Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rocky v Dogs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

When it comes to being shafted by RugbyWA, Rockingham have always been the cabin boy of local rugby.
    Have to agree with you there. Have any Force players actually played for Rocky?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    K Bomb

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Ryan tyrell

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'd hazard a guess he meant those from elsewhere, not home grown...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player
    vCash
    This will be an ongoing problem with splitting games between Friday night and Saturday. There will always be a temptation, especially for the home club to get some first grade players to have a second run if they feel like it.

Senior Player
    vCash
    "Dunno how you'll ever stop poaching."

That's a very defeatest attitude Hansie. I know you can do it if you really apply yourself.

Every time you see a good player from another club just avoid the temptation to go for your wallet. A good psychologist may be able to treat you. Not sure if they have the equivalent of AA for poachers.

C'mon Hansie, we know you can do it; you can avoid the evil poaching temptation. You'll have the support of all the twf members (except BDG and Darkness) in conquoring your addiction. Best wishes.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 10-07-12 at 13:59.

Player
    vCash
    No force players accept the ones we gave them at rocky but what else would you expect from rugbywa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    No force players accept the ones we gave them at rocky but what else would you expect from rugbywa
    That's piss poor. You have top clubs that don't even need force players and yet are still getting 'allocated' them and struggling clubs that desperately need them get sod all. I don't know what agreements RugbyWA have in place with the Force players, but certainly not a fair system. I suppose the players can't be forced to play for a club.

Champion
    vCash
    Zed that's right.
    From memory all clubs were allocated players in the early days of the Force. However RugbyWA could not enforce that and players choose where they want to go. Unless they are sent back to Sydney or course

Last edited by wholetruth; 10-07-12 at 14:42.

Champion
    vCash

westie man

How come the roodogs have basically the force forward pack ,wara and stanley in the backs .The sugar daddy could perhaps shed some light on this

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think if I lived in the Cott-City Beach-Subiaco triangle I wouldn't want to be driving to Rockingham or Wanneroo to train and play either.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    How come the roodogs have basically the force forward pack ,wara and stanley in the backs .The sugar daddy could perhaps shed some light on this

vCash
    The Force have been given a third o/seas player in their quota now, but club rugby is still open to play as many Force contracted players as they can get hold of.
    Why are there no boundaries within competition club rugby using simple criteria against the different levels of EWF contracts, that would prevent this kind of situation?
    It's understandable that some may head back to the Sydney competition but for players remaining in WA some equitable solution may mean a level playing field when it comes to finals rugby - timing means that a club can use several professional players for a run of 3/4 games and see some continuity in the team coming. Not the most equitable solution is it?

vCash
    I think the bottom 4 teams from the previous year should get the lions share of the Force players, allowing the premiers to field 3+ force players against the cellar dwellers fielding 0 Force players is ludicrous. If the players refuse to play for the clubs then they don't play at all.

Last edited by zed; 11-07-12 at 10:24.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    The Force have been given a third o/seas player in their quota now, but club rugby is still open to play as many Force contracted players as they can get hold of.
    Why are there no boundaries within competition club rugby using simple criteria against the different levels of EWF contracts, that would prevent this kind of situation?
    It's understandable that some may head back to the Sydney competition but for players remaining in WA some equitable solution may mean a level playing field when it comes to finals rugby - timing means that a club can use several professional players for a run of 3/4 games and see some continuity in the team coming. Not the most equitable solution is it?
    I think the reason why its a free for all is becuase of some sort of RUPU(players union) clause in their contract which states that RWA nor any rugby board can tell a player which Local club he is to play for. I guess with a comp like the Shute shield and the one in QLD this is needed so they can play for there own local club. But this is a bum deal here in perth where clubs who can afford to get the force players do so and the others are left empty handed.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast