Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GAME DAY - SR2013 - #FORvCHE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    No idea about SNK but Cummo apparently still has "a niggle with his ankle".
    strange, cos I was reliably informed that he was moving ok on the dancefloor at chucky`s wedding last weekend

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    For next week I think we should keep the same starting pack except for Ma'afu. In the backs it would be worth giving Stubbs or Rasolea a shot ahead of Dellit. If we had good replacements, I'd also dump Stanley and Tupou.
    I thought stanley had a very good game James. Tackled everything(hard) and showed some gas to beat to beat their number 9 on the outside.

I agree with yoiur comment on Tupuo tho - never seems to know when to run or kick the ball back....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    strange, cos I was reliably informed that he was moving ok on the dancefloor at chucky`s wedding last weekend
    Lol :-D Maybe that's what did it!

Seriously though, Cummo's not been right since he arrived back in Perth after Christmas. Not sure why he's not firing on all cylinders.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    He was getting down okay for the players entrance music on Sat night.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Having just watched a replay, i can't fault the effort. The effort was huge and we controlled large amounts of the game. We just didn't execute when required. The cheetahs defensive desperation contributed to this aswell but mainly we didn't score the points we should have.
    Mafi's chase down and isolation and Godwins half break in the 1st half should have ended in tries as should have Godwins break in the 2nd half. Add in 2 penalty goals we should have kicked and that's potentially 27 points we left out there. All of a sudden that's a 37 -19 win. Until we become more ruthless in attack and convert these chances we will always leave ourselves vulnerable to these results.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Dodgy attack is a hallmark of a backline still developing combinations NTT, individuals (who were here last year) repeating the same mistakes that got half the backline released at the end of the year isn't a lack of familiarity, it's a lack of Huevos!

C'mon the

vCash
    Godwin may have been here last year but is still only 8 or 9 games into his super rugby career. Those plays will be converted next time he gets the opportunities because the experience will make sure he does.
    Mafi's chase down and turnover should have been converted into a try through patience and teamwork. Yes the Cheetahs killed the ball (yellow card for cynical play?) and we got the penalty, which we missed, but our big forwards should have won that ruck for us and allowed us to use the advantage accrued. Team mistake, not individual. A scrum in that corner with a 1st phase move or keep stretching them left to right was on due to our game control at the time.

The ruthless streak and clinical finishing is what we need to develop.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    I thought stanley had a very good game James. Tackled everything(hard) and showed some gas to beat to beat their number 9 on the outside.

I agree with yoiur comment on Tupuo tho - never seems to know when to run or kick the ball back....
    I am normally the one defending him but I thought he made far too many handling errors and kicked too often and badly. His tackling was good though.

Tupou has had 5 odd games at 15 now and he doesn't kick well, doesn't look good on the counter-attack and seems to do everything at a pedestrian pace.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Anyone know how big the crowd was?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash
    12,784 according to http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/rev...s-vs-cheetahs/

Fair report by G&GR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    12,784 according to http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/rev...s-vs-cheetahs/

Fair report by G&GR
    Yeah, btu he does start off by saying the Cheetahs were looking for a clean sweep on their travels. Did he not see the Chiefs beat the Cheetahs 45-3?

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Until we become more ruthless in attack and convert these chances we will always leave ourselves vulnerable to these results.
    As the players watch these chances go by you can almost see the panic setting in, going to take a while to turn the ship around.

Veteran
    vCash
    Stanley seemed to be involved a lot more than he used to, and made some great tackles. Hard tackles too. It is not often we have a hard defensive tackler, putting big blokes backwards. Hopefully his attack will come as the centres combine.

They seemed to have no shape when sias came off, i think Godwin struggled when moving from centre to 10, but we needed Hayward for his place kicking.

i unfortunately had to watch it on mute at a pub for a friends B'day, so i cannot comment too much on the over all game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    As the players watch these chances go by you can almost see the panic setting in, going to take a while to turn the ship around.
    The Cheetahs defence in the last 8 mins was brutal. Their defence had their backs up because we didn't put away our chances. We kept them in it and paid the price.
    I don't think panic was the entire problem, we have to be more patient and trust our systems in attack. We were trying to create front foot ball but were not creating it in the right areas. We went away from our wide game too which was effective early until we started to get to narrow in our front foot ball creating. Mafi was dynamite for two-thirds of the game then we stopped using him, Dellit was also a threat on most of his carries, we just didn't stick to what was working for us.
    I though Tupou at 15 had one of his best games for the Force. Positioning was good, counterattack was always his first option and made some good runs. Will continue to improve.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    The Cheetahs defence in the last 8 mins was brutal. Their defence had their backs up because we didn't put away our chances. We kept them in it and paid the price.
    I don't think panic was the entire problem, we have to be more patient and trust our systems in attack. We were trying to create front foot ball but were not creating it in the right areas. We went away from our wide game too which was effective early until we started to get to narrow in our front foot ball creating. Mafi was dynamite for two-thirds of the game then we stopped using him, Dellit was also a threat on most of his carries, we just didn't stick to what was working for us.
    I though Tupou at 15 had one of his best games for the Force. Positioning was good, counterattack was always his first option and made some good runs. Will continue to improve.
    One of those thing's isn't it as your confidence wanes your opponents confidence grows.
    There were a few moments in the game which if they had of gone our way we most likely would of won the game.
    Full credit should also be extended to the cheetahs as well, they hung tough when the run of play was going against them and took the opportunities that came their way.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast