Page 34 of 149 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I read on GAGR this morning that Qld nearly went guts up this year and were provided with a loan/bailout. As a disclaimer I haven’t seen it reported anywhere else yet.

What happened to the ARU saying they wouldn’t provide bailout loans anymore?
    That would required them to tell the truth

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Well, at least they didn't ask for the Reds' IP and licence. I mean, that was such a disaster last time that the ARU had to disband the team!

[Too soon?]
    Not for my dark sense of humour!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I read on GAGR this morning that Qld nearly went guts up this year and were provided with a loan/bailout. As a disclaimer I haven’t seen it reported anywhere else yet.
    The QRU's Financial Report in their Annual Report are actually quite readable and don't hide the fact they were in the shit, unlike (as Alison found out) the ARU's

vCash
    Is that for 2016 or 2017?

Because the post I read was strongly implying the loan was asked for and received this year so I would assume we would need to wait thor the 2017 annual report?

vCash
    During my research for my Senate submission, I discovered that at one point the ARU took the Rebels' IP. They didn't pay for it and I'm not sure if they kept it or gave it back. Either way, it's more evidence of the chicanery that is the MO for the ARU cabal.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    During my research for my Senate submission, I discovered that at one point the ARU took the Rebels' IP. They didn't pay for it and I'm not sure if they kept it or gave it back. Either way, it's more evidence of the chicanery that is the MO for the ARU cabal.
    Still owned by ARU according to IP Australia.

https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/tr...ebels#_1372684

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    So now the hell does that work???!!!!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    That would required them to tell the truth
    Hi Bakkies and Kalahard,
    Did you see in 5th paragraph of the Qld Chairmans report thar 262,839 Queenslanders participated in rugby in 2016. That even trumps Pulver's claim of 257,000 participants for the whole of Australia. Amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    They bought it in 2011 for $1.3 m

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well Lou its now been handed to you guys on a platter enjoy your games of rugby in Melbourne. Say hi to all the boys when they get there. Make sure to tell them to play well for their employers.

vCash
    As Wessels said, "its the Force and the Rebels against the rest of Australian rugby". I think Wessels will bring a freshness to the team whose morale had sunk under McGahan and now with the full playing comp, the Rebels will have my support.
    I still loathe the current ARU management team and our work with the Senate is not yet complete.

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Hi Bakkies and Kalahard,
    Did you see in 5th paragraph of the Qld Chairmans report thar 262,839 Queenslanders participated in rugby in 2016. That even trumps Pulver's claim of 257,000 participants for the whole of Australia. Amazing.

I haven't read the report but now is not time to get mad, it is time to get even. I am going to table the email that I sent to Senator Reynolds as a submission to the Inquiry and will add further information especially in relation to how the Rebels are going to finance the recruitment of the Force players and coaching staff. I will also send emails over to Mark McGowan and the IRB as it now time for them to step in as alienating a growing area is not in the interests of Rugby. They also need to monitor the behaviour of the ARU, I know Gosper said he won't step in to sort out Australian Rugby out but that ship has now sailed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    They bought it in 2011 for $1.3 m
    The West Australian has copies of letters between Winney and ARU chief executive Bill Pulver about the potential deal.
    In a letter to Pulver on July 18 2104, Winney said BidCo would take on the risk and responsibility from 2015.
    “ARU exposure would be cauterised and risk beyond the end 2014 would pass to BidCo,” Winney wrote.
    In his reply four days later Pulver said: “ARU purchased the Rebels marks/intellectual property for $1.3m and cannot agree to them being sold back to the Rebels for only $1.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88607143z

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    As Wessels said, "its the Force and the Rebels against the rest of Australian rugby". I think Wessels will bring a freshness to the team whose morale had sunk under McGahan and now with the full playing comp, the Rebels will have my support.
    I still loathe the current ARU management team and our work with the Senate is not yet complete.
    Unfortunately Lou I think that was total fallacy that it was us and you guys against them rest. Have thoroughly enjoyed having you with us but I think we were always the one stitched up. Mate I can't accept or be encouraging for your guys while all this shit has gone on. One thing I find hard to fathom though is these guys have been shit on to the highest level and are now getting into bed with the perpetrators. Very hard to take and very hard to now have to say to my 8yr old no more pro rugby. Like I said before enjoy your rugby in Melbourne.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I have sent the submission to the Senate and emailed Mark McGowan. Now working on contacting the IRB.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 34 of 149 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast