Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hapless Force sink deeper into the quicksand they're built on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    there is no eastern states conspiracy against the force.

end of story.
    I don't believe there is a conspiracy.

I do believe this is biased, unadultered crap, peddling one half of a story to suit a particular agenda, and have no hesitation in saying so.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I believe, their is a sponsor of an opposing team who writes a lot of crap and has no interest in providing positive news about an opposition team.

I believe, that somewhere, in my lifetime, all....ohh..sorry...got carried away.

vCash
    mudskipper, everytime i read something you write im banging my head against a wall, please save me the headache and stop posting bullshit

Last edited by TOCC; 19-01-09 at 10:28.

vCash
    It's one thing to report on any given team's internal strife, but geezz.. This guy's bias is worse than a pissed-off New York divorce lawyer arguing his own case on a bad day... Does this Connolly guy really believe the Force will finish near the bottom of the Super 14, or is he just trying (in a pathetic sort of way) to get attention? The only real value an article like this has is as a source of motivation for The Force players - I see that the fan base is already sufficiently fired up!!!

by and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth-george carlin:

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    There in lay the beauty of a conspiracy - no one actually knows about it other than the conspirators themselves - otherwise it wouldn't be a conspiracy...

Just because I'm paranoid does not mean someone isn't following me!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken9 View Post
    It's one thing to report on any given team's internal strife, but geezz.. This guy's bias is worse than a pissed-off New York divorce lawyer arguing his own case on a bad day... Does this Connolly guy really believe the Force will finish near the bottom of the Super 14, or is he just trying (in a pathetic sort of way) to get attention? The only real value an article like this has is as a source of motivation for The Force players - I see that the fan base is already sufficiently fired up!!!

Exactly what todays headline in the local paper suggests TC9.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    What was todays headline?

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    mudskipper, everytime i read something you write im banging my head against a wall, please save me the headavhe and stop posting bullshit

There ya go TOCC.

vCash
    Lets get some of the local lads in the set up. It's time. There's nothing wrong with the coach. Too many home sick ninnies that miss mum and the cafe strips in Sydney. Gits misses his hairdresser.
    Mitchell was the best coach this fledgling team could have got hold off. He was an allblack coach who had an almost unbeatable team. His knowledge of the game is excellent. His knowledge of the NZ rugby system which is second to none was like being handed the winning lotto ticket. Mitchell is a hard nut. Mitchell expects success. He expects his leadership group to deliver and quite frankly, Gits has been toilet for the Force......ditto some of the other precious GPS boys from over East. This is a mans game. Send the whingers home. Back the local lads. There is some great junior talent. Lets set up a better academy

Rookie
    vCash
    chisel head , this has nothing to do with mitchell being a hard nut , cut the bravado rubbish. its easy to say these things and hard to act . these players have been pretty brave in standing up and putting their opinion forward and risk their contracts, the livelyhoods that support their families.

saying nothing is gutless.

no one seems to have any problems with robbie deans. and he runs a much harder line than mitchell.

vCash
    no one seems to have any problems with robbie deans. and he runs a much harder line than mitchell.
    Dave, you're still peddling the line that John Mitchell's been eating babies when he's been at trining with the players he's been allegedly abusing for over two weeks now. As I've said a couple of times before, if the behaviour is so serious, do you think a QC would let him anywhere near the alleged victims?

I think not! Harris has proven himself to be a good operator in diffusing the bad press in a situation (which seems to be a selection criteria) I can't believe how a bloke with that nature would allow a free shot like that unless he's confident that the accusations are either baseless rubbish (actually even then I'd isolate mitchell if the accusations were complete rubbish but of a serious nature) or trivial bullshit.

C'mon the

vCash
    i thought john mitchell was put back to full duties after his manager threatened legal action if he wasnt, i would say the inquiry has to be legally binding to avoid massive payouts or compensation to any parties involved!

vCash
    chisel head , this has nothing to do with mitchell being a hard nut , cut the bravado rubbish. its easy to say these things and hard to act . these players have been pretty brave in standing up and putting their opinion forward and risk their contracts, the livelyhoods that support their families.

saying nothing is gutless.

I hate this modern day "player power" bullsh1t.
    When the Western Force was but a glint in your eye, who did you want as coach? The ex allblack butt kicker with a reputation for success or a reserve grade coach from Randwick?
    This franchise would have been absolute rubbish without Mitchell and now everybody wants to put a knife in his back.
    Gits is the gimp who is moving back east and stirring up trouble. Gits is leaving anyway. Sack Gits.
    Players are employees. They weren't employed to coach the team. Two things you need from employees........competence and committment. The incompetent or uncommitted need to be sacked or they drag your business down. Gits is uncommitted and his performances show it......ditto Drew Mitchell. If they miss their mummy, send them home.
    Nobody but J. Mitchell could have got the Force to a competitive state with the kids and has beens he's had and with no ruby culture or junior system to support it.
    John Mitchell has made this franchise competitive. He's a good coach and he should be supported.
    Player Power is for over paid, over hyped g1mps who have been reading their own press. The young and determined turn up and give their best and don't bloody whinge about the coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    I hate this modern day "player power" bullsh1t.
    When the Western Force was but a glint in your eye, who did you want as coach? The ex allblack butt kicker with a reputation for success or a reserve grade coach from Randwick?
    This franchise would have been absolute rubbish without Mitchell and now everybody wants to put a knife in his back.
    Gits is the gimp who is moving back east and stirring up trouble. Gits is leaving anyway. Sack Gits.
    Players are employees. They weren't employed to coach the team. Two things you need from employees........competence and committment. The incompetent or uncommitted need to be sacked or they drag your business down. Gits is uncommitted and his performances show it......ditto Drew Mitchell. If they miss their mummy, send them home.
    Nobody but J. Mitchell could have got the Force to a competitive state with the kids and has beens he's had and with no ruby culture or junior system to support it.
    John Mitchell has made this franchise competitive. He's a good coach and he should be supported.
    Player Power is for over paid, over hyped g1mps who have been reading their own press. The young and determined turn up and give their best and don't bloody whinge about the coach.
    there is a long list of coaches that could have made it work" john mitchell was the best available at the time, he has had three years, with the success he has had, does he warrant four more?

the kids and has beens as you put it didnt do anything in the first year, the four or five wallaby players he signed int he second year may have had more to do with the success.

mitchell is no super coach, his success at the all blacks also came at a time when the all blacks had one of the best squads in rugby history and his coaching still failed to win them a world cup! he has been solid elsewere without being spectacular, he is a good coach, but coaching jobs change, i dont agree with player power either, but i dont believe any of us know what is truly going on behind closed doors. if mitchell is causing problems then the players are right to speak up about it

vCash
    They met him, they were inspired by him, they signed on the dotted line. Some of these blokes would have been playing in the second XV's for the eastern franchises and some are wallabies now thanks to the opportunity provided by Mitchell. Look at some of the players that left. Fava..........spent his time here in the bar drunk most of the time. Turned up to training drunk. Didn't like being told he was out of line so he left................familiar story perhaps? Uncommitted!
    Mitchell expects committment and hard work. He demands results. There's a few too many happy to be mid table, bide their time till the super 14 ends and move back east with a fat pay cheque. There are too many uncommitted mercenaries who don't want to do the hard yards. Looking through the playing roster these days, there is no excuse anymore. It's a good team.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast