Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Squad so far

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    Have been told that with Super "B" comp next year, squad size would have to be 46 min. How that all would work I have no idea.
    Perhaps that includes the re introduction of the academy in each state?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Perhaps that includes the re introduction of the academy in each state?
    Yes that was my take on it.

vCash
    The reason i think i will increase is because the reason given at the start of this year for not going to match day 23 with the extra prop was because the squad sizes were to small and it had came in to late to increase. It was to be looked at to be increased for 2014.

NZ have just increased their squad sizes to 32 guess it will depend on the super b.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I reckon they will increase it by one.

That would mean we have two spots left for outside backs. Presumably JOC and Cummins, but it sounds like there are some back up options in South Africa or maybe they will keep Winston Stanley on if say Cummins leaves. Or maybe Dellit.

We also have two spots left for backrowers (unless MMM is going to be considered a 6 from now on which would mean one lock and one backrower). No real standout options spring to mind there. If MMM is a six, Walton would probably come into the main squad.

There will most likely be a prop, hooker, lock EPS (unless MMM is a 6 in which case it might be an openside flanker). Rumour has it the Force are chasing Hugh Roach and Adam Coleman from the Eastern States. I'd be pretty surprised if the prop wasn't Ollie Hoskins. If we did need an openside flanker, I reckon the Force should push hard for Jack Dempsey from the U20s.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion
    vCash
    As I understand it: Super squad still 35 of which 5 will be extended squad. Then, if the "B" comp comes into being another (at least) 22 on short term contract for the 8 games only + the extended squad. It will be the eps and local and E state fringers. Then that's it.
    As far as next year. I reckon there's 3 spots left if the HB stays.
    Maths was never my best subject but I'm pretty sure that's how it is right now.

vCash
    G'day James

For your P1 summary.............

At the Member's Forum tonight the WF CEO confirmed a number of issues re the playing squad:

1. He was more confident than 2 weeks ago of keeping HB. But remember that he only played 4 games in 2013.
    2. Pat Dellit was still contracted for 2014.
    3. The early extension of Kyle's contract out to 2016 represents how the Club is trying to retain valued players in a pro-active manner. Members are likely to see many of the squad who are currently only contracted for 2014 have their contracts extended early in 2014. My interp. on this was that it may depend on how they perform, show ongoing improvement, during pre-season.
    4. JOC situation still unknown but ongoing discussions at all levels. Appears that JOC had actually made a presentation to all WF players while in town after which there was a consensus view that he should be given a chance back at WF. This was before his current travelling gaffe. Membership sentiment and feedback was indicating a 50:50 level of support.
    5. Winston Stanley was likely to missout if both HB and JOC get signed. WS had shown strong commitment to the WF and team culture changes. His situation had suffered due to his shoulder injury. At this stage WS was not being approached by other clubs either in Oz or elsewhere.

Last edited by andrewg; 26-09-13 at 08:25. Reason: Added 5th point; Fix date

Apprentice
    vCash
    AndrewG,
    5. Re: Winston Stanley - very wrong he has had approaches from a number of other clubs, and is seriously considering offers

vCash
    Goldie that's not what was said last night.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I guess the truth depends on who Goldie is and how much spin the Force are imparting doesn't it?

C'mon the

vCash
    Sinders said last night that if WS has offers from other clubs he should take them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I guess the truth depends on who Goldie is and how much spin the Force are imparting doesn't it?
    Are you Winston Stanley Goldie? Feeling unwanted? Need a cuddle?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    Are you Winston Stanley Goldie? Feeling unwanted? Need a cuddle?
    No of course not, no need to be an idiot - just a statement of fact - I'm sure players wouldn't read these forums

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie12345 View Post
    No of course not, no need to be an idiot - just a statement of fact - I'm sure players wouldn't read these forums
    No offence meant, just jokes

I reckon a few of them would read this site... if you were a player wouldn't you?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie12345 View Post
    So how can you be so sure your information is better than Mark Sinderberry's, at least we know he's the CEO and will be in the contracting loop.

I accept that the Force are probably spinning the information to suit their purposes, but I would also suspect plenty of spin going the other direction as well.

Force will be saying he hasn't received any offers so they don't look like pricks for cutting him (when nobody else wants him) and Stanley's manager will say he has received numerous offers and is considering them (even if those offers are for work behind the bar while playing fourth grade for Taranaki)

It is the nature of contracting!

The comment that he should take any offer he gets is telling......pretty hard to come back from that one without losing face!

C'mon the

vCash
    Great summary of last night's forum AG!

The thing that struck me most was how impressed I was with Mark Sinderberry. I loved his openness and his candour. I loved his 'no BS' attitude and his straight way of talking. He came across as a man with a firm handshake rather than one of those pathetic, limp ones!! A big plus in my (very old fashioned!) book!

Most surprising of all to me was that in that short space of time he managed to convince me to have complete and utter faith in any decision he & Foley may make to re-sign JOC.

I think GIGS and others have talked about this on here before, but after last night, I have come round to the belief that if Sinderberry, Foley, Hodgo and the senior players think they can 'tame' JOC and get him to perform to the best of his ability on the field as well, who am I to say that they shouldn't try.

Who'd a thought?!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast