Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ARU take their time over Henjak

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    ...this is Tuquiri we're talking about right? Mr 'They don't give me the ball, that's the only reason I don't score'
    Just look at all the tries he got last weekend....oh wait...that was Turner. I knew it started with a T, obviously they didn't go to Tuquiri's side then, cause I know he would have run over a couple. What does he have, 2 tries in the last 12 months of Rugby.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe that Warriors supporter had the right idea and Henjak can go play there - there's a few lads in Glasgow could teach him something about being a hard man on the drink.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I really liked John Welborns last line in the Rugby Liftout in today's West when talking about if the ARU will persist with Henjak.

"For Yak, it's time to take responsibility for his actions, put his stupid indiscretions behind him and change his behaviour. I know in France they will love a skilled scrum half who can break jaws"

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    ...this is Tuquiri we're talking about right? Mr 'They don't give me the ball, that's the only reason I don't score'
    Sorry my mistake. Bad wording. Let me add to that "or someone they mistakenly believe can help them win"

Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I really liked John Welborns last line in the Rugby Liftout in today's West when talking about if the ARU will persist with Henjak.

"For Yak, it's time to take responsibility for his actions, put his stupid indiscretions behind him and change his behaviour. I know in France they will love a skilled scrum half who can break jaws"
    That was champion matt. I just read it in my lunch break

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Rookie
    vCash
    He will be gone and the waratahs already have 3 halfbacks i don't think they need someone like henjak in the dressing room. He will end up at manly in the nrl they are desperate for another hooker.

vCash
    Henjak just made one mistake to many, i always thought he had the skill and potential to become pretty dam good, his off-field actions always seemed to let him down at the worse times.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    maybe he shouldnt have tipped David Round upside down?

vCash
    There is a lot of players who have made one mistake to many but are still playing for their clubs.
    If the other drinkers (Team Members) had stepped in at the pub, maybe this saga would never have happened. What ever happened to looking out for your mates eh? Good luck to you Yak what ever happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prop53 View Post
    There is a lot of players who have made one mistake to many but are still playing for their clubs.
    If the other drinkers (Team Members) had stepped in at the pub, maybe this saga would never have happened. What ever happened to looking out for your mates eh?
    I do believe Henjaks uncle said something like that in a TV interview. He blamed the Force senior plays etc. I do believe his uncle is a coach at a eastern states League club.

Go The Force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    I do believe his uncle is a coach at a eastern states League club.
    That'd be the mungoes for you, never taking responsibility for thier actions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    I do believe Henjaks uncle said something like that in a TV interview. He blamed the Force senior plays etc. I do believe his uncle is a coach at a eastern states League club.
    Ivan Henjak slams footy culture
    By Matt Marshall and Iain Payten
    February 20, 2008 MATT Henjak turned up to face the music at Western Force headquarters on Tuesday night but, according to his famous uncle Ivan, it was simply too late.

Henjak and teammate Haig Sare's appearance before the Force club tribunal in Perth followed their drunken pub brawl last week which left Sare with a broken jaw.

It was the latest in a string of unsavory incidents involving Henjak and prompted Ivan Henjak - a former Canberra league star and current Brisbane Broncos assistant coach - to launch a withering assessment of the alcohol culture of young players and their clubs.

"It's hard for kids to buck the trend - and the real issue is the culture that's born in rugby union, AFL and rugby league," he said.

"These kids come into a culture of drinking and playing up and they're expected to have the tools to deal with it all.

"If someone starts their career in a culture like that, they're fighting a losing battle. I'm not making excuses for Matt but not every kid can handle it."

Henjak also recalled the "boys' club" culture that existed during his professional playing career and argued not enough progress had been made since.

"I've been through it and it's not something I want my kids to go through without a good knowledge of the pitfalls and dangers that exist for them," he said. "They're put on a pedestal and it's not a healthy thing for young kids who haven't got the tools to handle it.

"I know as a young guy coming into grade what the culture was and it's terrible for a young kid to come into.

"I fell into a few traps in my day. I wasn't strong enough either and hundreds of kids fall into it. They don't want to be any different to their mates and their behaviour gets adjusted to that."

While Henjak hoped Matt's rugby career could be saved, he has told the 26-year-old to cop his punishment "on the chin".

"It's a privilege to be a professional sportsman in the public eye and with that comes responsibilities."

Sorry if already been posted! I love his last line totally agree...

vCash
    Things that were commonplace in the past, ie "responsible for your own actions" have now gone the way of the dodo, because it is never the fault of the individual, always someone elses fault...Until that changes these issues will keep occuring over and over again, and it will always be someone else who made it happen...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Of course. If people learned to take responsibility for their own actions lawyers would be out of a job. Sometimes I feel like society is just too soft these days...too forgiving. HTFU..

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Channel 7 news just said a decision will be made this afternoon (about bloody time) and covered in tonight's news. Police will not take any action him.

vCash
    which will be soon considering its already mid afternoon over there

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast