Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force v Rebels: Match Report

vCash
    Even if all the negatives raised here are right (IMO lots are not) the team just managed to get themselves beaten by a point by an opponent that has turned out better than anyone predicted. Without a 5/8, the worlds best loosie and quite a few others. Yes it was disappointing. Yes they should have won. But it's gonna get harder without Pocock AND Hodgson. Lets hope we can get the 5/8 back.

The main things I'd like to see change are fairly basic. The players need to show patience with the ball and work to build pressure rather than try to make every little line break into an instant try. There needs to be more confidence to kick difficult penalties into the corners and back our lineout. Both this match and the one where they let the Blues back in could have been nailed had they done that and it came off.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    except the rebels have a lot of non-aussie/wallaby players... we were a little bit different.
    Exactly how many were tey allowewd to canvas?

Jambooi

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    You know it must be tough. getting to watch the Force games live week in and week out and then get home and jump on the internet and the hate wagon all at the same time.

It must have been a different game that I watched (sort of - via the internet where I got to see 2 seconds of every minute or so) on a three inch screen)

Must have been the rent a crowd that went nuts when the first try got scored, and the same rent a crowd that voiced their displeasure when when Cipriana didnt get his marching orders for the most blatant professional foul that it will now be used as the example for New Referees to see what a yellow card should be given for. Must have been the same crowd that went off when young Sidey scored with a couple of minutes to go.Seems like a large proportion of the rent a crowd got to do a whole lot of cheering for a large proportion of the match.

What game did you guys watch - didn't appear to have anyone leave early because the Force were having a shocker - The game I watched had the Force loose by a point.

See its all ok - I am a Western Force Fan - I have suffered through a whole lot of bad times. Thats what makes the good times so much better. Thats what makes a guy like Ox spend a bucketload of cash on air fares to fly in from South Australia for the games. Its the same reason why Burgs drives over 100klicks to watch the game and drive home with a rum or 4 under his belt.

I have had the opportunity to watch 6 Games (including one trial) live. I have seen one win Tahs in Sydney, One Draw (Tahs in Sydney) and three Subiaco losses Brumbies and 2006, Highlanders 2007 and Hurricanes 2008.

Can some one please name the Force players that came off the pitch without a sweat and appeared to have not given their all for us. If no one is named does that mean they earn their pay cheque?

I have got the Force logo tattooed on my back and I wear it with pride.

I have my Force Jerseys that I no longer wear with pride - I cant get my fat arse in to them any more.

The losses only make the wins so much better.

This is a Force website for Force fans. For those that want to hate the force, go to the roar, or the coliseum.

Get on board or get out of the way.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I would like to see the bench used more. We must be one of the few teams that dont utilize the entire 22 as part of the gameplan.

I have some serious concerns about our attack as has been previously mentioned. Have we scored a try off a well executed set piece? To me most of the tries have been off the back of individual brilliance and luck. Im seeing lots of one on one stuff which for the most part is easy pickings for a half decent defense.

vCash
    A lady friend of mine (a bit rought around the edges it must be said)said that it was like getting screwed up the arse without lubrication - kinda painful and not as enjoyable as it could have been. I had to take her word on that!

I think the crowd was very average to boot - it was quiet as.

Last edited by andrewM; 03-04-11 at 15:59.

vCash
    I thought for the size, the crowd was pretty crazy, credit due to those fabulously loud clapping things. Next week's going to be a shocker attendance.

What I want to know is what the hell James was doing kicking that ball out to make a meter - didn't look very off the side of teh boot, was he just not fussy about making ground?! And Hodgsen being the only man chasing the lock was shameful.

And I didn't rewind and double check, but it looked to me like Sharpie lay the ball back and a force player's knee hit it forward.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    The penalty was given about 1 metre from the touch line, so the angle was bad.

But yea, kicking for touch didn't seem like the best option considering the angle, should of just run it.

Champion
    vCash
    Crap... I am so disappointed.... I just cant express it... I was hoping for a biggy and got SFA. Sorry will spend 400$ on something else next year we will losed JOC to brumbies for sure... as well a host of others... ther is little development happening

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    An article somewhere was saying that the Reds are set to tell Leroy Houston that they can't afford to fit him in next year. I wonder if we should try and pick him up. We need a battering ram backrower. A change of scenery might be just what Houston needs to put aside his patchy form.

Don't really know how that relates to the Force losing though. The game wasn't that bad. At least we weren't (a) outplayed: I put their win down to two moments of fortune rather than any form of dominance (b) beaten by 20 points. Would you knockers prefer to be Tahs fans? If the Tahs fan can get over their team's display of two weeks ago we bloody well can too. Never let it be said that the Tahs fans are more committed and spirited than the Force ones.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Hey, we'll be back (except the few that said they won't be) - but I think it's fair enough to be able to vent from time to time. I know Exile said his piece earlier but don't you think it's a good thing that we actually put some emotional investment in to the result?

vCash
    Nope, I've left a door open, they can surely win my respect back....I want to give it, but right now don't think they'll perform well enough to do it. We've got the Tahs at home next week and for the first time in six years I truly think we're going to get fully rooted.

If we put in a great performance and get within seven they'll have gone a long way towards winning me back.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    An article somewhere was saying that the Reds are set to tell Leroy Houston that they can't afford to fit him in next year. I wonder if we should try and pick him up. We need a battering ram backrower. A change of scenery might be just what Houston needs to put aside his patchy form.
    Considering our second row has a question mark with sharpie possibly leaving id rather pick up Van Humpheries even if to add some depth should Sharpie hangs around.
    Dunno how the reds cant afford to hang on to modest players like Van Humphries and Houston when the Tahds can re-sign most of their Tahcelona squad, lure Ashley Cooper away from the Brumbies and have room to add Vickerman into the squad......man i hate the ARU *coughs*NSWRU*

Veteran
    vCash
    Exile,

I believe that most people are sick of the same thing... no build up in pressure leading to line breaks from ourin/outside backs. The only breaks tend to be from individual brilliance and counter attack.

the 12/13 pairing is great on defense, but don't seem to threaten too much on attack. This is my (and it seems like most) big issue.

vCash
    Exile. Palitu has said it! some of us have been members since day one and I and Mrs SNOB haven't missed a home game and still have no intention of doing so but we can as sure as hell say how we feel!
    The Farce better get their act together if they want to keep producing Wallabies because at the moment the bits of individual brilliance are being over shadowed by the title of losers! They can not carry on loseing in the last 5 mins or in this game the second half. The team apear to have a losing mentality!
    Yes I will be there next week but I wont be going there expecting a win.
    It will be nice if they show up with some balls and the will to win!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    For me the most frustrating thing was the stupidity of some of our decisions.

7 minutes to go, a point down and we win a penalty ~5m out and ~5m from the right touchline. We have 2 options: kick for 3 or go for a line-out.

A kick for 3.
    Pros:
    1. Gets you in the lead.
    2. We have one of the best kickers in Australia.
    Cons:
    1. Our kicker is having an off day.
    2. The kick's on his weak side.
    3. Land it and the Rebels get to kick-off deep into our half, and I don't trust us not to give away a penalty.

Going for the line.
    Pros:
    1. Stay on attack.
    2. The Rebels have just given away one penalty, do they risk another?
    3. We've got Sharpie in the line-out, and if you are worried about losing it, go short.
    4. A try gives us much more than a 2 point advantage.
    5. A try gives us a bonus point anyway.
    Cons:
    1. We might lose the line-out, or get shoved into touch, or turn the ball over, but at least the ball's down the Rebel's end for a bit.

Why does Sharpe choose the kick? Does he not back his own ability to win a line-out? Does he not back his forwards to score from 5m out? The Rebels used the ball for the 10 minutes they had Kingi off the field, and the try they scored had soemthing like 30 phases of ball. Why not try something similar?

A very frustrating evening!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast