Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Quade Cooper charged with burglary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    so then there were two. I wonder if the "another guy" also belongs to the reds
    I doubt it - that would have been all over the media if it were the case.

I don't know - maybe it was a stupid drunken mistake. I hope for his sake that the QRU and ARU see it that way.

One way or another, Quade needs some serious mentoring.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am sick and tired of sport stars and public figures setting a bad example for kids.

I hope they suspend him from playing rugby until his court case. if he is then found not guilty then it should serve as a reminder to others not to go overboard. If he is found guilty he should fry.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I am sick and tired of sport stars and public figures setting a bad example for kids.

I hope they suspend him from playing rugby until his court case. if he is then found not guilty then it should serve as a reminder to others not to go overboard. If he is found guilty he should fry.
    so if he is found not guilty,he's guilty anyway

your A hard man to please Pieter

Champion
    vCash
    Surely he is innocent until proven guilty, isn't that how it works Fulvio?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    depends on whether you're talking law or justice...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash

Death penalty?

What we do know, is that he didn't hurt anyone, or rape anyone or participate in a gang bang.

What we also seem to know, is that he was stupidly drunk, incoherant and totally unaware of his whereabouts.

He is only 21 and he appears to have made some serious error of judgment. Perhaps he deserves some leniency - and a final warning.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Cant punish him for something they havent proven he has done yet. His previous pranks have been stupid young stuff that a lot of people including myself have done in the past.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    so if he is found not guilty,he's guilty anyway

your A hard man to please Pieter
    What I was trying to say is that the suspension should serve as a warning to others to stay away from situations like he got himself in to.

vCash
    thats ludicrous and completely unfair, to punish somone based on the pretense they could be guilty and not proven guilty is a dangerous road to head down, they would have a very hard time justifying that legally as well, RUPA and Quade's lawyers would be more then open to the task of challenging any such ruling

Just think about it, say Quade is 100% innocent and this has been a massive misunderstanding, yet you still want them to suspend him until the court case proves him so, what kind of message is that going to send to the rest of the players apart from 'watch your back'.

In a managerial position you will learn PB that making a example and ridiculing someone to send a message to the rest of your employees is not a very good tactic. You see it used by people who have no concept of man-managment, in this sort of situation if the ARU were to stand by Quade yet still reprimand him, it would send out a even more powerful message to the players.

vCash
    It's one thing to be innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, but sadly I think that is only part of the issue. If he is found not guilty in a court of law, does that undo the 'bad press' that his behaviour has caused? Whatever happened that night has attracted a lot of media attention. The food fight didn't result in anyone going to court but it made the papers for the wrong reasons.
    He may be found not guilty of the charges, as laid by the police, but may well be guilty of putting himself in a classic conduct unbecoming position.

Good luck QC, I hope it's all just a big kooky, zany misunderstanding!

Rookie
    vCash
    This is the third "reported" transgression , it appears the previous warnings haven't had the desired effect. How lucky the unit was unoccupied eh? The victim here is not some drunken footballer thinking he's above the law.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Even if the law adjudges him to be "not guilty" he is still guilty of being a dick.
    I don't care his age, he has signed on the dotted line to stand by the contract that allows him to make twice as much coin as his non-pro mates.
    Not only does he portray a lousy example by his actions, in my eyes he gives a worse one if he's not man enough to front up and take responsibility for those actions, pissed or otherwise.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    ... in my eyes he gives a worse one if he's not man enough to front up and take responsibility for those actions, pissed or otherwise.
    To me, that's probably the biggest problem, but it's difficult to say anything that doesn't sound weazely when you're not supposed to say anything at all (are lawyers really the best people to write press statements?)

Wallabies get paid not just to wear the jersey but to represent it, every hour of every day, and it's a big call to ask a young bloke never to just be a normal young Aussie bloke because he's a Wallaby. It seems to me that, rightly or wrongly, we will always have these headlines while we demand strict codes of conduct from what are young male human beings. (Not that that means Quade wasn't being a complete dick - who drinks until they're that stupid? I'm not a Quade fan, but should he be keel-hauled just for being a complete dick? Isn't that how buck's nights go? Haven't we had this same discussion on previous occasions?)

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    He is only 21 and he appears to have made some serious error of judgment. Perhaps he deserves some leniency - and a final warning.
    He can hope he gets Justice Heenan

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash
    the sentiment towards wallabies getting arrested on the gold coast seems to have changed remarkably since JOC was arrested there last year

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast