Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: YTF does it have to be in Margaret River?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Apologies to Rockingham and Hohepa. Rockingham were represented. Associates was the other club that didn't attend.

Why didn't someone in the know correct me earlier?

0 Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Apparently local rugby identity ,the refrigerator from Rocky stirred things right up

0 Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh, I see wholetruth did....

0 Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Another trophy for the Nedlands cabinet. Ho hum....

C'mon you other clubs, this is getting boring winning every trophy going around.

Why doesn't rugby wa organise a Neddies vs Soaks grand final in april and give us all a year off?

Neddies dominance is getting embarrassing and by the looks of the masses of new players at pre season the juggernaut is going to keep rolling on

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Don't quit your day job. You're making a right hash of the comedy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    No Rocky or Baysie represented in Open men's from Prems; however Baysie woman flew the flag ;p

also No Sth Lions, ARKS, Midland, Curtin.......
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

vCash

Marg River 7s on TV

A 30min TV feature on the Margaret River 7s tournament will be broadcast on Foxtel channel 183 Monday 4th March from 7pm (WST) for anyone who's interested.

This great concept was supported and made possible by the great Community Rugby team at RWA.

The feature has been filmed and produced by Local Media SC.

We hope that more new and innovation concepts will be developed over the year to further promote and enhance the community game with several ideas already in the mix.

We expect further details on Monday's broadcast (media release ect) will be forwarded by RWA this week.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by LMSC; 24-02-13 at 21:10. Reason: wrong time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    The cup comp isn't about bonus comp points, it's about giving clubs with ambition like Joondalup, Mandurah, ARKS etc matches of a higher competitive nature to allow the improvement in standard necessary to expand the premier grade comp in a couple of years.......

"Joondalup Brothers will be fielding a team in the 1st Division for the first time in the history of the club in the year 2014."

A couple of years does not apply in Joondalup's case, this is from their website, Rugby WA would have asked them to remove it if it weren't so. My strategically placed sources have confirmed 2014 is all systems go Brothers.

0 Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    We seem to have strayed off the original thread here but.

"Joondalup Brothers will be fielding a team in the 1st Division for the first time in the history of the club in the year 2014."
    A couple of years does not apply in Joondalup's case, this is from their website, Rugby WA would have asked them to remove it if it weren't so. My strategically placed sources have confirmed 2014 is all systems go Brothers.

RugbyWA HAS has told them to remove it.
    They have also got to find 50 new players according to RugbyWA chairman David Redpath.
    Let's get real here shall we.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post

They have also got to find 50 new players according to RugbyWA chairman David Redpath.
    I know a few 'brothers's & they have all pretty much said the same thing - they'll be in the prems for 2014. As for them having to get 50 new players, it would be fairly easy for them to get 50 additional players on the books. However what they won't be able to do is get 50 players that are good enough to field competitive teams in grades 1, 2 & 3. I don't have a problem with the JB joining the top division next year, but their promotion needs to be done in an intelligent manner that is good for local rugby. Nobody wants to see 80 point shellackings. The smart thing is for RWA to allow JB to field teams in grades 1 & 3 or 1 & 2 as opposed to all 3 grades at least for the first 2/3 years. Dictating that they magically produce 50 players of suitable calibre is whack. .

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Those posts have nothing to do with Eatin' or Drinkin'

0 Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post

Sorry if you feel it was off topic, they're obviously being naughty little brothers then aren't they.

0 Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Good to see a Wanneroo member supporting the Brothers. Bit of a lone voice there I would imagine.
    However, where are Joondalup going to get 50 players from or even a team of Premier Grade and Reserve Grade calibre. Don't say locally because they have been told not to include any players they MIGHT be able to get from Perth clubs. Current Premier clubs find it difficult to attract more than a handful of players each season even with the money some of them have available. If Joondalup think they have the dosh to bring a team in then perhaps they should look at their own history and the history of other clubs. When they started Joondalup brought in a heap of Kiwis for money and guess what. They lasted about one season. Took the Money and ran. From memory ARKS brought in about 30 when they went back into Premier Grade some years back and look what happened there. Rocky did the same when they took Wanneroo's place and bought an entire (almost) NZ First Grade, Spent a lot of money, had a very good year but it almost sent the club down the gurgler I heard and and then they all buggered off.
    Need I say more.
    Oh. And wouldn't it be good if JB's could actually win their own competition. ZED, you would know better than most how long it took Wanneroo to finally get back after being a one man show in the old Districts comp year after year.
    PS.
    Should we start an new thread with this

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by wholetruth; 25-02-13 at 16:50.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSC View Post
    A 30min TV feature on the Margaret River 7s tournament will be broadcast on Foxtel channel 183 Monday 4th March from 7pm (WST) for anyone who's interested.
    Any truth to the rumour that there was a huge brawl in one of the games?

If so, wonder if it will be featured on the Foxtel footage.

Any details anyone who was there?

0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast