Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New stadium to be built in Kitchener Park

vCash
    In a few years time if the Force show they are a viable business and get some success I think the only way we will get a rectangular stadium is to approach Emirates and/or Firepower to see if they can help bankroll a stadium, there's no use relying on the government to do us any favours...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Found this site. Different perspective and a bunch of pictures.

New Perth stadium to be built at Kitchener Park - SkyscraperCity
    NB One picture of the rectangular configuration....the stadium looks completely different, If those rectangular stands are more than 10 metres in from the oval boundary I'll eat my own ass and if they are the same stands as the oval configuration, they will be overhung by the second tier when retracted.....is this likely to be the case? Engineers out there, how stucturally feasible is this, when the entire second tier would need to be cantilevered to make the retraction work?

Maybe the increase in cost is to cover the second set of seating which is required to make this vision complete (kind of like a drop-in pitch)

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Page 4 of the Sunday Times says that they still have to buy some of the houses. The Homes West houses shouldn't be a problem but the private ones could create a real stink. The Tunday Simes referred to the movie "The Castle"

"Tell 'im he's dreamin"

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    oh man if only i owned one of those houses...
    there would be NO WAY i would sell it regardless of what they offered me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    yeah you would, when the government offers you a s***load of money and a guarentee of building a rectangular stadium

vCash
    only if that promise was handwritten by alan using ink of his own blood, given to me when there was mass media coverage across w.a

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    When did politicians start having blood???

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    "try this arm, i think i saw some in there the other day"

lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    When did politicians start having blood???
    When they started delivering on promises eg teachers, police, hospital beds. Stadium upgrades to lure a Rugby franchise here.........................................oh wait awwwww

vCash

I highly doubt that for some reason...

vCash
    To my Eye, this configuration still puts us about 20 m from the sideline at row 1, is all the extra money they will need to sink into it to make moveable stands worth it? I mean if you made a dedicated 60000 seat oval and a dedicated 40000 seat rectangle, utilising the whole Kitchener park site, including the Subiaco Oval site, would you spend any more money?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbeaver View Post

I highly doubt that for some reason...
    Richie McCaw is offside!!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash

Rugby cannot be watched on an oval field. Even if the sides move in!

It just isn't the right type of seating needed to watch rugby/football/league! The major problem watching these 3 codes on a oval aussie rules field is that the seating is not steep enough. Fair enough that is how aussie rules fans like to watch their game, but that is not how rugby/football/league fans like to watch their sport. We like watching our games as if we are at arms length to the action, we like to feel as though we are part of the action. At an standard aussie rules stadium the person sitting in say row 15 is made a meter above the person in row 1, but in a true rugby/football/league stadium that Perth needs row 15 would be close to 3 meters above row 1. This is the under lying fact why an oval field is just not adequate for rugby/football/league. Action needs to be taken by the Western Force, Perth Glory and I believe the Western Reds (correct me if i am wrong I don't know the league team here). As I have stated before, and I feel others believe, these three codes need to band together along with their sponsors and who knows maybe a certain James (someone else has mentioned this) can get involved!! Of course this would be a very bold move, but damn I think it is worth it. I am one WF fan who doesn't get a season membership because I can't afford good enough seats to watch the rugby at Subiaco; I don't like watching on an oval field! I am sure there are numerous fans out there that feel the same, I think there was a poll on the WF site that showed the majority of supporters wanted a rectangle field and would not rejoin as members if this would not become a reality! Well again this has been my two cents, maybe something will come of all this ranting of ours, then again maybe not!! Here is to 3-0 to the WF in RSA!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I have a mate who lives on Roberts Rd directly opposite subi and he's been approached. He told them that until the government checked out playschool and realised the square didn't fit in the circle they could get stuffed

Just on the retractable seating....does anyone know exactly how it works? GIGS also said it somewhere but my thoughts have always been that any sort of seating that is placed on the field has got to damage the ground. What happens on a weekend where we have a Force game on Friday and an AFL game on a Sat or Sun? Surely the practicalities of moving all that seating/the impact on the ground makes this new stadium concept inappropriate if nothing else? Is it possible to construct the seating in such a manner that it doesn't damage the ground? One of my AFL buddies was saying this but i can't see how's it is feasible...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    One of my AFL buddies...
    Excuse me? I don't think this is suitable language for this site!!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast