Poll: It's OK to boo :

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Booing ?

vCash
    Booing is mindless and is never right! If you listen to the comments bandied about during a game - they vary from the educated, well exprerienced shout from an ex or current player - or educated fan - who knows what he/she is talking about.......to the totally uninformed 'mooing' noise coming from those who do not have the knowledge to add words to their utterances! Lets not let ourselves down eh?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    mememo ... i have booed ... and im sure i will do it again ... im not proud ... but ... im still a smart educated person ... who likes to cut loose sometimes ... (please no one pick me up on my spelling ... okay it was my downfall but hey those english teachers didnt know what they were doing!!!)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    Or my Personal Favorite; "They've been doing it all day Ref" - works particularly well within the first 5 minutes of play.
    That's pretty much been my stock standard for the first opposition penalty of the day for the last five years....and I do have a loud voice

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Those %'s do not add up...

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Hey people,

Advice can be yelled, I reckon, constructively of course. I dont really agree with any booing, but advice definately. As has been already pointed out booing sets a bad example to the kids in terms of appreciating good play regardless of who does the play.

Mistakes happen so a refs decision should be respected even if I disagree or its wrong, mistakes are going to happen sometimes in favour of your team and sometimes the otehr way around but it all evens out and its not as if an official does it on purpose.

Where do all the young refs come from? Ground roots clubs/games, so that links to my other point that if booing at amateur games ( I think someone may have mentioned this as well) should really be unacceptable as this discourages those who are part of the 'infrastructure' so to speak.

Obviously any remarks about heritage, gender etc are also unacceptable (towards players, officals, fans) but good natured jibes I reckon is fine especially if it raises a laugh and/or particulary clever which is hard to do after a few ales (which should attract extra appreciation)!

After all that I voted for no booing at all!

cheers
    chook

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmarn
    Those %'s do not add up...
    This one is a multi choice Shaun, so (I think) it is displaying the percentage of voters to have voted for that item, even if they also voted for another option.....hope that made sense

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    rightio

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Ok - well I am a man that is very passionate against bad sportsmanship. I belive 'booing' is never accepted at any time during a professional game and should be illegal at a young (U/5 - U/19) game. The way opinions should be expressed through wit. I belive that is what divides Rugby from other sports, and the fact that it is becoming a part of Rugby up-sets me.

I find football to be an 'interesting' sport... I really don't find it entertaining, and the sportsmanship is terrible. For instance, one of my friends was at the recent derby, and she informed me that Peter Belle got the man of the match, and because it was an Eagles home match, the whole crowd started shouting "Peter's a wanker!" he then followed by giving the crowd the finger. Just 2 examples of bad sportsmanship, in the same game, 20 or so seconds from one another.

I play rugby for Subi U/13 and on occasions, we will have someone from the sideline yell something at the ref. its normally the right thing, but the person that yells it is forgetting that the ref is normally the same age as the person making the offence.

Apprentice Contributor
    vCash
    go the boo, but dont curse

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Booing is a worldwide phenomenon, in all sporting codes. Its here to stay, if we like it or not!

vCash
    Yeah - its a good point, but its people like me that are going to keep it to the a minimum

vCash
    Booing is wrong, but I've done it a couple of times, so I'm also guilty, but in defense it was shocking decisions by the ref.

vCash
    Well yeah - ill agree with that.. i have booed once or twice, but it was a while ago, and only at a refs bad descision.

Rookie
    vCash
    I find football to be an 'interesting' sport... I really don't find it entertaining, and the sportsmanship is terrible. For instance, one of my friends was at the recent derby, and she informed me that Peter Belle got the man of the match, and because it was an Eagles home match, the whole crowd started shouting "Peter's a wanker!" he then followed by giving the crowd the finger.
    i think you'll find they didnt boo peter bell at all when he got man of the match it was when farmer shot a goal and acted like a complete tool that they said farmer's a wanker......but anyway thats just a derby for you.....we all knew that bell would get it, he was obviously the best on ground

i personally would only boo an umpire if it was a completely obvious call that everyone can see except the ref, sometimes they can be really blind

ill tell you what i cant stand though......booing people as they go OFF the ground, that really pisses me off

vCash
    well what ever... my point stil stands... football sucks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast