Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force v Lions

Player
    vCash
    jantjies ....please no, not two left sided flyhalves in one team

maybe a simple game plan for the coach though, play to the left...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Take heart stejwill, don't forget we had a 10 playing his SECOND game and a 9 who only joined a month ago and not even played one whole game in total minutes. The team has ditched the RG game plan we have been lumbered with for two seasons, and basically started again only 4 games ago, and are now playing how we have begged them to....just not very well %)

Given the team is running on autopilot waiting to see how new coach pans out, I'm pleased with this aspect. I have no doubt we will see dramatic change with the new coach in every aspect.

I suspect the board thought we got no change with the appointment of RG, but in fact he implemented massive change - compared to Mitchell he was shit signings, shit retention, shit development, shit skills, shit game style, shit mindset.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Thankfully Qld supporters will now be copping all that shit.

Like I said I wasn't at the game but I've got a slightly positive feel just from seeing the change of playing style. Some of the less negative analyses of last night in this thread backs that up. Room enough for a little more faith folks.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm not sure expecting "return on investment" is conducive to building "Rugby culture"???
    Seem worlds apart to me.
    I'm also a foundation Member but feel no "ownership" for that investment, no matter how passionate I may be.
    I do hope on a weekly basis that players don't embarrass themselves or the State though...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I'm not sure expecting "return on investment" is conducive to building "Rugby culture"???
    Seem worlds apart to me.
    I'm also a foundation Member but feel no "ownership" for that investment, no matter how passionate I may be.
    I do hope on a weekly basis that players don't embarrass themselves or the State though...
    I see a return on investment or perhaps better expressed 'a return on faith shown' as part of the development of a strong rugby culture. I know it takes time but I sometimes wonder whether we are any further forward now in that respect to the point before the team arrived. The fault for that rests with those in charge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    The way I would express these sentiments is to say "they are making it bloody hard to support them."
    It's bad enough that they are losing, but the whole show appears so aimless and directionless from the outside that its hard to have hope. We don't seem to be devloping our own WA players, the best still seem to be looking elsewhere for opportunity.

Whole damn show needs to take a good long hard look at themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stejwill View Post
    Does 'TWF' have any connections to the powers that be. Do they know what the fans are thinking. If I was them I'd be reading sites like this. Obviously you don't knee-jerk react and do everything the fans suggest, but equally you ignore then at your peril.
    Posted via Mobile Device

you'd be surprised at how many people employed in some capacity by rugby WA read TWF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    The way I would express these sentiments is to say "they are making it bloody hard to support them."
    It's bad enough that they are losing, but the whole show appears so aimless and directionless from the outside that its hard to have hope. We don't seem to be devloping our own WA players, the best still seem to be looking elsewhere for opportunity.

Whole damn show needs to take a good long hard look at themselves.
    I guess that's the real issue out of last night. For me, they looked like a team coached by a committee. Sure they were trying to please the fans, but in every aspect, they looked like they weren't sure what each other were doing. I guess if you want to take positives out of the game, they are there, the running game was aggressive and speedy, the passing was (generally) slick and effective, the pack were ....... Ummmm ...... Massive, defense was ......... Sufficient.

For negatives, the running was aimless and cramped the outside runners, the ball was held at the wrong times and passed at the wrong times, and the gaping holes created by players like Mafi and rory were left unfilled by support runners who were sea gulling or simply running at the defender and not the gap.

Overall, it was pretty crappy, but the good sign is that, with the ministrations of a good coach, and an effective game plan, there is potential here. A 10 who can lead Ben through the Quade Cooper period he's in at the moment and a desire to test the line before kicking might just see us climb the ladder next year.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    you'd be surprised at how many people employed in some capacity by rugby WA read TWF
    I hope the message gets through. I sat there and got drenched the other week. I'm here long term as a supporter. I just hope someone's listening.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I hope the message gets through. I sat there and got drenched the other week. I'm here long term as a supporter. I just hope someone's listening.
    Posted via Mobile Device

we could be lions fans, and have seasons like this year in year out

vCash
    Me too....youngest grand-daughters 1st birthday....I'd definitely had too many by the time the game started....but let all the neighbors know there was a game on!

vCash
    I see a return on investment or perhaps better expressed 'a return on faith shown' as part of the development of a strong rugby culture. I know it takes time but I sometimes wonder whether we are any further forward now in that respect to the point before the team arrived. The fault for that rests with those in charge.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The problem as I see it is not so much that RugbyWA isn't working hard (though I agree that there are issues with the way it is managed), but more that the ARU does bugger all to back us or help us in any way. If the ARU seriously wanted to develop rugby union into a more national sport they would see the plight we are in over here and sort it out by doing something to try and fix it.

Instead they've hung us out to dry. And the reason, I think, is money. All the ARU seem to really care about is their financial bottom line, not the game itself, and certainly not the development and growth of the game in WA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    The problem as I see it is not so much that RugbyWA isn't working hard (though I agree that there are issues with the way it is managed), but more that the ARU does bugger all to back us or help us in any way. If the ARU seriously wanted to develop rugby union into a more national sport they would see the plight we are in over here and sort it out by doing something to try and fix it.

Instead they've hung us out to dry. And the reason, I think, is money. All the ARU seem to really care about is their financial bottom line, not the game itself, and certainly not the development and growth of the game in WA.
    We're the richest bloody state in Oz.
    What's FHQ doing to capitalise on this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    We're the richest bloody state in Oz.
    What's FHQ doing to capitalise on this?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    But aren't we limited by the ARU as to how much 3rd party investment we can bring in?? I thought there was a cap??

If not, I'm gonna write to Twiggy!! He was at Subi for the last international there - wearing a pair of very expensive crocodile skin boots as I recall!! - so he must have some interest in rugby union??? Surely??

Rookie
    vCash
    Who does the skills work for the force ? He should be hung ! And Ben Seymour better do a Johnny Wilkinson and spend xmas learning to kick if he wants to hang around.
    For some reason the EWF play better at speed or was I dreaming the last 20 minutes of the game. There was some good work by numerous players but it was individuals - not a team performance.
    Anyone else at the game see the lions open blind side defended by one or two tired forwards. What happened to lateral vision ? A win is a win no matter how ugly it is.

Come on Vern - do your due diligence, put your hand in your pocket and find us a coach ( don't take the cheapest guy) and lets get serious.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast