Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force cut their losses and take Firepower failure on the chin

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Burgs, Looks like from the link to the ABC site that Swee gave , if you click home they have a video stream on there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A video stream is about as likely as...a very unlikely thing on this connection, but thanks anyway mate, if I'm at the mine I'll try

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Here we go . off the planet rugby bored!

Offsiders - ABC

and the transcript

The news in union with John O'Neill - Offsiders - ABC

vCash
    tahbar where are you, have you any more to add??

vCash
    I missed all this discussion too but read it in the paper.

The whole deal with this thing is dodgy!

I think the guy who made all these promises and spent all the money should be made to liquidate some of his belongings to atleast make some contribution to repay what he has done. He had no problems spending all the money so now he should be made to earn some money to pay back the people who he has let down.

Obviously the players involved can live without the money (I'm not disputing that) but what a disappointment, no-one likes to sign a contract to be paid a certain amount and then put in all the work and not get the payment. All the people who say "they get far too much money anyway" would probably be equally disappointed if the same thing happened to them so ease up.

Hopefully this doesn't effect the re-signing of the players involved. They are worth more to the sport and the fans and the teams than money can buy.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't effect the re-signing of the players involved. They are worth more to the sport and the fans and the teams than money can buy.
    There may be more but the big names who are set to lose from Firepower are Drew Mitchell, Cam Shepherd, Ryan Cross, Matt Giteau and Scott Staniforth.

Cross and Shepherd have both re-signed for about another 3 years this year and Staniforth re-signed for 3 last year so there aren't any dramas there. Thankfully Mitchell and Giteau are signed at least until the end of 2009 so hopefully any messiness will be cleaned up by then.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I think the guy who made all these promises and spent all the money should be made to liquidate some of his belongings to atleast make some contribution to repay what he has done. He had no problems spending all the money so now he should be made to earn some money to pay back the people who he has let down.
    As Firepower is a company the directors are protected from personal liability by law unless someone can prove they were acting negligently or similar and bad enough to lift the corporate veil, which basically means that they will be liable for the debts. I don't see making promises to pay money a justification to lift the veil, unless they were insolvently trading or intentionally fudging thier accounts to make everything seem better off, which I don't think it is. So the Force will only have a claim to the companies assets which it seems they are skint anyway so good luck....

vCash
    How did they get Bond then - (I know he stashed away a bit in family trusts which weren't touched) but basically his company went belly up owing hugh amounts to - or was there more to that story ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    i hadn't really had a look at this thread till the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by tahbar View Post
    So come on force people, stop blaming, growden, smh, former staff and others
    you show me one POSITIVE article article written about the Force by someone in the eastern states in the past 18 months??

But I'm astounded that everyone seems to still blame the smh, their journos and others for beating up on the force for some of their deals and relationships with Firepower.
    how is anyones business what goes on between the two parties (Western Force and Firepower), as others have said, this is nothing more then the collapse of a sponsor and it is not the first time or probably the last time?

If you think its not the forces fault, youre mad and have no business knowledge.
    what business background do you come from mate?? prostituion and drug dealing to people in Kings Cross is not a genuine business

just one more thing in regards to the media treatment of the Force is the fact that several media people in the eastern states have said that we would struggle to re-sign players?? Looks like another thing they got wrong.

I dare say that people in the eastern states are afraid that the power has left NSW/QLD and come west with alot of their players

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    How much is a sleeve sponsorship worth?
    interesting question TG. I'd probably beinterested in seeing that as well. what is the main sponsor worth?? about a million a year?? I'd assume the sleeve would go for anywhere between 30 and 50 thousand??

vCash
    interesting question TG. I'd probably beinterested in seeing that as well. what is the main sponsor worth?? about a million a year?? I'd assume the sleeve would go for anywhere between 30 and 50 thousand??[/QUOTE]

minimum $100,000 id say for the sleeve sponsor for one season........

vCash
    that may be closer to the mark. Depends on what the Force sold it for i guess, I guess the companies were lining up to sponsor them so it could have gone for more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    minimum $100,000 id say for the sleeve sponsor for one season........
    with the caveat that you don't actually have to pay it.. wonder if Rugby WA would be open to GTT sleve sponsorship, I'll set up a shelf company then go broke mid season.

vCash
    We'll take that Moses, the charge for a sleeve sponsorship is 1 million a season with 50% payable up front, Once your check clears we'll update our jerseys!

C'mon the

vCash
    Is tahbar really waratahjesus or someone writing on his behalf?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    How did they get Bond then -
    Would you believe, just the one Martini was all it took

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast