Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Perth Gold vs Perth Kiwi

vCash
    Well said

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Personally, in this ever increasingly professional sport, I believe a key selection criteria for Perth Gold (and yes, time for a name change to reflect this) should be a pride in pulling on the Black & Gold to represent this great state. Even at the junior level that I played a handful of matches, my ribs nearly burst with pride every time I had the Black Swan on my chest. It would be a rare thing if such feeling was evident in a player who had only a short history in the West.
    Yes development is important, but so is the heritage of the code in this state.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SBW View Post
    This is not a pissing contest,
    for me its about getting more players involved in all aspects from junior to senior to reps, to helpers in the clubs to coaches, mums and dads supporting their clubs and making WA a power house in Australia rugby.
    I believe we have a thinking of what works for NSW and QLD will work here, we have had several years of that sort of thinking and its not working.
    and I am not blaming WA Rugby wholely and solely we in club land need to change our thinking as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is blame to shear all round.
    But while we blame and arse cover, then nothing will get done.
    Agreed re the pissing contest but as has already been said on this thread rep rugby at this level should be based on pride and desire - If you are not willing to commit for personal reasons or out of pure slackness then no matter how good you are you should not be in the mix. It frustrates me to see talent wasted but if there is no desire then so be it.

Also - RG cant monitor all new club players that have rocked up in the pre season. With a focus on Super Rugby its not his job and with the RWA resources at hand, there are no scouts out there to keep tabs. Communication from Clubs to RWA is key to ensure that talent is recognised and I think that is it not happening on a regular enough basis.

We all agree that we want WA to improve and become a nursery for the future of Australian rugby so chat has to happen at all levels, as you said.. from the parents through school to the clubs and rep teams. If we don't engage we will loose more talent to the East and stay a backwater. No blame just fact.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4