Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Western Force may withdraw interest in James O'Connor pending outcome of ARU investig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    He wouldn't have been stood down, if it was a simple case of a seat allocation cock up & a heated discussion. He's rocked up p*ssed and got all agro with the check-in staff "don't you know who I am!" yadda yadda yadda... I still think the Force should sign him, sort of.
    shit I'm glad we've finally got the good oil from somebody who was there. thanks zed
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm thinking now that this may very well be the optimal time to bring him back. He must be (hopefully) just about at rock bottom now & in desperate need of support.

If he is to stand a chance in the future & he wants to still be involved with the Wallabies & the Force, then the airport incident maybe couldn't have come at a better time for us.

We can pick him up & rebuild him from the inside out. But there again he may F off to mungo land or France.

Hope he shows some common sense... but then in his case, common sense just ain't that common!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Matt Burke's column in the SMH on the 'responsibility to the team' pov:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...921-2u6lb.html

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Maybe what he needs to do is ring the ARU and tell them not to worry about a top up, just get them to ratify the Force contract and work his way back into the team.....that way everybody wins.

But that won't happen until his ego disappears.....and that isn't likely to happen soon!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    He took it personally when he was asked if he had any baggage
    Ha! I love it. That's what set him off. "Baggage!!?? Why's everyone saying I have too much baggage? I'm just going through a tough time, that's all!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    I'm thinking now that this may very well be the optimal time to bring him back. He must be (hopefully) just about at rock bottom now & in desperate need of support.

If he is to stand a chance in the future & he wants to still be involved with the Wallabies & the Force, then the airport incident maybe couldn't have come at a better time for us.

We can pick him up & rebuild him from the inside out. But there again he may F off to mungo land or France.

Hope he shows some common sense... but then in his case, common sense just ain't that common!
    Cam Shepherd was in a similar situation when he signed with the Force around the time he was caught jumping on that's blokes car. He seemed to be fairly well behaved over here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Cam Shepherd was in a similar situation when he signed with the Force around the time he was caught jumping on that's blokes car. He seemed to be fairly well behaved over here.
    Wasn't that an isolated incident in an otherwise clean record, though?

JOC has not done anything illegal AFAIK. But the number of senior people who have doubts about how he operates suggests it's an attitude problem rather than one of comitting serious misdemeanours.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wasn't that an isolated incident in an otherwise clean record, though?

JOC has not done anything illegal AFAIK. But the number of senior people who have doubts about how he operates suggests it's an attitude problem rather than one of comitting serious misdemeanours.
    Didnt cam get done for drink driving a couple of times

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Didnt cam get done for drink driving a couple of times
    Indeed

Western Force back Cameron Shepherd has been fined $15,000 and handed a two-match suspended ban after he was charged with drink driving in December last year.

Shepherd appeared before an Australian Rugby Union (ARU) tribunal in Sydney tonight charged with breaching their code of conduct.

It followed Shepherd's conviction in Perth's Magistrates Court last week for driving under the influence and driving whilst suspended in December, 2010.

He will also be required to undergo further counselling with the support of the ARU and Force.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-02-0...riving/1933486

vCash
    I believe he got done whilst suspended as well
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Cam admitted at one point to being an alcoholic (If I remember correctly)
    I don't know that JOC can use the 'demon drink' as an excuse for his behaviour.

vCash
    Well he probably can.......seems as though there is a fair bit of alcohol involved in most of his douchebaggery

C'mon the

vCash
    Are we going to sign him or not? Nothing from the Force except a tweet "awaiting outcome of ARU investigation". Put aside what you think of the guy, do you think we will offer him a contract or not. I'm starting to think if we weren't going to sign him we would of had a statement from the Force already. Thats assuming he wants to remain in Australia lol.

vCash
    Yeah Basha, I think they had pretty much come to terms and were waiting on the ARU component before announcing. I don't know whether this latest incident will change anything much. Surely if they were on a knife edge they would have pissed him off already. Waiting for the ARU to give them the all clear to sign him would be my guess.

I'm cometely ok with that as long as he pulls his stupid head in, if he doesn't he should be made to pay back every cent of the contract.

C'mon the

vCash
    That's a good one actually gigs! I'm still all for bringing him back. But if he pisses this opportunity away he should owe rugbywa some money - at $17/hr coaching & reffing in schools and local clubs. Same way people work off their community service
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast