Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Force Thump 'tahs in Sydney

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Very balanced report....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Doesn't the headline balance the report TEF?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In Black View Post
    Your doggies are off to a flyer
    All down to tje coach. Well according to the experts. Personally I think it's down to Frank the tank giving more grunt on the left edge, Barba really growiing into a top class FB and Casiano realising what a bloke his size can do. The coach probably instilled the confidence they all.seem to be showing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    A good effort by the Force - not overly inspiring but great to get a win and points more importantly.

Although i didnt see all the game the Tah's defensively werent too bad, they kept us out and we had significantly more possession.

Lets hope this is a stepping stone in the right direction and RG can get some more cohesion, passion and fitness out of them.

vCash
    Phil Kearns and the other"one eyed" cronies, should be ashamed of themselves for the so called "calling" of that game! It was the worst example of unprofessional conduct I have heard since the last time they attempted to "call a game"!!! How on earth do they keep their jobs ...goodness me! I turned the sound off for most of the 2nd half....when Mumm got sent off ..one would hope Kearns' comments were tongue in cheek!...did we really need to know who wore a 'rattail' in their hair, and what they have now in the way of a hairstyle??....PLLLEEEAse! Spare us anymore of their utter twaddle.....crikey! PLONKERS! Fox Sports why do you pay these morons every darned week! LOSERS!

vCash
    I actually thought their call of Mumm's yellow card was pretty reasonable, it looked like a soft one to me, the only justification I could come up with was that it was a penalty for the same offense about a minute after the last one.

Their call of the Ashley-Cooper no try on the other hand was abysmal, the more I watch it on replay, the more obvious it is to me that Horne was the one making contact and taking Sidey out of the game. He even dropped the shoulder to make sure of it! To still be whining about it the next morning was over the top.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash

Question MOTM

Just woindering who u reckon the MOTM was last weekend there was some great efforts there wa alot of work done in the tight.

For me: Cottrell, this guy will be a Wallabie soon

MOTM reserves: Browny i thought he really wanted his position back with some great hits

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Pocock. If he wasn't kicking ass at the breakdown, the Tahs wouldn't have kicked away possession, badly, all night. Nathan Sharpe is a close second.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Pocock. If he wasn't kicking ass at the breakdown, the Tahs wouldn't have kicked away possession, badly, all night. Nathan Sharpe is a close second.
    Yeah, Sharpie was all over it, all night. getting across the gainline nearly every time he touched the ball. Looked like he found the Fountain of Youth!

And that tip pass for Wara's try...?

vCash
    For me.....has to be somebody in the front row. They scrummed against the current Wallaby front row and held their own very well, even winning a tight head if I remember correctly.

For me, Pocock and Sharpe were expected performances, Cotterell has been building and wasn't too much of a surprise, but for general playing-out-of-your-skin-ness I'd have to settle on either Cheese or Pekka.

C'mon the

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Just woindering who u reckon the MOTM was last weekend there was some great efforts there wa alot of work done in the tight.

For me: Cottrell, this guy will be a Wallabie soon

MOTM reserves: Browny i thought he really wanted his position back with some great ahits

If the POTY voting is anything to go by, Pocock followed by Sharpe, Harvey, Hodgson and Cowan POTY Voting Round 4

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I still haven't seen the game but have read some articles about it.

They all pretty much decribe it as a woeful spectacle, pretty goshdarn tedious, and the least worst team won.

Discuss.
    Ecky - this is a little late, but as I said in another post, I travelled to Sydney to watch the game and from my viewpoint, we completely controlled the game (pretty sure the % possession testifys to this). I was so confident at halftime, that I tried to get a bet on at $5, but ultimately failed.

I know we have had a lot of possesion in previous matches, but always felt that we could turn it into points this time.

Mind you - I was completely hammered at the game and I'm a one-eyed fan !!!

vCash
    Haven't been able to post for a while - currently at Sydney airport for flight to Melb (original flight cancelled - sounds familiar!)

Hi to those I met before the game: Shasta, Exile, Mel & Bel, Swee's folks, etc.

Dave Harvey had a great game. For those who said he was slow - he looks like he hasn't got a top gear, but his acceleration is excellent. Might make him a better 10 than 15, but he's able to step-evade pretty well and has a good boot.

The boys did fantastically last Sat. However, we surely can't continue to have 66% possession and territory and only win by a point. we're going to have to turn that dominance into convincing wins down the line.

Have to say that while the banter with the Tahs fans around us on sat wasn't bad, we did get some stuff chucked at us late in/after the game. Poor loosers.

Jargs, rhonda & Elf, plus anyone else in Melbourne tonight, are we meeting up?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4