Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Waratahs thrash Fiji Warriors in front of a crowd of 7438

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i happen to know your a turned reds fan chis, so dont go around talking of loyalty and honour, your a sell out of epic proportions who thinks using others opinions will cover up for the fact you have none of your own! just ad a few choice words to make yourself sound passionate, boil for five minutes and dinner is served heh?
    Who told you I'm a Reds fan? This ought to be good

I'm a passionate Force fan. That isn't selling out. Australian rugby needs the Force to do well and for the game to start up over here. I'm getting involved with junior development locally.

I see you have a few raw nerves I can rub caustic substances on.

Reds fan......................THAT'S GOLD

Dinner..........how would you like your humble pie in 2009? Boiled doesn't sound too tasty

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash
    you know what, im not even stiring here, but the aru doesnt need perth or the act for that matter, they actually need qld & nsw, the force could be located anywhere and still hav the same effect for rugby nationally!

but hey, being a queenslander you know that already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    you know what, im not even stiring here, but the aru doesnt need perth or the act for that matter, they actually need qld & nsw, the force could be located anywhere and still hav the same effect for rugby nationally!

but hey, being a queenslander you know that already!
    I love the QLD gag.............it only makes you look more stupid.

NSW and QLD are traditional strongholds.......no question. I think saying that the Force have had no influence on rugby in WA is pretty ignorant. Junior numbers have surged since the creation of the force. With the enormous expatriot population of Brits, Saffers and kiwis who have made WA home, there is an enormous future for rugby in this state..........luckily, the ARU has a bigger vision than the Sydney clubs.

NSW has been handling its own affairs badly for a long time. Rugby WA is doing a fantastic job of promoting the code. It will take a few years before the juniors come through but the systems are getting developed better every year and numbers are on the rise

vCash
    i didnt say the force wernt good for wa rugby i said there not a necesary fir australian rugby, werever the team went it would have had the same effect!

the force have done a good job, they hae also been aggresive and undermined other teams in the country to achieve this due to the fact there was no long term strategy from the aru to implement them.

NSW is run by an ametuer board that has its own agenda, this is due to history which is something the force dont have to deal with. NSW is also up against two other codes who have games running at the same time, something rugbywa has never had to deal with and a move to MES may result in!

it will take a long long time till the juniors come though and if the economic contrants continue for a few years it could take even longer without the ability for feeder comps to be implemented.

the whole country needs more juniors but at what level of competition can juniors in wa actually play without moving east the population would say not much!

vCash
    Rugby is a sleeping giant in this state. It has been awakened, There are more mouris here than Bondi or the Gold Coast. There are as many Saffers here as Cape Town. Chuck in some poms and some east coast ex pats and there is a strong base. Immigration from South Africa will continue. Rugby is like a religion to these people. Junior competitions are rapidly expanding in the Perth metro area and rugby in country areas is starting up. This has been largely due to the interest generated by the Force and the wider view of rugby WA and the ARU.

Rugby in WA also competes with AFL and sooker. Rugby league is a joke in WA and will remain so for the foreseeable future

vCash
    rugby junior numbers have also surged in Victoria, imagine how much greater they would have grown if the had a S14 side.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The soon might ........ The Brumbies

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    rugby junior numbers have also surged in Victoria, imagine how much greater they would have grown if the had a S14 side.
    I would see this as an arguement for Melbourne to have a S15 side.

I know that AFL is currently financially powerful, but they are constantly reducing the level of contact in the sport. Rugby offers a high contact sport without the malice that was traditionally a part of AFL. Even the former AFL fans of WA and Vic appreciate that rugby can teach their kids self control.

Rookie
    vCash
    we need to be careful in perth unfortunately canberra has done a pretty good job at producing wallabies,
    campo, larkham, kafer , roff, stewart, gregan, shepherdson, the aru dont wont to lose that , they probably dont think a s15 is doable, which leaves a move for the force?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    we need to be careful

Not wanting to have a go at you here mate, but do you realise how well these first few words summarise almost everything you post.

Has our states underlying pessimism rubbed off on you?

Rookie
    vCash
    well i am english first so i had the optimism beaten out of me. i dont find perth to be pessimistic but i do think there is a bit of a siege mentality.

i would regard myself as a realist.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Siege mentality got the Brumbies where they are.

Rookie
    vCash
    yes they say they had an equally balanced chip on both shoulders. i meant more along the line of the general public rather than a team.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    We are part of the team. The ad tells us so.

vCash
    We are fantastic at seige mentality, and I love it. The only problem with the Force so far is getting the players to feel the same way. I think for a while they felt they were part of the invaders, rather than the defenders of our beloved patch of scrub, gumtrees & sand.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast