Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No Giteau, no force, no hope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    I think what you will find Jazza is that the players tend to play with a little bit more confidence and direction and quite possibly this will be evidenced on Saturday with Gits in the lineup which is pretty much what Ella's pointing out. No doubt we have talent, but whether we have the confidence and higher sense of direction without Gits is questionable.
    We will suffer the same fate on Saturday as we did against the Reds unless we control the breakdown!

Jesus Christ Almighty could play flyhalf and it wouldn't make a difference recieving ball from the ruck like last week!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Luke Burgess would be an asset at the Force

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Senior Player
    vCash
    In defence of Ella he has lambasted other teams in his column as well, especially the Waratahs and the Wallabies in the international season. I sometimes think his analysis is a bit naive though - a kind of nostalgic yearning for running rugby ignoring the professional era defences. I disagree with the Gits factor while acknowledging his genius. So much of rugby is about attitude, especially at the breakdown. We had it against te Blues (and they didn't) and the Stormers had it over us (and we didn't) as 2 examples. I would be concerned if the teams attitude revolved around who was running on with them at no 10.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Luke Burgess would be an asset at the Force
    Not happy at the Tahs is he? Don't blame him, it'd feel like a permanent guilt trip.

vCash
    Lote Tuqiri would be an asset at the Force

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    We already have a taxi shortage here

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    No Giteau, no force, no hope
    Mark Ella | April 20, 2008

I have never seen many wayward passes, dropped ball and clumsy play which is in stark contract to what we have seen from the Force for much of the season. There was no structure to their game and they lacked any sense of maturity and composure which made them look like a second rate outfit.
    Obviously he hasn't watched too many Force games this year. This has been our number one problem all year. We've only got the 4 try bonus once. How many times have we got great runs only for a knock on to happen a few metres out? How many times have we got a great individual effort only for the player to fall awkwardly in a tackle and end up getting a holding the ball penalty? How many times has a strange bounce resulted in a try the other way?

The Reds game is the one game all year where we have been beat by a team with a better game plan. The possesion in the first half was something like 65-35 for us. At the end of the game it was like 70-30 for the Reds. So if my math is correct that means we had the ball for all of 4 minutes in the second half. Since the Reds did all of their damage in the 2nd half, how exactly can the loss be blamed on our ball handling skills?

vCash
    Don't forget, Mark Ella wrote in The Australian (about 2 years ago) that the appointment of Eddie Jones as the Reds coach would be Qld rugby's salvation.

Meanwhile, Phil Mooney is only now starting to get Eddie's mess mopped up and move on with a rugby plan.

Mark Ella = zero credability.

vCash
    I'd take ours over yours
    Why is it a valuable antique? Maybe it contains some antique trophies? Not many for past glories over the Banana benders tho, eh? Please tell us what's in it, Chook.

But seriously, after last week's performance you have a real chance at putting a shiny new one in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    But seriously, after last week's performance you have a real chance at putting a shiny new one in there.
    The runners up medal or third place medal?

Actually do they give participation medals if you get into the finals....Tahs are prime to win one of those.

vCash
    Why is it a valuable antique? Maybe it contains some antique trophies? Not many for past glories over the Banana benders tho, eh? Please tell us what's in it, Chook.

Too numerous to name Shazza, why don't you list yours while I ruminate on this?

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    Too numerous to name Shazza, why don't you list yours while I ruminate on this?
    Now c'mon Chook you can't keep firing the same shot. We know we have a short history 2.5 seasons actually and we can handle that. The Tahs apparently have a glorious record. I'm just asking for a little detail.

PS. Sorry for hijacking your thread Laura. But Chook keeps biting.

vCash
    No worries Shasta...its not me biting for a change so get them while you can!

vCash

Wink

Now c'mon Chook you can't keep firing the same shot. We know we have a short history 2.5 seasons actually and we can handle that. The Tahs apparently have a glorious record. I'm just asking for a little detail.

PS. Sorry for hijacking your thread Laura. But Chook keeps biting.

Yeah, sorry for hijacking your thread, I hooked Shazza early on in the piece and I enjoy a little sport. You are free now Shazza!!

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    You are free now Shazza!!
    Awwwww shucks! Thanks Chook.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast