Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Force v 'Canes

vCash
    Coach are you a masochist by any chance?

Last week it was pissing down so you could expect some of those mistakes, but tonight it was just down to a very very poor gameplan.

And what was with running out of the line on defence? After it happened 4 times I realised they planned it and it wasn't just someone getting excited. That's where most of the 'canes linebreaks came from.

That gameplan might work against a team like the cheetahs or bulls, but the canes? A team full of 7s players who like to chuck it around? Completely mental.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    how many fit players will be available for the Tahs match?

might have to pack my boots for Sydney

ps our poor tackling & handling let us down again

if we cant even do the basics right,heaven help us

vCash
    well i thought they played well but were very unlucky and the ref didn't like them much!
    Being a 7 year fair weather supporter I reckon that in another couple of years they ..............
    What a load of bollocks. Poor Sharpie.
    Good on you mate but screw the others!
    That should piss everyone off!

May the FORCE be with you!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Force need to wake up. We are amateurs playing in a professional league.
    Something has to be done and it has to be done now!!!!
    No more excuses we have been at it for many years so something has to change. It looks like the team has no rugby culture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rugby rules View Post
    Force need to wake up. We are amateurs playing in a professional league.
    Something has to be done and it has to be done now!!!!
    No more excuses we have been at it for many years so something has to change. It looks like the team has no rugby culture
    we have 7 bloody Wallabies for Christ sake!

Apprentice
    vCash
    And look what happened. We got our ass whipped!!

vCash
    and then asked if they would kiss it!
    from day one we have been the maybes today proved it

vCash
    Pathetic, once again 15,000 fans turn up to watch that garbage, we did look good for short periods, but unfortunately that was the warm up prior to the game, no direction, very little game plan, the high ball isn't going to work against Corey Jane ect, kicking for 3 pointers in the last 20 while we are being smashed, doesn't make sense. The commitment is there from the supporters, unfortunately it ain't there from the team.......

vCash
    The pack performed well.

The scrum is solid. The backrow world class. We have the two best young hookers in the country

Sheehan is a fighter and plays like a 9th forward. He's like an extra loosie.......covering tackles, cleaning up spilt ball, diving on opposition dropped pill, chaing kickers. I think he is in career best form. The effort deteriorates when he gets hooked............I understand the young blokes need some game time but its a shame to pull him off when the game can be won.

Our back 3 can be devastating

Our midfield has the penetration of a 90 year old man with brewers droop

so........................we need to come up with some attacking strategies that brings the back 3 into the game.

A good coach plays to his strengths and manages around his weaknesses. I guess RG figures the pack is the strength so he is playing a narrow game. One out hit ups, 7 players at the breakdown, slow recycling and half hearted pick and flops at the back of the ruck don't win super rugby.

There should be an obvious effort to bring Nalanga into play from set piece when it is one on one..........particularly off the scrum which is performing well.

If anybody saw the Cheetahs first try yesterday, this is an example of good coaching and perfect execution of a set piece move,.

Nalanga is confused about his role. There is no obvious plan to involve him. This is poor coaching and poor strategy. Why would you buy him to stand on the wing getting bored?

He should be the most tired player on the field. His team mates should be looking at ways of bringing him into the game.

Since the pack is strong, there could be some lineout moves close to the line, from the front, back or through the center.............nuffink

Nalanga is a frightening prospect from a scrum on a big blind side..........nuffink

Nalanga could be used in center field where we have poor penetration...........nuffink

The back 3 could be trained, coached, indoctrinated with a mentality to counter..........nuffink

Since there is no mid field penetration, the mid field could be coached to move it through the hands to the flanks..........nuffink

Chucky is devastating when he takes it to the line and puts runners into holes...........nuffink. The coach hasn't trained the players to Chucks strengths............nuffink

The Force are dominating territory and possession............nuffink. There are no plans to score tries. They seem to be playing for penalties. It is actually hard work when 7 players are expected at the breakdown. They have to sprint from ruck to ruck and then slow it down until the entire squad has realigned..........sh1thouse coaching...........it also leaves them tired, slow to react and exposed to counterattack. Opposition backlines are so full of O2 from doing nothing that their eyes light up when they get the inevitable turnover ball with overlaps.

The pack is strong and compete with anybody

There is talent in the backline. We aren't using it...........sh1thouse coaching

A good leader develops strengths and manages around weaknesses

RG hasn't even seen his team strengths

The game style is unwatchable

The product is as important as the results

It's better to burn out than to fade away

My simple request.............don't die on your knees................have a farking crack. I'm not talkin about effort. The commitment and effort is obvious. The team is working hard. Exhaustion leads to some simple mistakes that is hurting us bad. The game plans and strategies are rubbish.

The pacjk is dominating, going forward, getting good field position, providing a good platform..........everything a coach could ask..................CAN WE PUT ON SOME PLAYS AND INVOLVE OUR FIJIAN WRECKING BALL please

Thanks in advance
    Rex's stable

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    It was bloody hard to sit there and watch us implode on Friday night. Last year I regulalrly felt disappointed when we seemed to throw games away and snatch narrow defeats from what should have been victories. Friday night was different - our incompetence made me bloody angry. As always there was plenty of commitment, but skill errors and lack of structure let is down, then the self belief disappeared (e.g a previously dominant scrum getting owned) .

Our defence also let us down big time, we missed tackles and let a mediocre side make us look very ordinary. However, my biggest worry is that we seem to have developed a losing culture! The coaching staff need to turn it around soon - otherwise how would we expect to keep our best and attract new talent. The truth is we have a bad rep and we better bloody shock ourselves out of it. I'm a fanatical Force supporter (who invests way too much emotional capital in our performances) and if I've had a gut-full how must up and coming talent view our club.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe all they need is a Shrink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    can he play fly-half ?.... if hes any good RG, should look into it!....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I know an enthusiastic rugby loving psych student that could be avaliable...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3