Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: your thoughts on The blue crew

vCash
    yeah thats why i said training drills or something.
    there might be enough time to get a few passing drills going or something like that?
    high ball work or even just fitness. the kids wouldnt really care. i mean there having a run on the field upon which their heros were on 5 minutes previously

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i might get crucified for this. but steal the idea from the afl's book and give the kids a run on the field at half time.
    maybe run a few training drills or something like that?

Not at all Jono, they could possibly run a short clinic at half time for the juniors out on the field. That would do more for the kids than a burger and pop.

vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i might get crucified for this. but steal the idea from the afl's book and give the kids a run on the field at half time.
    maybe run a few training drills or something like that?
    Not stealing from AFL they do it at International games at Subi.... last year had about 8 teams playing and had two from bunbury and two from kal sois a great tool for regional promo aswell....

Well I always sit direct opposite of the blue crew so dont bother me a lot...

What really gets up my goat is when that bloody wave goes around and idiots use as excuse to throw shit in the air... Last year i was about 5cm from cracking some moron in the head as my 8 yr old nephew who id taken to his first rugby game was smacked in the head by a coke bottle... It was only cause my nephew was with me that i didnt crack the idiot!!!

So in saying that I despise the blue crew whether they are rugby supporters or not as they always start the bloody things!!!

vCash
    there was two games of under 10s rugby on the anz side of subi during warm ups last friday, whats wrong with the giant football comp they had at halftime last week?

vCash
    i would have smacked him anyway, with his own coke bottle.
    you dont throw stuff. its dangerous and it just makes more work for someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    there was two games of under 10s rugby on the anz side of subi during warm ups last friday, whats wrong with the giant football comp they had at halftime last week?

Sorry did not see the games and did not realise they were on as we were on petition duty.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post

and when some lady tried to talk to me about the game or whatever I replied with grunts or one word or so, now that's dedication.

BLR - honestly mate I wish you had of answered the ladies question - what better way to introduce a new supporter to the game they play in heaven.

Or, at the very least politely ask her to wait for a break in play so you would have a better opportunity to explain what happened in the previous phase.

Forgive me, but I am a big believer that as fans of the game we are the best way of introducing new people to the game of Rugby Union - whether here in the forums of TWF or at the game.

People of other codes criticise our game because they don't understand it - so what's wrong with helping them understand?

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    But my biggest pet hate in regards to the blue crew is that for some reason they are seen by the fox team and the players as the true, hardcore supporters who consistently make the fox coverage and whom the players go up to to celebrate. They're not.
    That grinds my gears as well to be honest, Maybe Rugby WA has something to do with that behind the scenes in regards to the TV coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    If there is going to be a 'supporters group' then please do it properly and have everyone be there for the right reasons.
    We ARE the supporters group, just not official, so we get to do what we want

Last edited by jargan83; 01-04-08 at 18:49.

vCash
    The Blue Crew free tickets , the players look to them at the end of games as if they are the cream of the supporters. Lets go Force lets go only words known to the Blue Crew.I have even heard they will become the Yellow Crew when the Wallibies play and get free entry to the game to. Yes its good to see a few behind the posts get in free ok , but lets ask them to donate to a Charity each week instead. How many will be left then.
    Pee off Blue Crew Pee off

vCash
    pretty sure that any person who buys tickets/members should be more recognised rather than weasels/drunks who just want a free ticket so they have extra money to spend on booze, and verbally attack opposition supporters

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    couldnt agree more force addict

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    BLR - honestly mate I wish you had of answered the ladies question - what better way to introduce a new supporter to the game they play in heaven.
    Oh no, she knew about the game, it wasn't questions it was stupid stuff like 'I hate that Shalk Burger, I wish they gave him a red card so he'd just stay off', or just comments about someone that was playing well. I was answering her and chatting at the start of the game but when the Force started getting crunched that's when I really wasn't in the mood for small talk.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prop53 View Post
    I have even heard they will become the Yellow Crew when the Wallibies play and get free entry to the game to.
    Sea of Blue becomes a puddle of yellow?

vCash
    I think if they know the game all well and good, also great to have some noise and "Blue" behind the goal...but to start a mexican wave when Gitz or any of the team has the ball shame on them,,,and everyone else who kept it going....

Last edited by hertryk; 01-04-08 at 20:10. Reason: typo

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by prop53 View Post
    The Blue Crew free tickets , the players look to them at the end of games as if they are the cream of the supporters. Lets go Force lets go only words known to the Blue Crew.I have even heard they will become the Yellow Crew when the Wallibies play and get free entry to the game to. Yes its good to see a few behind the posts get in free ok , but lets ask them to donate to a Charity each week instead. How many will be left then.
    Pee off Blue Crew Pee off
    I agree..a donation to charity would be a great idea:

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast