Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Karmichael Hunt

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Mudskipper - one fact that has become blatantly obvious this week is that for a died in the wool Brumbies supporter you really don't know much about your team.

This is a sad state of affairs. The fact is that no team is exempt from having player problems off the field including our beloved Western Force - or your occasionally supported Brumbies.

What this has shown to me as a member of TWF is that you are a fisherman, but sadly the tackle-box is looking a bit depleted. Whilst the rod may still feel good in the hand, the effect it has on this school is dwindling.

Thats it from me Mudskipper - I think its time you were voted off the island. So long, its been fun.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Rookie
    vCash
    i dont get why so many people attack mudskipper, has he done something?

the brumbies have player problems but they tend to handle them better than a few other teams, i live in manly at the moment and the rugby league team here is terrible!

i dont think your going to solve problems when you have 30 young men playing and drinking together there is always going to be a problem now and then, i think it has more to do with how the organisation handles the problems that matter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You have convinced me muddy... I'll just get into my taxi and ride off..

Ohh...who stole the taxi??

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 19-03-09 at 06:29.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The Brumbies won’t tolerate a guy in the spot light for questionable issues...
    Then I guess they don't call clobbering people outside Canberra night clubs questionable. They still tolerate George Smith and he did it a couple of times.

How's the view from the glass house today?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The Brumbies won’t tolerate a guy in the spot light for questionable issues... They just don't stand for that crap down there... and they've got good coverage they can chose what they really want and don't have to take any passer bye.

He is the perfect Force man … if he’s a walking headline... He'll do Ok in WA...
    haha, they stood by Jeremy Paul for years, that guy was a loose cannon, dumped his wife for some 18yr old blonde bimbo, was constantly on the piss out in canberra.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Noooo TOCC. You are wrong.

Andrew Walker Jeremy Paul had some family troubles & some drinking issues while at the Brumbies but the problem was more that he would just go missing but no violence and no assault, he had family concerns... the Brumbies counseled and assisted him as best they could, he decided to leave the brumbies his family and return to his family to work personal matters out… Walker chose to leave and address his demons.....gee big news gerry TOCC....people have problems in life... he wasn’t a troublemaker…. Nonetheless the Club stood by him to help him out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    haha, they stood by Jeremy Paul for years, that guy was a loose cannon, dumped his wife for some 18yr old blonde bimbo, was constantly on the piss out in canberra.
    But no violence TOCC....you don't get it, it doesn't matter how much you drink or what you do, it's all about violence to native animals or people....that's obviously the only thing that ANY rugby team should act on I feel sorry for poor Scotty Fava, who was so picked on by the Western Force for turning up to training pissed that it drove him to assault a quokka....he should have been allowed to play the Bulls match, that would have ensured that he wasn't suffering from Post Traumatic stress and allowed him to simply run naked around Rotto and throw up on the gardenias.......apparently that's OK a week before the start of the season!

Do I need to post a link to the relevant articles so you can be sure I'm talking about actual incidents there Muddy, nobdy but you gets away with unsupported facts here do they?

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rahrahgirl View Post
    i dont get why so many people attack mudskipper, has he done something?
    Looks like Muddys Mum has joined up!

vCash
    I deal with the facts all the time gerry... you just have trouble reading them that’s all... Denial leads to lies... You're seriously struggling again here with these inconsequential points, gerry... So to address you feeble post read on….

Stirling Mortlock got into a late night argument with Scott Johnson... gee that’s big news and he was sober.... ooooowwwwwaaaa.... is that it...what rubbish... very serious and outrageous behavior…. He wasn’t throwing Quokkas about pissed in front of the public with his team mates… Now let’s look at it today Stirling Mortlock is still Wallabies Captain and Scott Johnson is elsewhere… pretty simple...

Andrew Walker had some family troubles & some drinking issues while at the Brumbies but the problem was more that he would just go missing but no violence and no assault, he had family concerns... the Brumbies counseled and assisted him as best they could, he decided to leave the brumbies and return to his family to work personal matters out… Walker chose to leave and address his demons.....gee big news gerry....people have problems in life... he wasn’t a troublemaker…. Nonetheless the Club stood by him to help him out… What did the Force do with Henjak, ignored early poor behavior than hung him out in the public domain…

OOOh I love this dull poorly thought through comment.... and the “Team didn't support the coach”…. Sometimes you have to make choices for the better… there is no real leadership with blind support or in a figurehead that no one believes in... The Senior Brumbies players took over because they didn’t believe in the direction the coach wanted to push the club… and then won the Super rugby championship.... well that was a huge mistake… with a unfortunate outcome.... At least they had the character to take action, the Force are stuck in a perpetual roundabout of headlines…. with a coach and a little grey cloud following him around.... Who is going to sign with that issue unresolved for 2010... Because they made poor business decisions….and can't find a way out...
    Does anyone else smell the hypocrisy drifting west........

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    And it has the strange similarity to that of Brumby shit.
    And yes, I do know what that smells like...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    To be fair Jargs, most of us were saying similar things about the indiscretions for quite a while....I remember quite a few posts I have made in defence of Scott Fava, Richard Brown, Matt Henjak and James O'Connor, I don't see where the difference is.........well, you need to ignore the obvious difference that those players have been sanctioned by the Western Force where the Brumbies players generally haven't but surely that means that the Brumbies are still investigating and there's a pesumption of innocence which Muskipper is allowing these players.

Perhaps Jeremy Paul will be suspended from playing for the brumbies if his alcohol fuelled episodes continue!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I remember quite a few posts I have made in defence of Scott Fava, Richard Brown, Matt Henjak and James O'Connor, I don't see where the difference is.........!
    Quite obviously Matt Henjak learnt that behaviour at the Brumbies though, same with Scott Fava

I think what we have here is the foul Culture of the Brumbies has infected the Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It only took a couple of ex Brumbies to foul the whole nest.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    It only took a couple of ex Brumbies to foul the whole nest.
    I despair for the teams they have moved to, The Warathas and Toulon will now be subject to their own player scandal cover ups.

Please, not the innocents, won't somebody think of the innocents?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    You have convinced me muddy... I'll just get into my taxi and ride off..

Ohh...who stole the taxi??
    Make sure you pull out the meter when your finished....

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quite obviously Matt Henjak learnt that behaviour at the Brumbies though, same with Scott Fava

I think what we have here is the foul Culture of the Brumbies has infected the Force
    I agree Henjak had some control issues but was in check in Canberra... Fava was very popular at the Brumbies, he had no problems there... Nonetheless they both had serious problems after their second year at the Force what happened to them... Additionally I agree all environments can change and the Brumbies just like any other club can be affected, but they just seem to manage it better than some... So far anyway 13 years...

The South African Taxi affair is now rugby folk law… a legendary touring tale…... I’ll give you that, yes it shouldn't have happened and was way out of line but the driver was trying to rip them off.... or so they believed... and the boys decided they needed to show the authorities the meter so they ripped it out…
    .......RIGHT THOUGHT WRONG ACTION…

However I do find the SA Taxi story somewhat exceedingly funny... nobody got hurt or animals.... The Brumbies learnt from that incident and have been well instructed on tour ever since… I believe the article gets a re-run and the yarn taller very time the team tours SA…

Extract from GGs book page 156: Camps Bay SA……

Unfortunately, a few of the guys opted to stay at Camps Bay. These were the players who later found themselves in the spotlight.

Next morning, there was a knock on my door. It was Phil Thomson, the team manager, who was looking worried, and tugging his shirt. ( Whenever Thommo was nervous, he’d pull at his shirt). We’ve had a few incidents last night,’ he told me.

What went down?” I asked

Later, Thommo explained it this way: “They had drunk too much, far too late into the night, taken a taxi, first for food and then to their hotel, had become alarmed at the size of the fare, insisted that the driver take them to a police station, and sought to detach the taxi meter to prove to the police that they were being overcharged. You’ve got to realize that a taxi meter in South Africa is not much bigger than a pager and plugs into the cigarette-lighter socket…”

By the time some commentators were finished with the story, however, the players’ mistakes were a hell of a lot worse than hat. I am not shying away from the fact that the guys shouldn’t have been drinking excessively two days in a row, and they hurt the game with the mistakes that the made, but how some reporters (and a few rugby officals) back in Australia added ”colour” to their versions of the affair was really quite extraordinary. It left a nasty aftertatse with me and others that took a long time to heal...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast