Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Forceful Stadium Demands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    "You only get 22k to a match? No need for a new stadium!"
    Using that logic noone would be talking about building a new footy oval either.

"You only get 45k??? Subi's the perfect size!"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    They are only talking about it so far.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    And how long has the AFL already been effectively sold out with long waiting lists, and how long will it have been before the upgrade is complete? If we take an upgrade to 22,000 (and I am not saying that we shouldn't, 'cos I'll get mine), it will be easily five years before they will accept that an upgrade to 25,000 is required and at least another seven after that to 30,000. All the way along it will be "Well, if you want more, use Subi".

The big question in my mind is whether we will see any waiting lists once we post the house full sign. The AFL is fuelled by the games visibility even when you can't attend. Once you can't attend the rugby we'll be relying on what, people stumbling across the game on Fox and developing an interest? When there is no point advertising because there is no tickets, will anyone even know it is on?

vCash
    one way or another they will be getting more be it through new multi-purpose monstrosity or re-developed Subiaco
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    And how long has the AFL already been effectively sold out with long waiting lists, and how long will it have been before the upgrade is complete? If we take an upgrade to 22,000 (and I am not saying that we shouldn't, 'cos I'll get mine), it will be easily five years before they will accept that an upgrade to 25,000 is required and at least another seven after that to 30,000. All the way along it will be "Well, if you want more, use Subi".

The big question in my mind is whether we will see any waiting lists once we post the house full sign. The AFL is fuelled by the games visibility even when you can't attend. Once you can't attend the rugby we'll be relying on what, people stumbling across the game on Fox and developing an interest? When there is no point advertising because there is no tickets, will anyone even know it is on?
    Totally agree Andy, that is the problem that most here seem to be willing to overlook.
    A move to MES will see Union once more become the red headed stepson of WA sport.
    Despite any/all of it's problems, while we are at Subiaco we are on the big stage and seen by the community at large.
    And while we have spare seats, on any given match day the next five year old Pocock might just ask his Dad if he can watch a match.
    Subiaco or other large stadium answer: "Sure son, we can get a ticket at the gate."
    MES answer: "Sorry son, they are always sold out. How about we go watch the footy instead?"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    the father in that scenario obviously has a good paying job so he can pay the scalpers big dollars.

Tickets to AFL games here in Perth go on sale the Monday two weeks before the game and always sell out within the first hour they are on sale.

The attendance figures not showing sell outs at Subi this year was due to Members not turning up. The non-member area is the 4 or 5 blocks behind the goals at the city end of the ground and they are always full.

I got to ticketmaster at 6am earlier this year to get tickets to Swans vs Drug Dealers, was 2nd in line. They sold out in about 20ish minutes

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    OK then insert Synchronized Diving instead

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    OK then insert Synchronized Diving instead
    I didn't think that Rugby had to compete with the V8 Supercars

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Diving has what to do with Super Cars???

I think you could insert any other sport than Rugby and Rugby misses out.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Diving has what to do with Super Cars???

I think you could insert any other sport than Rugby and Rugby misses out.
    oops i mis-read what you had before. Still even the V8's are after money to upgrade Barbegello raceway or to put in a street circuit here in Perth

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    the father in that scenario obviously has a good paying job so he can pay the scalpers big dollars.

Tickets to AFL games here in Perth go on sale the Monday two weeks before the game and always sell out within the first hour they are on sale.
    Sorry assumption was made that having expressed a view to the future that AFL had already got their increased capacity while Union was still getting shafted.
    Didn't think I'd need to spell it out.
    But as Flame says, insert any other sport it doesn't matter, the fact is if kids in their formative years can't be involved with a minority spor, they will generally start following sports where they can be involved and rub shoulders with the stars every other week.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Sorry assumption was made that having expressed a view to the future that AFL had already got their increased capacity while Union was still getting shafted.
    I'm sorry you were the one who did point out that they haven't got their increase yet

I have re-read your last post and fail to see where "the view to the future" is. You said nothing about a revamped subi, only about a possible Force move to MES

Last edited by jargan83; 21-10-08 at 15:46.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Black

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post

Just Clarifying, RugbyWA are talking about an upgrade to 25,000 not 22,000 you might have mixed up the original plan and the current plan. The extra 3000 seats will make a big difference in the long run. 22,000 is just over our lowest 5 crowds, 25,000 is just below our lifetime average and higher than most of our current crowds. The advantage of such a move would be that memberships would grow to come close to filling the stadium. If anybody says that having no ticket window to make available for any match because all of your available seating is taken by your membership is going to make a poor business case for an upgrade could you please explain to me exactly how that works, because I think it's the best option available to sell the stadium out before the end of Novemeber the year before you start playing!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If anybody says that having no ticket window to make available for any match because all of your available seating is taken by your membership is going to make a poor business case for an upgrade could you please explain to me exactly how that works,
    We are really going over old ground here, but GIGS makes the relevant point.

Those of us who put some time into the petition did so to raise awareness of the dissatisfaction with Subi Oval and the imperative of a rectangular home for our team. Where the resolution of that goes is a matter for government and the governing bodies of the sports concerned. Let's just deal with the realities as they arise & wait and see what they come up with. Then anyone who does not like it can then set about doing something about that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast