Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force attacked by Sharks

vCash
    We weren't given the "concessions" however that the Rebels received to get started...IMHO it has never been a level playing field...
    We have to build the bridge get over it, and try and do something to get us out of this black hole we are in...I wish I had the answer...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Mitchell was good for something then... ???!!!
    Drew was a great signing, shame he's out injured just now!

Champion
    vCash
    Normie and TG... I think you'll find it was Mulvihill who was influential in getting Sharpe as Mullers was Sharpies coach at Southport School. I think Poey and O'Connor were also wooed by Mullers .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Yes you can!
    LOL! I'm trying to build bridges having previously been disrespectful to him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Recruiting has been a little unlucky- our only successful 'marquee' in my opinion has been Ben Castle! (respect to David Hill he was a great stand in) The mummy's curse that has afflicted our flyhalves has been a season destroyer on two occasions, yes? ( Pretorious, Ripia) our early on recruiting was pretty good. In the early years spanner was re aquainted with wallabies gold and the likes of shepherd, Cowan, brown, hodgson earnt caps. Lately it has been shizen Hausen!
    David Smith was good though, no? At least he genuinely liked being in Perth, and would have come back for sure if RG had stayed. Now, like everyone else, he's waiting to see who the new coach is going to be before deciding whether he wants to

vCash
    Pay that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Normie and TG... I think you'll find it was Mulvihill who was influential in getting Sharpe as Mullers was Sharpies coach at Southport School. I think Poey and O'Connor were also wooed by Mullers .
    No doubt; Mullers was certainly influencial. He was an integral part of Mitchell's team. Mullers could not have done so well if he didn't support, and be supported by, Mitchell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    We weren't given the "concessions" however that the Rebels received to get started...IMHO it has never been a level playing field...
    We have to build the bridge get over it, and try and do something to get us out of this black hole we are in...I wish I had the answer...

The answer lies in the appiontment of a world-class coach.

The debacle in Durban should convince rugby WA that the Head Coach should not be an internal appointment.

I cant see any big name players signing with the Force until it is clear who the coach will be.

No doubt RugbyWA is working on this and hopefully an announcement will be made sooner rather than later.

Just think back to this time last year and the turmoil at the Brumbies, not only a sacked coach but the stand in coach publicly rubishing the players. Look where they are now.

The Force will rise from this a stronger team..... I am optomistic about their future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    The answer lies in the appiontment of a world-class coach.

The debacle in Durban should convince rugby WA that the Head Coach should not be an internal appointment.

I cant see any big name players signing with the Force until it is clear who the coach will be.

No doubt RugbyWA is working on this and hopefully an announcement will be made sooner rather than later.

Just think back to this time last year and the turmoil at the Brumbies, not only a sacked coach but the stand in coach publicly rubishing the players. Look where they are now.

The Force will rise from this a stronger team..... I am optomistic about their future.
    Thanks for helping to restore my confidence a bit Todd :-) My Twitter feed has been chockablock with euphoric Rebels and Reds fans this weekend. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel rather envious of their success

Champion
    vCash
    i haven't seen the game, but of course know the result.. is it worth watching or is it a bullsh1t episode of the Force actors, (after reading previous comments they are actors and deffinately not rugby players) ??!!

vCash
    Watching the Reds Chiefs game this avo I allowed myself to dream of the doing a Reds transformation from wooden spooners to finalists. We can't go much lower than we are now. With the right changes - mananagment/coach and decent halves and 12 I still believe we can rebuild the franchise to something we're all proud of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Watching the Reds Chiefs game this avo I allowed myself to dream of the doing a Reds transformation from wooden spooners to finalists. We can't go much lower than we are now. With the right changes - mananagment/coach and decent halves and 12 I still believe we can rebuild the franchise to something we're all proud of.
    I totally agree, but where are we going to get them from? Seems to me not even big $ is enough to get many of the good players (or perhaps more specifically their wives and families) to leave the ES heartlands and move "all the way" over here for long enough to make a difference.

Reality is that WA just isn't attractive to many ES people and I honestly feel that's part of the problem we have recruitment-wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    i haven't seen the game, but of course know the result.. is it worth watching or is it a bullsh1t episode of the Force actors, (after reading previous comments they are actors and deffinately not rugby players) ??!!
    Personally, I'd say don't bother. It'll only frustrate the hell out of you :-((

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Ahhh please, blaming the ARU for the problems at the Force is ignoring glaring issues at rugbywa.

The talent is out their, the Force just haven't been recruiting and developing it effectively.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The ARU are the ones who set the sanctions on marquee player numbers per team, the Rebels were given fairer treatment than we were by the ARU.

For a team to break into such a tough comp as this there should be different levels of overseas players allowed for at least the first five years.

Until we are considered even a semi good team who has a decent coach no decent player will ever want to come here.

BUT the Force recruit very poorly I agree wholeheartedly with you on that. Worse still we let good players slip away to France.

Let's for a start get Warren Gatland. (No chance)...

vCash
    Africa is runneth over with talent

All their hot women are gagging for it in Boktown Perth

Why rugby WA hasn't gone after that gold and diamond mine is beyond comprehension

Chase their youth teams. get em over here when they are 16........hell move their families over so their kid brothers can play for the Force as well. There must be a marginal Labor seat in Perth that will push through the paperwork and turn a blind eye to convention.

If they get Africa's talent at 16 they'll be naturalised by the time they are 19 (I think)

Rugby WA isn't very creative or inspirational

Off with their heads

Controversy corner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast