Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Brown and Swanepoel to Start for Cottesloe In This Weekends Semi-Finals

vCash
    I seriously dont see an issue with it.

Brownie has said he wants to see his GF in Perth he is registered with Cott, he has been told to play a game this weekend to maintain match fitness.
    dispensation has been recieved and abeen accepted for him to play..
    the fact that its a prelim final is almost irrelivant to everyone except Waneroo.. as stated previously though one man does not make a team and Waneroo have had nearly as much opportunity to lure some of their force players over to play but they chose not to.

get over it guys its going to happen and its a good thing for a number of reasons..
    1) will draw a bigger crowd & raise club rugby's profile
    2) keep Brownie fit for his return to the men in gold next week
    3) allow players from both teams to draw from his experience & skills

please please give it a rest now and enjoy the game regardless of the final score.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    It was having a rest (no posts of substance since last night) you just went and woke it up again!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    I seriously dont see an issue with it.

the fact that its a prelim final is almost irrelivant to everyone except Waneroo.. as stated previously though one man does not make a team and Waneroo have had nearly as much opportunity to lure some of their force players over to play but they chose not to.
    It is definitely relevant to almost those involved in the premier comp - the whole thing of this argument that no one is taking in is that no one is against Richard Brown, or any of the other Force players for that matter, taking part in the Perth Comp. But when it comes down to finals it isn't just the Perth Comp, it is finals football and for some rubbish dispensation clause to be pulled out of the hat and applied in this circumstance just shows how easily RugbyWA will drop it's pants for the ARU. And this is where the problem lies, this is just the beginning of many corrupt moments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    get over it guys its going to happen
    Just because some is going to happen doesn't mean it should, like Fulvio stated earlier, the rules are there for a reason, does this make it allright to just forget that they are there?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So Richard Brown has a choice of where he plays rugby this weekend but he has to play. He could play in Perth, in Sydney or in Brisbane.
    He is obviously registered with Cottesloe, but if he hasn't played a club match this year does anyone know who is he registered with in Sydney and Brisbane?

In any case, fingers crossed we one day get an ARC and issues like this will disappear.

Champion
    vCash
    Who owns our comp.?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Good question. I think the current answer is Cottesloe.

vCash
    So what are you saying, that Brown should not be able to play club rugby at all? If he plays in Sydney their finals are coming up and he wouldn't eligable for any of those teams. So if he's not eligable for any team in Australia besides the Wallabies he should just have to sit on his ass and lose fitness? Adam Frier is playing second grade in Sydney this week and guaranteed he will play finals for them but he won't be technically eligable. I doubt they will be bitching about it over there because they realise it's for the good of NSW and Australian rugby.

CALM YOURSELVES

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Does anyone want to make a little wager on this one then?

I bet 3 pints (or cash if preferred) that, assuming Brown plays, Wanneroo win the game. Any takers?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Article in today's West says Brownie won't be playing club rugby next week, he heads to Sydney on Wednesday to join the Wallabies.

vCash
    Its a conspiracy I tell you - Those Western suburbs types are acting like the New York Yatch Club to stop the power of Perth Rugby from shifting from the Western Suburbs. I mean if Kalamunda won it last year, and if Wanneroo win it this year, then Good Heavens it could even end up in Armadale

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4