Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Force players, staff issue vote of no confidence in coach

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Somehow I doubt that thirty individual players simultaniously thought they might send in a letter of no confidence about their coach either.
    There would have been plenty of discussion with "leaders" and fence sitters.
    Peer group pressure doesn't end at the school gate.
    I doubt anyone outside the group will ever know the true story, chain of events or actual question asked of the players but, over time, I have come to realise that the media occassionally inflates a story for more than it is worth...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No. They were most likely asked in a survey by that Leading Teams mob, and that data then got leaked out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Somehow I doubt that thirty individual players simultaniously thought they might send in a letter of no confidence about their coach either.
    There would have been plenty of discussion with "leaders" and fence sitters.
    Peer group pressure doesn't end at the school gate.
    I doubt anyone outside the group will ever know the true story, chain of events or actual question asked of the players but, over time, I have come to realise that the media occassionally inflates a story for more than it is worth...

you mean they LIE to us?

vCash
    It doesn't really matter where stuff like this starts, If it's true that 30 players have issues with im, something needs to be done.

I'm not suggesting that something is Moving Mitch on, it's possible that this is a) shit stirring by one or two influential loudmouths who have managed through peer group pressure and typical politics to get everybody to agree to something or b) Gerry's Leading teams conspiracy.

Either way something needs to be done......You never know, that something might be a sanction to one or two players/assistant coaches/waterboys etc or it might be that Mitch does a Nucifora......Personally, I like the idea of a strong leader, and it sure seems that Mitch is that. but a strong leader is not necessarily a bully (in fact the truly strong leaders are anything but!) so I'm not really sure....Like the Henners and Haig show. I'm thinking there's plenty of room to let the evidence be heard and make up our minds with a little bit of hindsight.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    2008 may just have been a bad year for the coach/player relationship - I could understand Mitchell feeling just a little let down by both the players and his assistants when senior players were involved in quokkagate during the off-season, then there was the Henjak/Sare thing in the presence of other players and staff, then after a dream start away the season goes south at home.

It is worth noting too that a number of games were won in the second half after really crappy first halves - if the first couple were turned around by him losing his rag, it may have become a pattern for the year that was wearing thin by the end of the season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4