Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ecky's referees excuse thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but way back at the very first "Western Force Gold" vs Manu Samoa game, didn't Leckie come on after half time (due to an injury to the first ref) and turn an entertaining free-flowing game into a farce as well???

I think he's hated us for a while..................
    Correction:

Other way around - Leckie was the ref who was injured and he was subbed at half time. (It's happened twice to him while refereeing in Perth)

So it seems he had a good entertaing game and it was the local ref who changed it for you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Correction:

Other way around - Leckie was the ref who was injured and he was subbed at half time. (It's happened twice to him while refereeing in Perth)

So it seems he had a good entertaing game and it was the local ref who changed it for you.
    I stand corrected - Thanks Ecky.

vCash
    Yeah, you did'nt go that well Ecky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Yeah, you did'nt go that well Ecky.

Huh? No, I went quite well watching the Samoa game from the stand - with my mate Roger and quite close to a very impressively large Samoan and his impressively large offspring. The other game I did very well, having scored myself a seat in the ground announcer's booth for a MARC game.

Me in the middle? Of a game like that? I have done all my rugby in the wrong state to get there. (state of WA, not "confusion" or any other derivative)

Rookie
    vCash
    One thing Leckie doesn't do very well is communicate with the players at the breakdown, whereas, someone like Stuart Dickinson is continually telling players what to do and where to go and get back behind feet etc and if they don't do as they are told he awards the relevent penalty. Maybe Leckie should watch and learn from others. Even watching the Sharks Crusaders Ref, Mark Lawrence had good skills at the telling the players what to do. Leckie really needs to use is voice shouting loud and clear and all the times. Leckie ruinned what could of been good game. Anyone, could see Waugh entering from the side and not through the gate not once but all night long, Everytime the Force got the ball legally (even Kearns said so a few times) they got penalised leading to at least 2 x 3 pointers.....

Also if you watch the replay of Mitchells try you'll see the AR looking in the Air not the touchline. Ah well good on the boys for overcoming the ref. Hope we don't see him again this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Mmm i quite liked the 'ex-Tah' references. "Scored by ex-Tah Cameron Shepherd".....yes....after that game, we clearly see why he is an ex Tah
    Maybe in 2010 we will hear: "Another Try to the Brumbies, masterminded by EX WESTREN FORCE star...."

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I don't think there was any bias from the referee he just made a lot of bad decisions. It's an interpretative thing and an ability thing......
    .....Another ego maniac that wants to leave his personal imprint on the game. It's infuriating
    I heard something somwhere earlier in the year that SANZAR were going to allocate Refs to matches based on a sort of scale of importance> Like best match (based on where teams stand on the table) will get the best Ref etc.
    Is this true?

vCash
    SANZAR have tightened their belt and skimped on refs. They need to open the cheque book if they want people to keep turning up to games and buying Foxtel to watch the product.

Refs make or break a game and currently, some of them are really that bad, I have stopped watching some games based on who is reffing.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Maybe in 2010 we will hear: "Another Try to the Brumbies, masterminded by EX WESTREN FORCE star...."
    I certainly hope not, I'd rather hear "Another try to the Force masterminded by Veteran Force star James O'Connor!

Yeah, that sounds a lot better
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    I heard something somwhere earlier in the year that SANZAR were going to allocate Refs to matches based on a sort of scale of importance> Like best match (based on where teams stand on the table) will get the best Ref etc.
    Is this true?
    I heard the same thing, but It seems we've played most of the season as the worst game of the round. I think the idea was more about saving money, notice how most games are reffed by a local ref.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I certainly hope not, I'd rather hear "Another try to the Force masterminded by Veteran Force star James O'Connor!

Yeah, that sounds a lot better

I heard the same thing, but It seems we've played most of the season as the worst game of the round. I think the idea was more about saving money, notice how most games are reffed by a local ref.
    1. Spot on! chances are there will be no reference whatsoever by commentators to Gits as a former WF star; How about JOC "veteran VC to Captain Bam Bam,"

2. Just a bit of rationalisation, no doubt; SANZAR trying to look like thay are not blatantly cost cutting! BAH HUMBUG

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    MY MATCH REPORT

Red Card to The REF....

Terrible display...he was confused with the ground being a soccer ground and handed out yellow cards to Matt HODGSON, then a Somoan player...and THEN....to the MAYOR of Perth Mr John Wellborn for some stupid infringement about blood bin replacement....

Red Card to The Ground Announcer.....mate...heres some advice....give it up....stand down to someone who knows the game.

Yellow Card to Rugby WA......hardly any promotion of the game and then to slug such big prices it no wonder the crowd was only about 5000.

Cautions

Shep....mate ya played a shocker....but we know its in you so only a caution.
    Henners....stop gawking over the ruck and look when the ball come rolling out of the ruck between your legs.....

Gooonya's

Members Equity......not a bad venue, they even sell full strengh piss...but did you need that MANY security people???

The crowd....well done for coming.

Players .... top efforts to all the players, great opening but we went a bit flat when the yellow card fiasco....and they keep plugging away to the end and only a bubious call from the ref in the last second prevented the match scoring try....stand outs in my mind were Richard BROWN, Junior PELESESA, Digby IOANE..I am sure there were more but thats how I saw it..
    Appears as though I might have had it half right............age got the memory wrong way around!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4