If anyone's biased , it's likely "us" because we're wanting what's best for our team.

The majority of penalties were there - and they went both ways - just that some of the "line ball" calls went against us.... that will happen ... I hardly think it was some personal vandetta against the Force.

Just be happy with the win.

SHHHH!, Dont say that here....

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Fantastic game. If we can keep most of our players this year we will be a formidable team next year. Even though it was tough on us having all those injuries it looks like the team has grown stronger for it. To dominate a team like the Crusaders is an impressive feat.

BTW, who said Hill was an over the hill has been? Whoever it was got that wrong! Apart from the kicking my only beef last night was Dunning, I just can't see what he brings to the team.

I thought Kaplan was crap but he was crap evenly. He just didn't seem to be able to keep up with the play.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Two tries were pretty fortunate, though spectacular, but I think we have earnt a couple of decisions over the years.
    One was good payback for the try Whittaker had stolen by the Kiwi TMO in Queenstown. Jonker had already awarded that one when the touchy "overruled" him. I think he'd be happy with the "swap". Sometimes the swings and roundabouts gods smile on you.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    I get the feeling that Haji is happy

Great game! Not a faultless display, but the boys stuck to their game, absolutely backed themselves and kept their heads (and didn't kick possession away all night). Awesome

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I continue to renew my membership.

"And fairweather fans in Perth now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their support cheap whiles any speaks
    That cheered with us upon this Friday."
    Agree!

No amount of comfort and convenience of viewing at home can beat the atmosphere at the game.
    Thanks fellow supporters for contributing to the experience.

vCash

Oh it is nice to win with a sellout!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Didn't notice a forward pass there. Noticed that the ball went backward and then forward with momentum. Though the first try was a joke though- there was no way we had control of that. I was with a Crusaders fan when it was scored and he figured it was karma that they'd had the rub of the green decisions wise they
    d give it to us. Through tries 2 and 3 were a-ok. But try one and a couple of the calls pro crusaders were average.
    There was only one dubious try............ the first force try. The TMO went our way this time, and if the TMO had said "ref's call" I think Kaplan would have awarded the try as well!

As for the 'forward pass' mentioned my ecky. I would like to think that the ball went flat from where the ball was released hit the ground and bounced forward. If I am not mistaken if the ball goes "back" then bounces forward it is not classed as a forward pass. But I am sure ecky will correct me if I am wrong here.

As for that I only have a few issue with Kaplan's game. The "knock-on", how the hell? I will let him get away with that clanger because his view of the "hand" was obscured by the ball, so he made a bad assumption! Assumptions are the cause of the worst f##kups"! Secondly the continual offsides by the saders in the second half! I can think back to a game this year when we had a player sent of for the exact same issue!

Other than those strange decisions he was fine. Was just lucky neither of those decisions hurt the Force.

Lastly the game plan to kick for touch instead of the points is bloody awsome! We were down, near the bottom of the ladder, go for it I say! Love that style. Only need 3 points when it is necessary, like the last penalty to win!!!!!

Bring on the Zaffas!!!!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, that was one in mind shasta

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post
    Lastly the game plan to kick for touch instead of the points is bloody awsome!
    Agreed. Which made the first half attempt at the most difficult one - from about the 10m line and about 8 in from touch all the more baffling.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think that may have been more for a breather shasta, they were starting to blow up a little.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast