Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Game Day Wallabies v Pumas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm not happy that we won! The first half stank the same as the last four years.....the fact that we won will be used by dopey bob to retain is job......event he posers on the rugby club are blaming him for the backline's problems now!
    Exactly. Some of the tactics were terrible. Berrick Barnes up & under that led to the Argies try being a prime example. Actually this is a tactic that seems to be creeping back into the game and it's horrible, negative rugby. The aim is to kick the ball to the opposition back 3 and hope they drop it... and if they don't, well keep on kicking it to them, because they will eventually drop it - right? The Argies are a good solid side, but are limited. I think with the players we have, we should have beaten them by 15 points. I have been a supporter of Deans & maintained that it's because of a lack of decent players that our performance have been sub-par, but it's now evident that the game plan, tactics etc are poor and for that the coach has to take a lot of the blame. Time for him to go.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Deans appears to be intent on convincing everyone, supporters players administrators etc that the players are crap (as well as the rest of the nation) and none of it is his fault.
    The ones who buy it are suddenly over the moon when we beat Argentina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Deans appears to be intent on convincing everyone, supporters players administrators etc that the players are crap (as well as the rest of the nation) and none of it is his fault.
    The ones who buy it are suddenly over the moon when we beat Argentina.
    Looking back at the last 10/12 years or so, this is one of the leanest times as far as calibre of players goes and I don't expect us to be beating the ABS on a regular basis. But we should be putting away teams like Argentina and Scotland without too much bother. We're just not playing smart, controlled footy. I mean chips, & grubbers and up & unders - that smacks of desperation.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I am happy we won .. gee someone of you just can't be satisfied .. apart from their try which shouldn't have been allowed when their winger went into touch - I think both teams played exciting rugby, I'm happy they took it up to us, It was good for us to win with some grit and good for the Argies too!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    We're just not playing smart, controlled footy. I mean chips, & grubbers and up & unders - that smacks of desperation.
    Thing is, those tactics are being used against us. Even by the AB's. The difference is they chase & attack the high ball a whole lot harder. Even if they don't regain they do enough to disrupt our back 3, who always look tentative. AAC is the exception. Don't know why he gets bad raps - I think he's been one of our better ones.

Also, I think this mighty AB team is due for renewal. That's usually when we
    get some parity. With our current lot we look like missing this time. We are in danger of seeing NZ dominate right through to the next RWC
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Population of Queensland Dec 2011- 4.5 million.
    WA. - 2.5.

Your choice Tic:

1. You don't know how to use a calculator
    2. You don't know that per capita can mean in proportion as well as per head.
    3. You didn't know the respective population figures and didn't bother checking.

P.S. I should have read Sheik's post before I wrote that

But I'm gonna leave it anyway.
    Fair enough. I guess you have the luxury of that statistic when nearly all your state population lives in the town where the game is being played.

I didn't even read the crap that Growden wrote about the Subiaco test crowd (I avoid Growden's articles - life is happier that way), but just because he writes shit doesn't mean that it should be open season on attacking the Gold Coast crowd that was pretty reasonable considering the non-existent publicity for the game.

I'll give you one more statistic - Perth population 1.75 million, Gold Coast population 650000.

PS I am happy with the win but extremely unimpressed with the coaching plan. Robbie is obviously a fine super rugby level coach.

vCash
    The plan was fine, you just couldn't understand it, unless you speak Spanglish
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4