Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Tahs

Apprentice
    vCash
    Any team can have a bad decade - look at the Reds in days gone by

Pek - player of day - got to be kidding
    Wykes - what do they see in this guy ?
    Tackle coach needs to go back to tackle school
    Keiran (and I am a fan) what was with that pass - under 8's would have thrown a better left side pass

7 o/s players next season will it make a difference - maybe the selectors need to be sacked and start again there

Roll on 2014

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    The fact that a Waratahs B team is that good is evidence of the inequity the Force has to deal with. Even the Rebels were given a huge leg up. Wallaby top ups don't help. We are still largely a group of no-namers.

Sure there is huge potential in the likes of Godwin, Cottrell, Faulkner,... and it's great that so many have re-signed - but the Wallabies selected to face the Lions tells the story.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, the times we kept ball in hand and had a go, we actually looked good. It seems to transpire every game - in the last 15-20 minutes, when we are behind the 8-ball, we actually play some rugby. The fact that we kick SO MUCH MUST be a coaching directive. And after we work so hard to regain possession.

Foley has done enough for me so far, but we just need to be more discerning when we kick for territory, and get more creativity in counter attack and attack...!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceskin View Post
    Wykes - what do they see in this guy ?
    Did Wykes even play yesterday? He was the invisible man

Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    The fact that we kick SO MUCH MUST be a coaching directive.
    The shouting that is starting to come from the crowd every time we kick the ball away yesterday shows that a fair few people are getting fed up with it.

How many Super Rugby caps did the Waratahs B side have?

vCash
    what a gutting day out.
    I know Im not alone in saying that after all the talk of "saving our best team to take on an undermanned Tahs B-team" I expected a loss. Since is the way of such things.
    as per the thread so-far, I'd still buy the lads a pint down the pub if I saw them, but Id also ask them when they plan on changing this losing attitude...

at the end of the day, as long as we have rugby here in Perth, Ill be a member, and a fan, albeit I will groan when we punt a pointless box kick directly to the opposition 15 with no realistic chase given.

vCash
    the worse kick of the day was when delit has 40m space in front of him down the sideline.

A tah defender was coming across and he had a player on his inside. as well as the full back 40m away.

Instead of maybe pinning his ears and having a go or god forbid they used the old draw and pass he grubbered the ball down the line straight into the full backs hands the bloke didnt even have to move.

Kicking is fine. Brain dead kicking is not.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    no doubt all you mob will rip this to shreds, but my question is:

"Is Foley a hypnotist?!!"
    because after watching this video Ive lost a lot of fire in my belly and somewhat agree with him!? haha

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283RkAdyE1U"]POST GAME Press Conference: Emirates Western Force v Waratahs, Round 17 - YouTube[/ame]

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    "Is Foley a hypnotist?!!"
    A resounding "Yes!"

Champion
    vCash
    I will admit I agree as well. I think the match felt flat from the Force from the beginning sadly and they have played so much better. Seriously though the kicking has to stop - surely watching a match review no one could say otherwise!! It doesn't friggen work STOP doing it!!

vCash
    From that game we get -
    Goal kicking - 7 points missed plus other shots not taken as we don't have a goal kicker
    Field kicking - stop playing force backs and kick into the corners with a good chase
    Lineout - getting worse if anything. Main problem seems to be organisational - takes too long to get themselves sorted.
    Scrum - one of our better efforts (at least until Ma'afu came on)
    Maul - what is it about body height that is so hard to understand??
    Defence - lack of line speed, lack of intensity in contact. lack of communication in the back line (particularly wide). IIRC this is the responsibility of the 13....
    Discipline - giving away penalties in front of the posts is just stupid

None of these are new issues. None of these appear difficult to correct. What is it that I'm not understanding??

vCash
    I watch the Force because I love rugby, I would never hand my membership in no matter how bad they are. I'll just continue to drown my sorrow!
    We have the best bunch of supporters, I've had so many opportunities and met a group of great friends because of the Force, I'll never give them up!
    Roll on 2014!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    some of the things I noticed:
    Field Kicking - a number of times the kick for the corner was actually on, as the wingers had moved up or the fullback was out of position. Sias seemed to spot these instances and put the kick through. The execution was very poor though. In the end the kicks were either too short, allowing the fullback plenty of time to cover and return fire, or the kick was way off target and didn't go anywhere near the sideline. Given this happened numerous times I would reckon it is a strategy, but unfortunately the gameplan is poorly matched to the skills of the cattle available.

The second aspect to the field kicking is that it seems to be the first option EVERY FREAKING TIME! Instead of counter attack. I know our back three of Hayward, Dellit & Rasolea can all run, in fact the latter two are not good kickers at all. Sias has also shown on occasion that he can also take the ball to the line and split a fractured defence. Like others have mentioned, the crowd is getting pretty tired of the up-&-under every time we get gifted the ball back by opposition. I have no issue with playing a territory based game, but the players also need to look up and survey the situation a LOT better when they receive kicks in the back 3. there were many times when a lazy Tahs defensive line would have allowed easy metres, but the players took the wrong option every time.

The final aspect of our field kicking is that the chase looks non-existent, putting next to no pressure on the receiver. I looked a little closer at this during the match, and it is not entirely true, though it does at first look that way. there is a chase, but it seems they are favouring a cohesive defensive line chase rather than one/two fast chasers. It allows the receiver an easy few metres, but once they hit the defensive wall there are few gaps. I don't think this strategy is working for us though. I think we would be better off with a quick chase; having our wings after the kick like a scolded cat, with our quicker backrowers (Alcock & Hodgson) following up in support.

Goal Kicking - Still cruelling any chance we have of staying in the match/building pressure. Even the "easy ones" pretty close to in front are not going through. They need to give someone the tee over the break (don't care if it is Hayward/Holmes/Godwin) and tell them to keep practicing until they are nailing them from everywhere, every time.

Lineouts - not straight calls are killing us here. Tessman does a lot of work around the park, and scrums well, but if he can't get his throwing right then we have to look at other options.

Scrums - generally looked good. I thought both teams were pretty even in that sense.

Tom Carter - god I hate that guy. still hasn't learned how to pass and obviously learned nothing from Godwin's defensive display against Nonu 2 weeks ago.

Champion
    vCash
    It's time to address that bit between the ears. They have the fitness, weight, strength, speed and skill level to match it, but now need to couple that with aggression, willpower, discipline and smarts.

vCash
    oh, and anyone at the game notice the horse shit stench?!
    the North East corner had been covered in manure or some such, it stank like an agricultural fair in the shed (combined with the fire work smoke and it was like being at the royal show!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
    I know our back three of Hayward, Dellit & Rasolea can all run, in fact the latter two are not good kickers at all
    Paddy & Junior.... this is how a winger should kick! I like the look of our new winger

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YEWMRZDfU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YEWMRZDfU[/ame]

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Champion
    vCash
    And it took 25 mins to get a coffee.The 2 young girls at the coffee shop were working their butts off but little or no thought from those that have the coffee franchise, need to get told to step up a bit

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast