Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Forlorn Force wait on Foley

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    2.5 you say?
    Actually 12 days to be precise

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    i see

vCash
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226436186037

Michael Foley expected to reject an offer from Western Force

by: Bret Harris
    July 27, 201212:00AM

Increase Text Size
    Decrease Text Size
    Print

NSW Waratahs coach Michael Foley is expected to reject an offer to coach Western Force in next year's Super Rugby competition.

NSW Waratahs coach Michael Foley is expected to reject an offer to coach Western Force in next year's Super Rugby competition.

And there is increasing speculation Force captain and openside flanker David Pocock will join the Brumbies.

The Force offered Foley a long-term deal after negotiations broke down with its preferred candidate, Michael Cheika, who coached Irish province Leinster to the 2009 Heineken Cup.

While Foley was strongly encouraged by influential figures at the Force to cross the Nullarbor, it is understood his preference was to remain at NSW.

The Force has been searching for a coach since Richard Graham resigned in April after accepting an offer to coach the Queensland Reds next year.

Other coaches on Force's shortlist were John Mulvihill, Scott Johnson, Eddie O'Sullivan and Matt O'Connor.

It is understood Pocock intended to wait until the coaching issue was resolved before making a decision about moving or staying.

But if the Force has to start the selection process all over again, Pocock may decide before then.

Sources connected to the Brumbies are confident Pocock will be playing in Canberra next year.

vCash
    If what the media says is true then Wow! 2 knock backs from 2 blokes who never formally applied. Who would have expected such a result? Just bloody sign Mulvihill already and get the preseason training started already!!!

vCash
    The Foley move was a sign of desperation, and now that has failed. What's next?

Every day that goes by in limbo, without a coach, is a day wasted to start re-building the organization. Critical days are being wasted on the recruitment front. None of the much-needed players are being signed (how 'bout a #12?). None of the much-needed personnel will still be available by the time a coach is on board.

Given the recent history in the organization, what coach in their right mind would want to come and work under Vern Reid and Co.?

I too was one who felt that calm heads were in order, all will be revealed in due time. But this has crossed the tipping point of being a complete and utter farce, and I don't see any other option for this organization to go forward than for Vern and his crew to take a long walk and have a clean sweep in the front office. That's the only way any decent coach or players will commit to the organization.

It's sad that it's come to this, but that's the reality of where we are. A fish rots from the head down.

Resign, Vern. (and no, that's not "re-sign"!)

vCash
    Whilst a firm subscriber to the saying don't believe everything you read in the media, if even remtely true this shows RugbyWA to be incompetent amatuers without a clue on how to run a professional organisiation

I wouldn't blame Pocock for moving East to be honest. Four months and we still haven't sorted a coach out, meanwhile the media gets a free swing at the the Force and I can only assume this debarcle will see the Force losing fans/members and with the signs that a competitor about to set up shop as well

vCash
    Maybe RWA should stop looking for a big name coach and look at what we have in our local stocks.
    Same goes for players instead of big name players a team of unknowns coached by an unknown just might spring some surprises.
    There is also the possibility we could get 4 unknowns for the price of 1 known increasing our player base without spending a fortune and therefore increasing the chances of identifying future playing stocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Maybe RWA should stop looking for a big name coach and look at what we have in our local stocks.
    Same goes for players instead of big name players a team of unknowns coached by an unknown just might spring some surprises.
    There is also the possibility we could get 4 unknowns for the price of 1 known increasing our player base without spending a fortune and therefore increasing the chances of identifying future playing stocks.
    I like the idea of supporting a team of local unknowns better than a team of expensive prima donna imports who often care more about themselves than the team jersey.

vCash
    fark Foley

we dodged a bullet

Best news I've had about the Force in years

No gimps policy please

Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    Self destruction.....EWF and RWA. I feel sorry for Hodgie, Ben Mac Pek etc the diehards sitting on the side lines and watching dickheads like Vern Reid tip their fragile club and supporters upside down. What about our sponsors...ARE THEY going to be here next year.
    I am losted for words...if the Pirates get here... gee more pressure to get bums on seats.

vCash
    The Pirates won't come

Minileague failed an expansion already

The best thing for the Force is that the travelling requirements and clusterfark is sending messages to minileague HQ. They can set up a club on he central coast that will succeed with a healthy Pulse or they can have another Force on their books. Minileague has a small vision run by morons.........they won't touch it.

So, great news for the Force. This shenanigans has actually been a higher conceived plot to keep minileague out of Perth. Big picture stuff from Force management. Once the minileague franchise goes elsewhere, they will raise the titanic.

Dead set

Controversy corner

Veteran
    vCash
    by definition minileague is going to be small...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3