Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Henjak's stellar performance v Samoa

vCash
    It is an insult, but a backhanded one so not too offensive...We really do need to address the perpertrators of this action, and let them know what we think of it...Sort of expected in AFL matches, not Rugby matches, we are much more cultured than that...1000 posts for me, wooo hooo...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Well you made your 1000th a goodun so well done.

Yeah I'm sorry for my comment but I wanted to get across how uncivilised it really is. The worst I've heard from Tahs fans is booing the choice to go for 3 points instead of a 4th try in the 2005 season finale. A try would have given us home field advantage in the grand final. I didn't agree with the booing but I understand it. But booing a player is very much frowned upon.

As I was saying a page ago, voicing your opinions about someone is pretty much expected, but you have to support your team during the game.

vCash
    Henjak did all right. His passing game is still error prone, but he wasn't alone there -- quite a few passes went astray. The emphasis was clearly on quick and creative play and it worked most of the time. Henjak looked good with the ball in hand though and with a bit more confidence there could be a real asset.

He was much improved in last year's post-season games and in fact I gave him man of the match against Toshiba. If the supporters get off his back with this ridiculous cheering when he is subbed, he has every opportunity of showing that class is permanent and form is temporary.

Champion
    vCash
    well said.^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Gould
    OK.....the truth must be told!

I was sitting right next to Ecky and Nick (not his real name BTW)
    Ok Roger, I shall now reveal more:

Clearly your User ID is a pseudonym, and I can reveal my "mate" is similar in nature - although his is not a pseudonym but rather a Nick Name....

I crack myself up sometimes

Anyway, I was there, I was with a mate, his name may or may not be Nick.

Back to the whole Henjak thing but.

Surely he came here to be the starting scrum half and put his name up in front of the Wallabies selectors as The Next Big Thing? I put it to you that he didn't take his ample opportunities last year. He apparently did so in APC games and yes, I saw a couple of the Force Gold v Japanese and he went quite well.

BUT shouldn't he be a start behind the Force pack in S14?

I assume he will be used similarly to George; play for 60 or so and then let the reserve come on, depending on the state of the game. If so then he should (a) play his heart out so he is knackered when replaced, and (b) play to Mitch's game plan. Seems to - and probably Nick - that (b) might be his shortcoming.

Interesting to see the debate I started, and yes I also agree we should all be right behimd all 22 of the Force players who take the field. It's probably because we expect so much from Henners/The Henj that he disappoints us so.

vCash
    He did not in the APC game V the Tahs, I an assure you of this. All I hear about is he played well against two clearly subpar japanese teams.

We'll know by next Friday if he's improved.

vCash
    I wouldn't boo him
    When he runs on I genuinely want him to do well.......but he doesn't
    I'm sick of the rubbish he delivers
    With the quality in the backline this year we need a 9 that will get them clean ball

vCash
    I thought the whole reason we recruited was that he made Gregan look slow and un-crisp (I may have just made that word up..) when he came on as Mr 15 Minutes, so this was his opportunity to show he could do it from the 1st minute.

I genuinely hope he has a blinder of a season and gets put on the list of those who must be looked after so he can play in RWC07.

But he'll have to extract the digit from what I've seen so far.

vCash

Thumbs down

What a moronic suggestion. Leave that sort of claptrap to the soccer crowds. What Henners needs is support, not the sort of rubbish your mate is suggesting. If he is anywhere near me in the crowd, I will show him the best place for his sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecky
    I went to the game with a mate and, as we we arriving and finding the optimum viewing spot in General Admission (ain't Member's Equity so much better than Subi), we were discussing how Connolly had said in the week that Henjak was still in the mix for Wallaby selection, he just had a crap 2006 season. I suggested he may well finally realise that he needs to let his performances on the park tell the tale.

So, there I was looking for a new, you-beaut performance from #9, but was yet again disappointed. And I seem not to have ben the only one, judging by the cheers when O'Young replaced him.

My mate (NIck) plans on creating a banner for the Force S14 games that says "You Idiot Henjak" (with the "Henjak" part in some sort of clown font) and holding it aloft when he performs below expectations. He expects to get tired arms initially but to have huge muscles by season's end.

Question: Is Nick too harsh? Feedback welcome!

vCash
    At the end of the day, Henners is crap. We need to admit it for resolution and closure so that we can all move forward together. First grade for Cottesloe is a bit too much for him.

Henners is rubbish

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Chiselhead, save your venom until the first few weeks of the season have passed, by which time Henjak will either perform under true competition conditions, or not. I too am put off by multicoloured hair, patronising attitude, whining to the referee, and all else that goes with too much money,an inflated ego and no responsibilities. But the brat is a talented potential champion and his pride will oblige him to step up, if only to ram it up his critics, such as yourself.
    I doubt you will have much to criticize in a few weeks. Therefore remain a chiselhead, dont become a knobhead by remaining fixated in your opposition to him.

vCash
    Nicely put Fulvio

I really hope you are right and we can all say what a champ he is after a few short weeks into the S14 season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    Chiselhead, save your venom until the first few weeks of the season have passed, by which time Henjak will either perform under true competition conditions, or not. I too am put off by multicoloured hair, patronising attitude, whining to the referee, and all else that goes with too much money,an inflated ego and no responsibilities. But the brat is a talented potential champion and his pride will oblige him to step up, if only to ram it up his critics, such as yourself.
    I doubt you will have much to criticize in a few weeks. Therefore remain a chiselhead, dont become a knobhead by remaining fixated in your opposition to him.
    Henners is too soft. He is slow. His kicking is a disgrace. he can't tackle.
    I am a Force supporter but Henners just isn't up to it.
    I advise all the Henjackphiles to watch out for Josh Holmes. he has built up to 95Kg and is the fastest number 9 in Australia. This kid may be Australia's halfback for the world cup. He is that good. We bought his brother who is a hooker and likes pies. Henners is a pretender

Pull your head out of the sand

vCash
    Nobody has there head in the sand chiselhead, all we are trying to say is lets all wait and see what happens next week, you may well be right...But it is still not right to boo your own player, no matter how ridiculously bad they play, Mitch obviously sees something in him or O`young would already have the role....
    And nothing wrong with liking pies either...
    You are definately passionate in your dislike of Henjack, but hold off till next weekend, and if he does have a shite game you may well feel vindicated....I too have my doubts on his ability, but am holding my toungue in the belief it may come together for him...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead
    At the end of the day, Henners is crap. We need to admit it for resolution and closure so that we can all move forward together. First grade for Cottesloe is a bit too much for him.

Henners is rubbish

like your subtle approach old boy

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast