Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ben Cousins in Police Custody

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I just had a sickening thought. What will that tat look like in 10/15 years when it's wrapped around a keg?

I'm off to bash it out of my head now
    that is the most disturbing thing i could ever think of...............

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    that has to be the most ironic tat ever...
    what an idiot. such is life now you have no football contract dumbarse!!!

vCash
    agreed Jono, he had the world at his feet and he's gone and thrown it all away, basicly because he's bored off the football field, what a tosser

vCash

Cousins to resume rehab

Cousins to resume rehab

18/10/2007 12:13:42 PM
    Sportal

Ben Cousins' court appearance lasted just one minute on Thursday before a 90-day adjournment was granted to allow the disgraced former West Coast Eagle to travel to the United States for further treatment in a drug rehabilitation clinic.

Cousins appeared before the Perth Magistrates Court on a charge of drug possession and refusing a blood test after he was pulled over by police on Tuesday morning in Perth for driving erratically.

The 29-year-old's lawyers applied for the adjournment to allow him to resume his treatment in California.

The 2005 Brownlow Medalist had planned to be in the U.S. two weeks ago but this was put on hold by the death of close friend and former Eagles star Chris Mainwaring.

Cousins arrived at the court looking relaxed and smiling and dressed in studded jeans with a white shirt unbuttoned almost to the waist. (I have to admit...he did look hot...and conveniently it was a female magistrate..)

His appearance gave no indication that he was at all concerned about his sacking by the West Coast Eagles for his latest misdemeanours, which has effectively ended his AFL career.

Cousins was not required to enter a plea but outside the court his lawyer Shane Brennan said the charges against his client would be vigorously defended.

"The matter has been remanded for 90 days with a view to Mr. Cousins continuing the course of action he adopted earlier," Brennan said.

"These charges will be vigorously defended. They are without basis."

Cousins spent a month in a Malibu clinic in April while suspended by the club after admitting to 'substance abuse'. He returned to the club and resumed playing in July.

Cousins will return to court on January 21 next year.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    So he gets a 3-mth holiday before they bang him up? It's alright being rich, isn't it?! I thought they took your passport off you if you were on bail.....

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    So he gets a 3-mth holiday before they bang him up? It's alright being rich, isn't it?! I thought they took your passport off you if you were on bail.....
    Taking your passport off you is only one of the conditions that can be part of your bail. Every time bail is granted the conditions set are specific to that person. It can range from just money to ensure your appearance, to passports being taken off you, to house arrest, etc...just depends on the severity of the crime, whether the person will endanger the safety/welfare/property of others, the persons character/history/financial position, the strength of the evidence against the person and the likelihood of the person doing something to avoid trial. Passports are only taken off you if they think its likely you will skip the country to avoid trial. In Cousins' case, going to rehab means he'll be in a locked down facility anyway so they can track him.

On another note...my friend just sent me this hehe

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash

Thanks for the legal explanation - I'll bear it in mind, if I ever have to!!!

I'm assuming that this cafe is in Freo!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Port Melbourne so the email says

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Typical, cops arrest him and charge him. Magistrate gives him a holiday. I doubt he will get locked up if found guilty anyway

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I doubt any Magistrate would have refused someone "wanting" to go into rehab again .. he has a lawyer who is smart. In 90 days the emotion out of it will be all gone.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Reckon he'll have a hard time getting into the US as although he doesn't have a conviction, you have to declare if you've ever been arrested on a drug-related offence.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    What about the average "druggie" on the street who isnt as rich and famous??

vCash
    i hope they dont let him in.
    he deserves nothing.

vCash
    Except utter contempt

vCash
    i hope that everyone who idolizes him can now see his true side and realise that he isnt worthy of their "adoration" if you want to look at a footyplayer to look up to. there are plenty of blokes that dont do that kinda shit he does. the main one would have to be Mark Harvey.
    he was the most honest footballer i have ever seen, st kilda lost a great man when he retired. peter bell is another one. he never does anything dirty on the field and he toes the line.
    chris judd
    woosha
    adam goodes
    hell that dude who won the tour de france how many times after comming back from cancer. his name escapes me.

thats what i meant by he deserves nothing.
    he doesnt even seem F**KING phased as he was walking into court today.
    arsehole, how many people has he let down? does he even realise?

bottom line is you cannot help a drug addict until they are ready to be helped. and if he doesnt want help theres nothing anyone can do apart from watch him destroy himself and everyone who cares about him. he needs to hit rock bottom before he can work his way back up.
    serves him right to. i realise that it can be hard to say no to drugs sometimes, but you always have a choice. you dont have to conform to what your mates think is cool or whatever...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast