Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: who to vote for in the coming election?

vCash
    libs for me....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I just wish the election would hurry up and be over so we can bring to an end all of this pork-barrelling by both parties !

Every time I turn on the news both of them are promising to throw more of my tax dollars at different groups and demographics in an effort to buy their votes.

Sadly, I have become disillusioned with both parties.......

vCash
    I vote for the Chasers - yes we Canberra !

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Rex, you seriously need help.

No, seriously.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Election update

grumble grumble...

No country in the world that has the right to vote would put up with the incompetence of the Rudd/Gillard debacle of the last 3 years

Fuel watch. Wasted millions of tax payers money. Big white elephant. failed

Grocery watch. Wasted millions of tax payers money. Big white elephant. failed

The education revolution. etc

Home insulation debacle. etc.......

etc

Gillard has run her election campaign along the same lines as her University politics days where she was elected University President after a food fight in the cafeteria.

None of thes eleft wing deadsh1ts have ever run a business, have had to manage a budget or have the slightest clue what a Profit and Loss statement is.

they intend to spend 43 billion dollars of tax payers money on a broadband project which will be obsolete by the time they have finished the bluep metc........

Clueless morons

Tetc

It's a farking circus.

There is no decision to be made.

This government has to go.

This is the worst government in the history of Australia.

Neck up. Vote them out

But they did apologise....

And the 2020 summit was good....an actress came...wasnt that good?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    libs for me....
    Biggest problem with voting libs is you'll get current members of the Liberal party in office

Go the Ranga!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yes we can't have Julia out of office and working at McDonalds....

they already have a red headed clown.

vCash
    I'd prefer it if we heard some policies, from either side, but I don't think I've heard a single policy in the Liberal ads.

"We'll stop the boats" and "We'll reduce the debt" are not policies - they're aspirations. How will you stop the boats? How will you reduce spending?

I've heard more policies from the Greens than either Lib or Lab.

vCash
    oh so true Sheikh.

Rex i sort of agree with a lot of what you said however there is one thing i dont agree with:
    they intend to spend 43 billion dollars of tax payers money on a broadband project which will be obsolete by the time they have finished the blueprint. they have no business plan for it's construction or operation and seem to be ignorant that the future suggest a wireless service is the more likely technology to develop.
    Fibre to the home IS the solution for a great many of australia's woes. It will provide jobs (who do you think is going to dig all those damn trenches? ) provide Broadband access to the country rather than just metro area's...
    yes they do have a blueprint.. ive seen the documents that control the rollout, how the service is to be utilised, the timelines and have also been involved at a high level in the development of the technology that is being used.
    Wireless? are you kidding me.. sounds like youve been swallowing all that crap that Tony Smith has been shovelling out... Ask anyone with a wireless connection that uses it for more than simply checking facebook and theyll tell you its crap compared to standard ADSL (and thats CRAP compared to Fibre) - oh and what do you think all those towers use to get your "wireless" signal connected to the rest of the internet.. oh thats right FIBRE!

the biggest thing about the initiative is that ALL your home telecommunication needs can be met by the one service. Foxtel, terrestrial TV, phone, broadband hell even your home alarm can be run from it. its not just a broadband internet service.

think of the benefits,
    1) doctors get instant access to medical data /xrays/live video feeds/patient monitoring from home etc..
    2) Schools get broadband access for ALL staff and students without paying the earth for multiple connections.
    3) mums & dads get affordable paytv (fetch tv) Free local & national phone calls , high speed internet, gaming access for the kids etc .. all without compromise and can all be used simultaneously.
    4) businesses will be able to conference with clients/partners etc via video link rather than just phone, they can transfer data along the connection without worrying about ditsy Janet at reception, slowing down the internet because she wanted to check out that funny youtube clip of the piano playing cat (not that she should be- but you get my point)

and those are just the benefits i can think of while writing this... there are MANY more!

Im not a Labour supporter but Australia needs this NBN sooner rather than later, a 120 year old copper network is not sustainable in the digital age regardless of what the Baby boomers think.

Last edited by zimeric; 12-08-10 at 08:53.

vCash

Neck up. Vote them out
    Jeez Rex, you sure have a head of steam up over this one.

I'll take it for granted that you are so worked up that you are actively doing something about the situation, rather than just ranting politics on a Rugby forum. Hate to think you are about as genuine with this as Chiselhead was with our stadium. He was supposedly organising a bunch of corporate white nights to jet into town and build it with some of their profits.

Last edited by shasta; 12-08-10 at 09:58.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'm afraid my vote has to go to whoever can keep labor out. It's a bit like getting a choice between Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles to do your interior decorating and giving your vote to Stevie cos he's alive. The Ranga's dangerous and now we've got labor muppet Allannah Mctiernan running again, boasting about the success of the Mandurah railway project!! Call me old fashioned but in my line of business, any manager who comes in over budget and behind schedule usually means your arse is quickly out the door. Much quicker if you tell your boss how successful it was. Unfortunately this has been labor's track record on everything so far and if they get in again it will be more of the same. Such a pity the mad monk's the only option. We're rooted I tell you, rooted. Bring back Maggie Thatcher (before she went a wee bit crazy) The sh*t people fall for is amazing, especially when they start believing people who believe their own spin in the press. Rooted....

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Surely the Libs can do better than the mad monk

If the Libs win,Abbott's reign as Pm will be shorter than Rudd's!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    But Tony Abbott? Come on, seriously?

Sure one person doesn't make a party but to make someone so hyper-conservative the face of your party says quite a lot. Also Julie Bishop is a bitch. No respect for anyone who could stand Peter Nattrass little own be in a relationship with him. I'm surprised Tony isn't in Julie's ear about them getting married and not living in sin.

Vote Green.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Vote Green.
    Catch 22 then as the Greens have given their preferences to Labor

Agree regarding Reichsmarshall Bishop though

She just looks evil

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Less politics.

More rugby.